• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Motivated Buildings cannot be plundered

DeletedUser

Ok, I wont bother you with this in the idea section then. I was expecting that english servers would have some hard core PvPers and not only farmers :-P

Its kind of sad to know that InA towns which require only 50 motivations a day cannot be plundered. At this point I wander whats the point of having the ability to plunder towns at all? You can just eliminate it all-together.
I never bother to plunder players of lower ages since the amount of coins/supplies gotten is worthless for any InA player and it only makes the newcomers quit the game out of frustration.
Where a plunder would actually have some sense (50k supplies or 17k coins), you dont want it.

To each its own I guess.

DeletedUser6065

Ok, I wont bother you with this in the idea section then. I was expecting that english servers would have some hard core PvPers and not only farmers :-P
Its kind of sad to know that InA towns which require only 50 motivations a day cannot be plundered.
O.K., then how about 'Plunder of Pol/Mot allowed only in CA and above' (Get ready for the Town Hall/GB suggestion next). . . . mk

DeletedUser276

actually the plunder system will be changed later on. But so will some other issues that are related ;) try and remember... the game is only like half released.

DeletedUser3157

Being unable to plunder motivated buildings is real bad. Not only should you be able to plunder them, u should also get the 2x resources. I see no reasoning in having this weird plunder limitation, only problems and abuses as OP posted out.

DeletedUser276

well when I see some posts I wish very hard that I could say something to set things straight. But am not allowed :( especially things that may get slightly tweaked and altered. Unfortunately that has a side effect of players running off and getting mad at something they shouldnt as they misunderstand. Thats why I give the little tidbits of just wait and see's. So hopefully they will think... hey.. theres more to this than I thought.

DeletedUser

well when I see some posts I wish very hard that I could say something to set things straight. But am not allowed :( especially things that may get slightly tweaked and altered. Unfortunately that has a side effect of players running off and getting mad at something they shouldnt as they misunderstand. Thats why I give the little tidbits of just wait and see's. So hopefully they will think... hey.. theres more to this than I thought.
it also means we don't getting mad at decisions we disagree with, since we are unaware ;) yin and yang if you wish.

DeletedUser

once upon a time... i can plunder double portions... i miss those times... :rolleyes:

this limitation is good for those big guys who have 140 friends and mostly have 24hours stuff in the city. no plundering even if u put 2spearman... how nice... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser14145

Being able to plunder motivated buildings (and take the 2x bonus as well) would be a terrible change.

Why?
1) Not everyone is able to get everything motivated - you would need some good active friends and guildies. For the players who work to keep active friends/guildies that motivate daily should count as a benefit (ie. protection from THAT specific building from being plundered and also having it doubled), and not an reward for people looking to plunder.
2) Again, not everyone has that many daily Motivates. There are obviously people who will have unmotivated supplies/gold to plunder. Goods cannot be motivated, which is always vulnerable to plunder.
3) Once again, when a friend/guildy helps, it should help YOU only, not another player. Why? Because this can easily be abused.
Say 2 friends are in the same neighborhood, named B and C. B attacks several neighbors, and notices the biggest production building he wants to plunder is not motivated. B messages C, and C goes and motivates all the buildings of the neighbors that B requests. Now B can plunder them all with 2x bonus.
C never wanted to help the neighborhood players by motivating, but only to help his attacker friend B gain more plunder.
Now motivating is not benefiting the player (as it is intended to be), but instead being exploited by attackers to gain more supplies/gold.

And this is why I think is an extremely bad idea for motivated buildings to be plunderable.

If people are able to get ALL their buildings motivated, then I think they deserve to NOT be plundered. I mean how many people here have that many friends/guildy that faithfully motivate/polish you every single day? They should get something for their hard efforts.

DeletedUser

I mean how many people here have that many friends/guildy that faithfully motivate/polish you every single day? They should get something for their hard efforts.
You will see at later stages of the game its more convenient to keep all the production and houses on 1 day durations. This will enable you to have everything motivated with 40-50 motivations which is easy obtainable from your guildmates and friend list.

Anyway, they already got two new social actions in the works which will change the dynamics of this system. Lets see what they come up with.

DeletedUser5180

one point that has been mentioned several times here and is COMPLETELY WRONG............

more advanced cities have less buildings to p/m therefore plunder also. since the dawn of 3x3 houses most players have far less houses, also supplies and goods buildings have increased in size as have great buildings and army barracks all meaning less overall buildings that can be plundered, not more.

DeletedUser1032

More advanced cities have less buildings to p/m therefore plunder also. since the dawn of 3x3 houses most players have far less houses, also supplies and goods buildings have increased in size as have great buildings and army barracks all meaning less overall buildings that can be plundered, not more.

True that. In earlier ages I used to have tons of coin and supply buildings. Now I'm running with five supply and sixteen coin buildings, which makes it pretty much guaranteed that they will all get polivated before their production cycle is done.

DeletedUser

Why not simply disband the plunder option for the Guild Wars.
( and so disbanding this discussion and all the plundering in Guild Wars possible problems completly :D )
Several other options are possible ( just touching some ideas 'round that ) :
- another individual ranking that would reward with a + % of coins, .. per number of wins.
- another guild ranking with this same + % reward.
>> maybe a good idea for the idea section ?
( i'm new to the forum, although i have a Town over halfway LMA ).

DeletedUser7719

There is an op out/in for Guild Wars, so if there is a plundering aspect to it, it would be your choice to take the chance