• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Most useful building? and most worthless?

suethegreat

Captain
Given other discussions about the worth or not of wells and fountains of youth what are players most useful buildings to aid play and those that seem a waste of space and time? standard buildings, special buildings and gb's and why? This would be of a typical build not something levelled to the stratosphere nor a farming situation.

1) Windmill production building as standard...good output, can be motivated (downside costs diamonds or bought in a pack)
2) most useful special ..gondola dock....great or topping up recurring quests and counts as timed production for challenges (downside cant be motivated)
3) gb Lighthouse for a newer player...boosts supplies? Arc for later..medals?
3) waste of space ...wells...a whole day to get what is easily produced reliably elsewhere and simply doesnt give enough diamonds as they can be more easily gained elsewhere. Only slight helpful thing is that coin ans supplies are shown if you do need a quest top up otherwise little boxes of disappointment lol.

DeletedUser

!: Pretty much obsolete now.
2: Sleigh Builders are far smaller and size does matter.
3: I don't have any Dia Farms so they have never been of any use to me.
What CV has stated is pretty much the truth of it. Efficient use of Footprint is paramount and never get attached to obsolete EBs such as Grand Bridge, etc. They all have their day but when rendered obsolete by newer and more efficient ones they should be stored for later resale in the AD or, if you have no Store Buildings in Invent, make the choice to keep or simply Delete.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Given other discussions about the worth or not of wells and fountains of youth what are players most useful buildings to aid play and those that seem a waste of space and time? standard buildings, special buildings and gb's and why? This would be of a typical build not something levelled to the stratosphere nor a farming situation.

1) Windmill production building as standard...good output, can be motivated (downside costs diamonds or bought in a pack)
2) most useful special ..gondola dock....great or topping up recurring quests and counts as timed production for challenges (downside cant be motivated)
3) waste of space ...wells...a whole day to get what is easily produced reliably elsewhere and simply doesnt give enough diamonds as they can be more easily gained elsewhere. Only slight helpful thing is that coin ans supplies are shown if you do need a quest top up otherwise little boxes of disappointment lol.
Windmills suck beyond HMA. The gondola dock is one of the worst special production buildings. And WWs are useless in your main city, but amazing in diamond farms. And what are you talking about with the GBs?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General

1. Even premium buildings are hot garbage and not worth ever placing.

2. Your GB's fall into a few main categories:
a) Resource GB = Arc, Chateaux
b) Military GB = Zeus+Achen+Castel, Terracotta
c) Secondary boosts = Hemeji, ToR... eventually maybe AO/Kraken once you have extra space. (ie: if you don't ever fight, AO's main bonus is useless, while Cape becomes the much more efficient fp producer.;))
d) Population GB = Inno Tower
Everything else is either cosmetic, or a total and complete dumpster fire.

3. WW's in a diamond farm world are golden. Shrunken WW's in a diamond farm are heavenly. :P

...as for whether or not the various event buildings are worth it or not, just do the math.
ie: Gondola Market is absolute garbage as it's a 4x5 that produces only 3fps per day, which equals just 0.15 fps/square - among the worst in the entire game!
Goods wise it's just as bad - 10 goods per day = only 0.5 goods per tile.

Compare that to a Sleigh Builder which is 15 goods/day in a tiny 2x3 footprint, giving it an actual production rate of 2.5 goods/tile. :)

I like the Rosarium. Aesthetically pleasing, and its a production building so can be used to satisfy quests. Similarly, the Sunken Treasure - also a production building.

The sleigh builder is another production building, but rather dated and probably inferior to the Rosarium to my mind (style of play). There are those who will say the Rosarium takes up too much space, it is 3x4, but it suits my style - and that's an important consideration.
??
OK it looks nice but its twice the size of sleigh builder and gives less so I fail to understand the logic

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I like the Rosarium. Aesthetically pleasing, and its a production building so can be used to satisfy quests. Similarly, the Sunken Treasure - also a production building.

