• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: More cooperation

DeletedUser117873

I play FoE long enough for now, and I think it lacks cooperation. Me and my friends struggle with either coins or supplies, my inventory also often fills up with items they could use and i have no more use for them, so here's the idea I've got.
There could be a resource sharing between guildmates and people in your friendlist, however it cannot exceed higher amount than is suggest or needed for the era that the player is in. And as for items, it would be limited to age as well for example if one player is in colonial age and other one is in iron age, they cannot trade more than 10k (+-) coins or supplies, and they also cannot trade items that are not either decorations or special event buildings, or special items. Otherwise higher age structures would not be available to trade between those players.

DeletedUser113125

I play FoE long enough for now, and I think it lacks cooperation. Me and my friends struggle with either coins or supplies, my inventory also often fills up with items they could use and i have no more use for them, so here's the idea I've got.
There could be a resource sharing between guildmates and people in your friendlist, however it cannot exceed higher amount than is suggest or needed for the era that the player is in. And as for items, it would be limited to age as well for example if one player is in colonial age and other one is in iron age, they cannot trade more than 10k (+-) coins or supplies, and they also cannot trade items that are not either decorations or special event buildings, or special items. Otherwise higher age structures would not be available to trade between those players.
It is heart warming that you want to help your friends; having a good team to play with makes the game more enjoyable. Sadly your idea could be abused. Players already breaking rules with multiple accounts could trade between their cities. There could be cross world trading which is again against the rules and harder to spot than fp pushing. As you progress coins and supplies are less of an issue. It’s part of the game balancing resources and progression. Being in a good active guild and getting GBs that help with supplies and coins is a good idea. Also the Auction House will empty your inventory if you let it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
If everyone in the group has a lack of resources then sharing isn't going to fix that. My main concern is how would this resource sharing ensure everyone gets what they need without it being just a single player supporting everyone else? Or your highest age player being drained from resources they need if they're also short?

This idea is definitely on the do not suggest list so I'll be closing the thread shortly. If you have any further comments now's your chance to do so
Do Not Suggest List said:
Better trade ratios (things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding).
Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).

DeletedUser96901

my inventory also often fills up with items they could use and i have no more use for them, so here's the idea I've got.
I have a better idea
use the freakin' Antiques Dealer

that was implemented that you have use for such things

If everyone in the group has a lack of resources then sharing isn't going to fix that.
no but selling things to people would help

maybe in a feature called Antiques Dealer

DeletedUser117873

Wow I see how helpful this community wants to be toward other players. I would love to help out my friends but what does antique dealer have to anything with it? I often get structures or boosts they could use and I have no longer need for them. Boosts don't sell for much so it's worthless putting them on auction. But i think you are one of those players who love to plunder weaker ones for fun.

DeletedUser117873

I see, well it could be limited to IP or something. This feature would be available only to one account at the time, if someone would try to abuse it well it would be locked for him. Or it would backfire. Such as it would disappear in process.

Wow I see how helpful this community wants to be toward other players. I would love to help out my friends but what does antique dealer have to anything with it? I often get structures or boosts they could use and I have no longer need for them. Boosts don't sell for much so it's worthless putting them on auction. But i think you are one of those players who love to plunder weaker ones for fun.
This would make the game insanely easy, the best way to help your friends is to aid them daily and trade goods when needed

DeletedUser117873

This would make the game insanely easy, the best way to help your friends is to aid them daily and trade goods when needed
I know. I realized that. But I am also upset that one day city shield is so expensive and doesn't last long enough to make it's cost count.

Emberguard

Legend
Not all help is equal, I could offer coins and supplies but it won’t fix what caused the city deficit. Teaching them how to improve with what they have is of greater value then simply giving them supplies/coins. That’s assuming it’s in a city that I’d even be able to afford to trade those away from

Event buildings would be nice but it won’t teach them how to make a efficient city that’s self sustaining under any conditions

I know. I realized that. But I am also upset that one day city shield is so expensive and doesn't last long enough to make it's cost count.
I’d only ever go for the three day shield. The plunderers are also on a 24 hr cycle so the first day is more of capping the plunderer limit rather then preventing all plundering. The rest of the shield would be guaranteed safety

DeletedUser117873

Not all help is equal, I could offer coins and supplies but it won’t fix what caused the city deficit. Teaching them how to improve with what they have is of greater value then simply giving them supplies/coins. That’s assuming it’s in a city that I’d even be able to afford to trade those away from

Event buildings would be nice but it won’t teach them how to make a efficient city that’s self sustaining under any conditions

I’d only ever go for the three day shield. The plunderers are also on a 24 hr cycle so the first day is more of capping the plunderer limit rather then preventing all plundering. The rest of the shield would be guaranteed safety
Yea, event buildings would be nice, if it was easier to get them up fully. I am missing two levels from September cottage for one simple reason. I always get ingredients I don't need from everything, daily quests, accidents and even event goals. Thus it made impossible for me to even think about reaching it to goal 54. Plus making it competitive didn't help at all, for example yesterday I've hardly reached the rank after trainee (can't remember what it is anymore) And I've dropped down again and I'll drop down even further because I don't have any ingredient that the recipes currently require. This was happening for weeks before as well. Whenever I have reached this rank i dropped down immediately just because I had not enough stars which makes me furious.

For this event you have to try and spend the ingredients equally so that you don't run out of a particular one.

That won't help you now but try and remember for next year :)

DeletedUser117873

For this event you have to try and spend the ingredients equally so that you don't run out of a particular one.

That won't help you now but try and remember for next year :)
Yea, when the building will be worthless.

Emberguard

Legend
waiting later in the event before spending will allow you to plan better with which recipes to take. The closer to running out of ingredients the more important it is you take based on how close to the next grand prize you are (that’ll effect which recipes show) and what ingredients would go into which recipes

The better you get at picking recipes the better your results will be in getting the fall event prizes

DeletedUser96901

I would love to help out my friends
for me that would be pushing

giving him an advantage a normal player doesn't have

This feature would be available only to one account at the time
do I understand correct
you only want to help one friend ?

that does change?
actually it makes it worse

if a big player can push only one player that players gets an even bigger push than if he helps 10 players

and would be unfair to all other players who don't have an advanced friend who pushes them