• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Mounted Archers hitting my units without moving???? Please Help!!

DeletedUser101611

I attacked a sector of Dunkelwald and the mounted archers were hitting my units from one side of the battlefield to the other without moving. How is that possible if their range is only 4??????

DeletedUser7719

Mounted Archers have a movement of 25, so since the plains cost 2 movement points (on basic map scale), it can travel up to 12 hexes in one turn. Movement also determines speed, so they will move before any unit but heavy cavalry up to the Early Middle Ages

Hope that helps!

DeletedUser4089

[snip]without moving[/snip]

Mounted Archers have a movement of 25, so since the plains cost 2 movement points (on basic map scale), it can travel up to 12 hexes in one turn. Movement also determines speed (excluding paratroopers), so they will move before any unit but heavy cavalry up to the Early Middle Ages
Hope that helps!

This sounds like a problem experienced shortly before a flash crash, The units are actually moving across the map(server side) but as flash memory gets close to overloading on your computer, the movement isn't updated on your game screen.
So the mounted archers are within 4 hexes of your units, but still show at their starting point.
A refresh should resolve the issue and show the units in their correct places.

Hope that helps.

DeletedUser7719

Dang, over-read again :p
I just going to add that the current position of the mounted archer will be red. This will turn back to normal by the next time they move