• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

More Logic in Two-Wave Battles Please!

• Thread starter DeletedUser1081
  • Start date

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser1081

Proposal:
In the 2-wave battles on the continent, I'm supposed to be using the same army to fight both waves. The way it's set up now, though, my army in the second wave is the same in some respects but not in others. Damage/Losses sustained in the first battle remain for the second wave, but the boost lent by a dead champion doesn't, and converted rogues go back to their raw-rogue state. What sense does that make?? Either it's the same army or it isn't. So at the start of the second battle it should either be restored to its state from before the first battle (not likely to happen and not what I'm proposing!) or it should retain any boosts and conversions it acquired during the first battle.

Reason & Details: The way it is now, I'm annoyed at the lack of logic every time I enter a second wave of battle. It's bad enough that I'm expected to fight twice with the same army, but it's downright cheating for helpful boosts and conversions (or anyway potentially helpful ones) to be eliminated while the wounds and losses are retained. If it's the same army then it should remain boosted by a champion's death for the second wave as well, and any converted rogues should remain converted.

Balance: What I'm proposing shouldn't cause any balance problems; in fact it might in some scenarios be disadvantageous to the player: If my rogues got converted into something lame and then badly wounded in the first battle, for example, I might be sorry they didn't revert to rogue state for the second battle. But why should they? The point is: If my army is supposed to be the same for the second wave as for the first, it shouldn't change between the two battles.

Thanks for giving this your consideration - I'm very interested in other players' views of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1!

Some 2 wave battles can be very though, I like having the idea to have some more strategic options on them.

DeletedUser7719

+1 from me!

Question: would Missile Artilleries still be removed in these circumstances if you used it during the first battle?

DeletedUser1081

If you ask me, if you used the missile in the first wave, it shouldn't reappear in the second wave (does it really?!). Either it's the same army meeting both waves or it isn't.

DeletedUser

I'm not in CE so haven't come up against this issue, but I understand the problem and agree that it should make more sense...

+1

DeletedUser96901

with these idea you must also apply it to paratroopers and strike teams:
after using Rapid Deployment in the first wave they can't use it in the second wave and have to start in the line where all other units also starts

(or can a paratrooper/strike team go back to his airplane and jump again in the second wave :confused:)

DeletedUser

after using Rapid Deployment in the first wave they can't use it in the second wave and have to start in the line where all other units also starts

(or can a paratrooper/strike team go back to his airplane and jump again in the second wave :confused:)
or for even more of a strategic challenge, all the units on your side stay where they were at at the end of the first wave, so you not only have to consider beating the first wave but the actual positioning of your troops (which would be of a huge benefit to commandos and the such that hide in trees, but a massive disadvantage if you had to hit something hiding in a tree and end the battle one square away from the enemy starting line).

DeletedUser5180

A nice idea in theory but 2 many different scenarios (see last 2 posts) would make this unworkable so I won't give a minus 1, will just stay undecided

DeletedUser99445

Isn't the second wave a new batch of troops? I don't believe its the same batch that were defeated in the first wave.
If I'm right then I would expect the next wave to start at the beginning again and with that in mind then my troops should also re-start.

DeletedUser96901

the opponent has new troops

you start with the old troops from the first wave
injured and maybe less than 8

you don't restart with 8 healthy new troops in the second wave

DeletedUser99445

Thank you. I would expect the next wave to start at the beginning again and with that in mind then my troops should also re-start regardless of injuries as that is the challenge.

DeletedUser15432

I have battled my way through the PME continent where the 2 stage battles are using conventional troops and though I found it hard, I managed without the proposed implementation of this idea, therefore, this to me seems to be designed to make the battles easier for the person who proposed the idea, therefore a -1 for this idea

Galladhorn

Monarch
± Neutral

I support the idea due to the consquence and non compromise of concept – But if it will work is to be tested. In fact I do not question that it could work, it is more a matter if it will be balanced for all player levels and if there is more or less dynamics coming with it. I am sure the devs spend some time getting it to where it is now. In any case there is good reasoning behind this idea.