• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: More information on GVG event notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3315

Proposal: We need more information on event notifications. The current GVG log does not give enough detail about who or which guild has created the event notification.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Not on this forum.

Reason: Firstly so we can see who is attacking us and seek revenge. Secondly so guild members that are actively helping out with GVG can be recognized for their efforts.

Details: More detail in event logs. Pretty simple.

Visual Aids: N/A

Balance: No unbalancing from this proposal.

Abuse Prevention: None that i can think of.

Summary: Increase the information in the event logs for GVG.

DeletedUser96867

+ infinity + 1

A proper events log with time stamps, guild names, and player names would go a long way to solving several glaring shortcomings of the current gvg design. While this idea might not have been posted on this forum before, it's been mentioned for many months on the forum we aren't allowed to talk about.

DeletedUser1081

+1 especially if it also includes who has made contributions of essential goods and defense armies.
Every contributor should be acknowledged.

DeletedUser13082

As already said, goods contributions should also be added to the event log. +1 from me :)

Amy Steele

General
+1 from me on this too - it would be great to know which members are contributing armies and goods. Though the event log does actually give the guild flag of the guild that attacked, it is not always possible to determine which guild that was if the sector is in the landing zone and the attacking guild is not from a neighbouring sector. Guild name would be much better.

DeletedUser97349

+1 here too, information on goods donations in particular would be invaluable.

DeletedUser96867

I still have no idea why this feature wasn't added long ago. The mods can access a gvg event log to see who has done what, just make it available to guild leaders as well.

DeletedUser

We really would like a member name added to an event. We have members using goods from the guild treasury to add defensive troops to interior hexs that really don't need more troops. If we know who added them, we can educate them why their help was not as useful as it could have been - and stop spamming the guild - and without having to take away everyone's rights.

DeletedUser7719

Members' name are added now (for any event listed in the event log) if you hover over it ;)

DeletedUser2989

Must be a permission thing, looking at my event log I can't see who added armies to what sector.

I know the original post is old, but still would be great to see more details. +1

DeletedUser13805

I still have no idea why this feature wasn't added long ago. The mods can access a gvg event log to see who has done what, just make it available to guild leaders as well.

here we go again guild leaders must have these powers i take it ?
at this rate we will need to give a blood sample and dna test to show who did what when and how : )

at the rate of event notifications we will have no time to play the game as everyone will be to busy reading or is it just guild leaders who will be the only ones to get the event notifications ?

anyway this idea gets a + ! from me only because it makes sense to know who attacked you etc, but a -1 to fischh comment about leaders having things again !!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr

DeletedUser96867

here we go again guild leaders must have these powers i take it ?
at this rate we will need to give a blood sample and dna test to show who did what when and how : )

at the rate of event notifications we will have no time to play the game as everyone will be to busy reading or is it just guild leaders who will be the only ones to get the event notifications ?

anyway this idea gets a + ! from me only because it makes sense to know who attacked you etc, but a -1 to fischh comment about leaders having things again !!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr

I don't want an events notification i hate event notifications. What i'd like is a events log so when unknown players waste goods on sieges, or defense slots we can figure out who it is. If we have a saboteur moving our HQ or deleting our armies we can figure out who it is. So when a player starts attacking an allies siege in an adjacent sector we can figure out who it is. Also be great to see how many attacks each player is managing to win as it would be great for planning to know who is able to do what.

As i assume it's the gvg leaders who are going to be the ones most likely to deal with the issue and the planning that is why i believe they should be able to see the gvg events log. I have no problem in any way with all players in the guild being able to see the info, but others have expressed concern that it might cause friction in the guild when players can see who is and who is not helping out in gvg. Limiting it to just the leaders would at least reduce the risk of it causing friction with in the guild. I really don't care one way or the other whether it's just leaders or everyone in a guild who can access this information, but a proper well documented log is greatly needed.

@byeordie
"Members' name are added now (for any event listed in the event log) if you hover over it "

I don't find that to be the case. When i hover over defending army placement, and defense slots being unlocked all it gives me is the name of my guild. Same with the enemy army damaged event. The only events i see which indicate the players name are a siege being placed and a sector being conquered. However it's nice to see that they are finally working on this matter.

Still would very much appreciate it being in a log similar in appearance to the regular game event log. A column each for the players name, the action, the sector and the time. Trying to get an accurate picture of who is doing what when from the existing gvg events feature is extremely difficult.

Edit: Some of the enemy army damaged events list a players name, some only list our guilds name.

Edit 2: When i made the previous post there were about 6 events lists in gvg under the yellow star, now there are only 2. Not sure why that is but if events are deleted from the events 'log' after only 8 or 9 hours that is of limited usefulness.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Edit: Some of the enemy army damaged events list a players name, some only list our guilds name.

Edit 2: When i made the previous post there were about 6 events lists in gvg under the yellow star, now there are only 2. Not sure why that is but if events are deleted from the events 'log' after only 8 or 9 hours that is of limited usefulness.
Do any players leave and enter your guild? It may have something to do with that, or it could do with permissions (I only have trusted right and I can see who's been unlocking and placing defenses on most events).
On your second edit, I don't think it has to do with a timer, because I have 3 Daily calculation events on one of my provinces. Maybe it's after 8 or 9 new events (regardless of if it's a yellow, green or red event) happen, the old ones disappear?

DeletedUser96867

1)No players entered or left the guild during that time.
2)I have all rights.
3)Since my previous post we have sieged and defeated 2 npc sectors in HMA. Currently there is only 1 yellow event listed the last sector being conquered. There are no red events listed, and there are 18 green events listed(14 defending army damaged, 2 defending army destroyed, 1 sector conquered, 1 defense army placed) none of which goes back more than 1hr. I have no idea who placed the latest siege, the one before that i only know who placed it because it was me. Most of the events showing up now do list the players name(not all), however there are no place siege or unlock defense slots listed, the most important in my mind to be able to figure out who did what.

UPDATE: We were just attacked over the last couple hours(we think) and took about 20 hits of damage. Only one enemy event is listed for damaging our army, nothing about the other 19 attacks, or the siege being placed. In addition 4 players in our guild looking at the log at the same time are getting different information. 1 of the 4 of us can see the name of the enemy player who attacked us the other 3 of us can only see the name of the guild. Some of us can see the name of the player in our guild for each of our guild events, while others have the names showing up for only some of the events.

DeletedUser2989

Wow that's inconsistant, I've got Trusted in my guild and also can't see any names to any events. One of my guild leaders says he can see them, only back to 9 hours ago but he's over the moon that he can see the names. Are we sure it's not linked to the leader right?

Just wanted to add, with this names thing being added I'd say the original idea has been realised. Names and guilds responseable for what actions listed on the log. Appart from it being resticted to certain permissions and not going back a full 24 hours (which would be really helpful) that is.

I looked at the events page earlier (5 hours ago or so) and I was getting names poping up with the source part of the event info (none of my permissions had changed). Now only one event across 5 provinces has a name to it the rest are back to before. So once this is fixed and made more reliable the original idea will have been met.

DeletedUser1081

I see a series of defense armies being placed but there are no names (I have all the rights) and there surely should be.

DeletedUser2989

Just because I've edited my last post enough I'll add another. Now I'm seeing names attributed to events in the GvG event log and I'm much happier with how it works now. Hopefully this has happened for everyone by now.

After a few days I'm now noticing that it's still not working perfectly. Each time I log out and back in I run the risk of loosing the names attached to guild events. Still it seems to work more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.