The sleigh builder is another production building, but rather dated and probably inferior to the Rosarium to my mind (style of play). There are those who will say the Rosarium takes up too much space, it is 3x4, but it suits my style - and that's an important consideration.
Rosarium = 3x4 size
1fp @8hrs, max 3/day = 0.25 fps/tile
10 goods @24hrs = 0.8333* goods/tile

Sleigh Builder = 2x3 size
15 goods @24hrs = 2.5 good/tile
*NB: no fp option

Sunken Treasure = 2x3 size
5 goods @8hrs, max 3/day = 2.5 goods/tile
1fp @24hrs = 0.16 fps/tile

Math says you have chosen poorly. :P
Only place the Rosarium 'wins' is in fp generation, BUT! only if you can manage to make all 3x 8hrs production every day. If you can only get in 2 production, then it slips down to a putrid 0.16fps/tile, which is basically a giant waste of space. :P

Basically, when it comes to the multi-production buildings, you want to look at only;
1. Lv2 Terrace Farm >> Flourishing Cider Mill for goods or fps production
2. Sleigh Builder > Sunken Treasure for goods
3. Magnum Opus for fps

...everything else is basically under powered to outright trash tier.

Powe

Brigadier-General

If old now means inferior, can you please tell me when it changed?

Powe

Brigadier-General

Maths is for mathematicians. I am an artist. You may have missed the parts where I said "aesthetically pleasing" and "suits my style of play". My residents love their roses, and I agree with them. Some people like giant, grey stone buildings, that's their choice.

The only place where I will pull you up is with regard to a level 2 Terrace Farm. That is about as common as a liberal at a US Tea Party convention! So perhaps not a practical aspiration for the short term.

And I still stand by my Oasis. May not produce very much, but it does produce 1 of each good of its age. Very handy when your city is in a world where trades are scarce.
You called it inferior. You now say it is not. Which is correct?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
They're good, but there is much better.
such as ? the game has changed a lot and buildings that were once the must have are now being sold off, i held on to my farms for far to long before i gave them up, same as the mahja palaces i had there all gone now. and at one time they were the best thing since sliced bread, i can not think of the worse building to have as there are quite a lot of buildings that are useless

Powe

Brigadier-General
such as ? the game has changed a lot and buildings that were once the must have are now being sold off, i held on to my farms for far to long before i gave them up, same as the mahja palaces i had there all gone now. and at one time they were the best thing since sliced bread, i can not think of the worse building to have as there are quite a lot of buildings that are useless
You think TFs are bad? At level 2 they give 12 FPs in a 6x5 space.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Maths is for mathematicians. I am an artist. You may have missed the parts where I said "aesthetically pleasing" and "suits my style of play". My residents love their roses, and I agree with them. Some people like giant, grey stone buildings, that's their choice.
Math can't be argued with. You claimed your Rosarium was among the best, math proves it is actually quite poor.
You can always keep less efficient buildings and go more for looks vs. pure efficiency, many players do such to some extant... even my own cities keep certain buildings purely based on asthetics vs. hyper efficiency. (*cough*blacktower*cough)

But you shouldn't ever be calling something among the best/the best because of opinion, as it can easily mislead other newer players.
If/when claiming a building is amazing/an utter dumpster fire, you *must* back it up with the math on it, otherwise it's just misleading personal opinion vs. actual fact. :)

The only place where I will pull you up is with regard to a level 2 Terrace Farm. That is about as common as a liberal at a US Tea Party convention! So perhaps not a practical aspiration for the short term.
It may be an overnight accomplishment, but it *is* something that will come naturally to anyone who actively completes all 64 GE stages.
Until then, the Flourishing Cider Mill is a solid stand-in.

And I still stand by my Oasis. May not produce very much, but it does produce 1 of each good of its age. Very handy when your city is in a world where trades are scarce.
Find a better guild. ;)
While it's true that some goods are more scarce than others, even VF goods can be had if you join the right guild.

And if you like the Oasis, then again, take a peek into Lv4 GE which has an upgrade for the Tribal Square, which will double the output from 5 goods/day to 10 good/day.
Another option for obtaining larger quantities of previous age goods is to look into the Star Gazer GB. (not my personal top choice however, as it takes a while to get going.)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Every single one of the Cultural Settlement prize buildings...
Olympic Treasury is another real gem, as are the upcoming Halloween event buildings.

Villas *are* among the top tier of buildings, but there are some that blow even it out of the water.