• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Motivate or polish

What determines when you click aid if you motivate or polish a players construction?
Why does my witch doctor never get motivated unless I do it manually? Shall I delete all my 1x1 stuff...

Last edited:

Cuthwolf

Captain
Aid is an action that can be performed from the Social Bar instead of going into the player's city and manually selecting 'Motivate' or 'Polish', the building that will be aided is selected according to the 'aid priority list'.

Buildings providing the most

1. Forge Points
2. Goods
3. Units
4. Medals
5. Guild Power

Upon motivation will be motivated first.

When there is no building that gains any of the above productions upon motivation, the game will select 50/50 whether to motivate or to polish a building. It then randomly selects a building of the respective category, giving buildings of the higher age the priority.

my small lanterns, statues and hammocks always have lots of stars above them, never my coliseum or witch doctor ??...
new fishing hut was immediately motivated.

r21r

Major-General
Plunder !!!
Buildings have "aid priority" depending to their production (as for the question)

That's a good point! Trees, hedges, Tiki Totems and other decorations, they all detract from the motivation of decent buildings, so if you don't need them anymore, sell them.

Exactly, I recon if i delete (sell) all the little things that AID polishes it will force the AI to motivate for the obvious building reward bonus which can be 100% more. :)
Care must be taken not to lose the happiness 120% production bonus.

I think the algorythm could do with a bit of improvement. As it stands an increase of 1FP (sok) outweighs e.g. an increase of 10 units (royal bathhouse) or 4 units plus 35 goods (vovernor's villa), that doesn't seem very reasonable.