• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Move unit information hover box prior to and during battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:

Fix the information panel when you hover over units to a set place on the screen

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes, didn't see it

Reason:

When hovering over units in the middle of a battle, it obscures some of the field of view so that you cannot always see which unit is being shown.

Furthermore, when hovering over units prior to battle, especially enemy units on the world map, I cannot see what the final few attack/defence bonuses are because they are off the bottom of the screen

Details:

Fix the unit information panel to the side of the screen, so that when in a battle, it does not obscure the field.

The best way to explain this is by an example. When attacking 8 vs8, and trying to decide which is the best unit to attack with my two catapults first by figuring out which will be the next Trebuche the enemy will use, for example, the hover menu blocks the map and often you cannot see which unit is highlighted, especially when it is 8 vs 8, it blocks almost all of the enemy line, so you cannot see which unit is highlighted. It was especially obvious in a continent battle where the defence had 6 trebuches.

The menu is also off the screen, at least on my laptop, when selecting units and seeing the stats of enemy units prior to battle.

Perhaps the battle field could be moved to the right, leaving enough space for the unit menu to be fixed to the left of the screen, or vice versa. The menu prior to battle can be fixed to one side so that you can see it all.

Visual Aids:

Imagination

Balance:

None

Abuse Prevention:

None

Summary:

Fixing the hover over unit information box menu where it does not obscure the battle field or disappear off the screen

DeletedUser

As seen here many agree that the issue that this proposal is trying to solve is a major annoyance.

However, I am not certain that the proposed solution will work for those with small resolutions.

DeletedUser

+1 ,i didnt make a propose because i didnt know if it was just me or everyone has this problem
its really annoying since you cant see what unit is next when you hover mouse over the unit bar

DeletedUser1094

Yep... +1 from me too.

Thanks, Nekora, for making this proposal... and thanks to Mordin too, for providing the Link to the discussion-thread.

I agree with Mordin about the possible problem regarding the movement of the Info-box...another solution-idea will be welcomed.
Maybe the Info-box could be toggled on/off instead?

DeletedUser

There is nothing obscured when hovering over the actual unit (in battle) but rather when hovering over the unit information icon on the scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen.

Simply go to the right of the scrolling bar and use the small arrows to move the unit information icon to a better spot so the pop up does not obscure what you want to look at.

DeletedUser

Simply go to the right of the scrolling bar and use the small arrows to move the unit information icon to a better spot so the pop up does not obscure what you want to look at.
This is a work around. A solution would be for the app to check if the unit will be obscure by the popup and move it for you or make the popup background semitransparent, so that you can both read and spot the unit etc...

DeletedUser3723

His Mighty Battlemaster, Lord Vortican I, enthusiastically supports this idea! There have been many a time when his generals have informed His Lordship that they were ill-prepared for battle and lost many more warriors than necessary because they could not determine which units were threatening attack next! Of course, they were still victorious (if they were not, Lord Vortican would have their heads mounted on pikes!) but it cost Lord Vortican precious coins from his treasury that could have been used to purchase fine wines, furs for His Lordship's Lady, and hot wings! Truly, this issue must be rectified.

DeletedUser

Here is a possible ans simple solution:

How its normally shown:
Untitled-5.jpg
How it should b shown if the unit is obscured by popup:
Untitled-52.jpg

DeletedUser

not sure if that will help if the units are in the middle of the field or for smaller monitor resolution
i think making it semitransparent will be the best choice

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 for Necora's proposal. And +1 for Mordin's semi-transparent variant of the info box. This could be a great solution to the problem.

DeletedUser

Additionally, it should go the other way around. When we move the cursor over a unit on the battle map, its position in timeline strip should be highlighted.
Untitled-2.jpg

DeletedUser

Thank you all for the feed back.

I agree, moving the box would be difficult due to resolutions etc, but for me this is already a problem in the selecting units screen prior to a battle as the box is already off the screen, so that definitely needs to be moved.

As per the in-battle ideas from Mordin, I like them. The transparent feature will work very well, as long as the unit which is hidden is highlighted enough to see through.

I think, however, that the idea you have just posted with regards to highlighting the units and it's position in the attack list showing is even better, and would solve the problem without having to make the menu transparent (or both could be implemented for total coverage!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.