• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

More balance issues with the game.

DeletedUser4800

I posted the previous thread about balance issues and focused mostly on the GB aspects, but now I'll write about few special buildings that seem VERY imbalanced to me.

First one is the shrine of knowledge. This little bugger at only 2x2 gives huge amount of gold and +1fp every 24 hour when motivated. To me the FP it gives for just a 2x2 building is too much, FP are the most valuable resource in the game and having 20+ shrines is a sure way to have an easy game.

Look I have over 20 shrines, but they are imbalanced, they are overpowered. I suggest all shrines give +2fp every 3 days. I mean the best balance would be to increase their size to 2x3 or 3x2, but that would be a pain in the ass and would require too much work on the design team, it would require removing all shrines from towns, it would be a mess.

So the best alternative balance correction would be to have them give out +2fp every 72 hours. I realise this is sort of a huge nerf, but it could be compensated by improving the gold it gives by 10% to 14% on every age.

Next up is watchfire, its just a 1x1 building that can be placed anywhere and it gives +4% defense, that is HUGE!

My suggestion is to keep the 4% defense bonus, since reducing it would lead to a ton of babies crying about it, but require a road for the building. If its not connected to a road, it won't give its benefit. This would make it a more strategic building, that requires some thought if you really want it in your city, rather than just always wanting it in the city. When it takes road space it would be a lot more strategic if you want that space to connect other buildings or the watchtowers.

Canvasary should be buffed to give more goods at higher levels. Its a rather large building that gives a low amount of gold, decent amount of medals all in all and a rather poor amount of goods, especially at the high ages.

After Contemporary era I think it would be fair to give out more goods. At Tomorrow age it gives 6 goods, Future era it gives 8 goods and arctic era it gives 10 goods. Right now the building is all but useless, so unless you have build it from before and don't want to delete it, it useless to put it in the city. If buffed to give out more goods at the highest era's it would be more worthwhile.

DeletedUser914

Shrine of knowledge exists for 2,5 years. watchfire even longer. Your post is a little bit late, isn´t it?

DeletedUser107476

Caravansary takes up 20 squares.
An oasis takes up 12 squares.
2 shrines of awe takes up 8 squares.

Meaning it is correct size for what it provides although coin output should be improved not the amount of goods.

DeletedUser110131

I disagree nearly completely.

A 1x1 building that requires road connection would be pretty much useless. It would be much better to reduce the boost, though I'm opposed to that, as well. I say that as a player being more often on the attack than the defensive. The defence boost of twenty five or thirty Watchfires, on top of other boosts, can be a formidable obstacle, but that's the point, isn't it? Watchfires are what makes it possible to make a city equal to the challenge of high level GE fights, which it's reasonable that should be possible.

The SoK is a great building, in part because it's easy to place; if you can place residentials, you can place SoKs. Its weakness is the need to be motivated; it can really eat into city happiness in the earlier ages. If they had to be nerfed, the better compensation for increasing the production time would be automatic upgrade. I don't think they need nerfing, though.

One reason why buildings become "useless" at higher ages is that they must then be compared to high level GBs. However, the relative strength of GBs is an essential feature of the game; they're supposed to be superior to other buildings. Changing that relation wouldn't be a balancing, but a re-balancing; it would be establishing a new point of balance. That may or may not be a good idea, but it would certainly be a major undertaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109475

If a daily 20fp from shrines is a game changer then I'm playing this game wrong. I do three daily swaps, each being more than 20 alongside guild fp swap threads and mud contributions. Maybe my fairly advanced CdM alongside a lower Cape give me a huge edge nobody else has considered? Truth be told they give 12 fp per day currently, not quite as much as my shrines but a smaller footprint overall and the tile efficiency will only grow with each level up to far exceed that of the shrines.

I since reducing it would lead to a ton of babies crying about it, .

LOL - you sound like the real cry baby here going on & on about this is too much & that is too much.

Why not just play the game and deal with it. Get more watchfires and get more shrines.

And when you get your GB's up in the higher levels, you'll be glad you have those FP's coming in.

DeletedUser110179

I suggest all shrines give +2fp every 3 days. I mean the best balance would be to increase their size to 2x3 or 3x2 ....
Partly, your idea has been implemented.
Sacred Sky Watch (unique GE reward) has the same function as SoK but with a 50% increase in footprint (ie 3x2).
I presently have two of these little suckers. ▲