• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Moved building appeared before the one that should be shadowing it

DeletedUser111866

The recent shadow app UI update introduced another Z-ordering bug. I have a Cathedral of Aachen in front, then I move a couple of houses behing and to the right of it, and they get displayed over CoA. Repeatable 100% in this sequence, also seems to be independent from moving or trying to move CoA. Trying to attach a screen....
Screenshot_2018-02-15-20-09-36-01.jpeg
Interesting that the house on the left of the bugged one doesn't get displayed in front of CoA, but if I move it one square to the up-right (moving away the victory tower) it still gets on top of CoA. The bug seems to manifest if there is an empty square between a big building (tested only with CoA) and a building being moved. Reloading app or logging out then in does not restore the proper z-order. (Does the app store active Z-order somewhere between sessions?)

DeletedUser111866

An addition: the bug manifests when positioning two clapboard houses with an empty space between them. If you positikn two houses in a 2x5 spot with a 2x1 empty space between, moving the "upper" house last, you can detect the top left of lower house is covered by ground part of upper house.

A lil more details: the game seems to have "regions" of buildings that get z-ordered inside, but intra-region Z-order is the thing that got broken. See here: moving a victory tower into an empty space between CoA and two clapboard houses cause them to immediately appear behind CoA, moving it away returns them being displayed on top.
Screenshot_2018-02-15-20-40-41-01.jpeg Here VT is in place barely behind CoA and houses are z-ordered correctly.
Screenshot_2018-02-15-20-40-31-01.jpeg And here I moved the VT away, bam CoA's spire got buried in houses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

That bug comes after moving smaller buildings behind larger one. Its not that new bug, been having it for at least 2 months. Also, it was reported multiple times before

DeletedUser111866

That bug comes after moving smaller buildings behind larger one. Its not that new bug, been having it for at least 2 months. Also, it was reported multiple times before
Maybe so, I haven't hit it before, and last time I moved that house it was correctly z-ordered behind CoA (about a day ago), then an UI update arrived and the bug resurfaced.