• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Move Expansion Grids

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I've just used a new expansion build and whilst dragging the screen around placed the new expansion in the wrong place.
Is there anything I can do to move it?
If not, why not?? I understand it wouldn't be right to be able to move expansions at any time, however if the expansion hasn't been built on, I can't see why you shouldn't be able to move it.
The 2 view levels (are for me) not suitable. I'd prefer to be able to zoom out more. Holding the expansion grid whilst dragging the screen around has created this problem.

Help please. 'Wasting' this expansion is costly!!

DeletedUser

You should post this in Idea subforum. I think this is a good idea. If we can move the buildings around, why can't we do the same with grids?

DeletedUser1378

TOT agree. I wasted one of my expansions while doing the same thing and it been a pain for set up since ... falls in the same category as why can't we rotate the buildings.

DeletedUser

TOT agree. I wasted one of my expansions while doing the same thing and it been a pain for set up since ... falls in the same category as why can't we rotate the buildings.

Or at least show the option "OK / Cancel" before confirming position for grid.

DeletedUser

Although I agree that you should be able to move expansion grids (if empty), but buildings should not be rotatable. The difference between a 4x5 and a 5x4 is what adds some challenge to city arrangements

DeletedUser1081

i agree completely that empty expansions should be moveable, and that this proposal should be raised in the "Ideas" section.

DeletedUser1294

I have the same problem.
I am using a system where I place 2 houses (2x2) on two streets by both sides, which means my paths and grids for one area of housing is 6x*, and I accidentaly placed an expansion on a block parralel to my housing, and I can build houses but they have no road access, so they can't be finished.

So annoying.

DeletedUser

How about an "undo move" ? Could stay as long as you don't move something else.

DeletedUser

I am against moving expansions and rotating buildings. Makes you think more before you click. Good exercise for all kiddies to learn that you shouldn't click without reflection in this bad, bad internet :p

DeletedUser

Is it possible for a mod to move this thread to 'Ideas'?
Thanks for the positive replies.

HaekelHansi, this isn't about clicking without reflection, it is about a crappy mouse button that attempts to hold an expansion grid whilst scrolling the view of your location. It seems I'm not the only one who as accidentally dropped an expansion whilst dragging the screen. Maybe all kiddies should have spanking equipment and not have accidents.

DeletedUser

That's why I was suggesting the undo button, a one time fix-this-misclick-savior.

I won't let people abuse and move expansion around and it would give a 2nd chance to unlucky clickers.

It never happened to me yet but it could be useful to anyone at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.