• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [City] Moving buildings belonging to a set

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110410

I think building sets is a great idea. However, moving them or rearranging them is a dicy and scary prospect.

Proposal: Make moving buildings in a set easier.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea Yes.

Reason: The reset of the "production counters" is a daunting menace.

Details: The dialog that pops up as a warning when attempting to move a building that belongs to a set shows that programmatically there's a different section of code being executed. It should be quite easy to implement new features:
- an option or button to move all the buildings belonging to the set together.
- an option to "stop the clock" until all the rearrangements have been completed.

Visual Aids: Sorry, none.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Can't really see potential for abuse, but I'm not that way inclined, so I might be missing something obvious to others...

DeletedUser103052

+1 for moving the set as a whole. Losing up to 5 productions is a big price just to rearrange your city a bit.

DeletedUser110195

On my worlds where I lacked the space to set down the garden ruins, I learned the painful way that you do indeed lose your collection if it was ready, and if not your collection time gets thrown off, leaving you paralyzed to change the position of building sets until their normal collection time.
A huge +1 from me

DeletedUser16112

The reason for the timer is that beta players doing combat would re-arrange their gardens for max attack power and then when the combat was over move it back to max production. If the timers don't reset you would lose only a little production time.

You can get a lot of attack power if you have a few extra sakura rocks and don't care that the production will suffer. Which is fair. It's a strategic choice to sacrifice FP and goods in favor of attack power.

The problem is when you can have both high attack power and high production by rearranging several times per day at very little cost.

DeletedUser16126

-1 The counter reset is mandatory when you move a single building, otherwise you could have 1 set and a lot of gongs and replace the gong just before collecting it. and every time cash the 3 FP's for every gong.

Moving a full set is also not a solution, because you can have several full sets that always reuse one of the 2 decoration buildings.

I don't see the problem, if you move your buildings right after collection you will loose nothing at all.

PomPoms

Sergeant
+1 from me!
I would think the majority of players would only have one set of anything due to space, so moving the set as a whole would be a great solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.