• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Morbidejs` guides

DeletedUser96790

Hello players of Forge of Empires!

I have few years of experience in Forge of Empires under my belt, I decided to share my knowledge for new players to make their playing easier!

My guides will be posted in my Youtube channel as multiple series. Besides usefull information I`ll try to make you smile during the watching experience. :)

#1 How to run your game faster?
Few really basic tips for new players to make their game run faster. These tips will be useful for people with old PC`s like I. :)

#2 5 Methods on how to level up Great Buildings
Overview on 5 methods on how to level up your Great Buildings. As I`m a Great Budilding fan, have had chance to compare efficiency of different methods.

#3 Forge of Empires Fair Trade

Overview about Forge of Empires Fair Trade - ratios, rates, calculator and goods production.
Some useful Fair Trade charts can be found here.

#4 Forge of Empires Temple of Relics
Short video about Forge of Empires Temple of Relics - the new Great Building in the game. It`s boost works toward guild expeditions map and it`s called Relic Hunt.

#5 Forge of Empires 11 Blueprint Hunting Tips

This video is for all the fans of Forge of Empires Great buildings with 11 blueprint hunting tips. My girlfriend did the voiceover. :)

#6 10 Methods on How to Get Forge of Empires Diamonds

The video I put the most effort in so far. I`ve covered all possible methods, how to get Forge of Empires diamonds.

Forge of Empires Great Buildings
No Age
Observatory Temple of Relics

Forge of Empires Gameplay Videos

#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96790

New video is out! Overview on 5 methods on how to level up your Great Buildings. Click here to watch the video.

DeletedUser96790

It was really fun to make the new video about blueprint hunting. In this video you`ll find 11 tips on blueprint hunting. My girlfriend did the voiceover. I think she has a voice with character. Waht do you think? Should I ask her to do another video?

Vesiger

Monarch
I was expecting more analysis and recommendations, rather than just a list of all possible methods of obtaining blueprints - should one really spend diamonds on them? How useful is the Rainforest Project in practice? Are these methods ranked in order, in reverse order, or just in the order you thought of them?

DeletedUser96790

I was expecting more analysis and recommendations, rather than just a list of all possible methods of obtaining blueprints - should one really spend diamonds on them? How useful is the Rainforest Project in practice? Are these methods ranked in order, in reverse order, or just in the order you thought of them?

Thanks for a constructive feedback.

To answer your questions/remarks:
1) People usually are not interested in long videos with opinions (based on YouTube analytics), I have a video about methods how to level up GReat budildings with my personal opinion, but the retention is way below 50%. But I`ll keep in mind what you said. :)

2) No, as I said in the video, I`d rather use diamonds for expansions, because you`ll get blueprints anyway, but expansions help you to build more buildings, therefore you progress faster;

3) Rainforest project is very useful if you aid daily and you have many friends and guild mates. If you don`t aid and/or yodu don`t have many guild amtes and friends to aid, there`s no point of having Rain Forest project as it works only when polivating buildings.
I don`t have a Rainforest Project (missing 1 ), but I still get 1-6 BPs per day form aiding friends, neighbors and guild mates. With a high level Rainforest project I`d get 1-2 more blueprints per day.

4) The ranking is my personal opinion on the importance of these 11 tip, starting wit hless important tips and ending with the most efficient ways, how to get BPs.

It`s hard to get constructive opinions on the videos, till now I evaluated, how good my videos are, based on the audience retention. So I really appreciate your opinion. :)

DeletedUser96790

Hm... maybe talking about plundering and how to avoid it?

Oh, that`s a good topic! I think many players will be interested in ways, how to avoid plundering. Thanks for the suggestion! :) I have one video in production, but after that I`ll gather all the information to make a new video about, how to avoid plundering.
I will write it on a post-it note and stick in front of my PC desk, so I have a reminder all the time. :)

DeletedUser96790

I know it`s bean a really long time since my last Forge of Empires video, but I`m back! I`m planning to do 1-2 Forge of Empires gameplay videos per week. Yesterday recorded my 1st video, just few minutes ago uploaded it. I have been away from the game for 3 months, so my gameplay is a bit rusty - have to remember everything again and get used to the new features of the game. Also I have not made this type of videos in the past, so it was really akward, but hopefully I improve by each episode.

You can find the first episode here!

DeletedUser96790

Firstly I want to thank you for the support - those few comments/feedback really help! :)

2nd Forge of Empires gameplay episode is uploaded. I recorded it almost a week ago. Spent a little bit more effort on editting - cut out more parts of the video and added headings for each chapter in the video. Hopefully it will improve the watching experience! :)
In this episode I got a gift from the game - 800 diamonds! It has happened to me multiple times. I always use diamonds for expansions.
I also compare game to real life, play guild expeditions, talk about message threads in guild, taverns and other gamerelated stuff.

You can find 2n Forge of Empires Gameplay episode here!

DeletedUser96790

Finally, finally, finally! I finished making video about 10 methods how to get Forge of Empires diamonds! I think this was the video I put the most effort in. I really hope you will enjoy it! :)

DeletedUser96790

I think I might re-upload the last video as the sound is not loud enough on all devices. On my PC it sounds great, no problems, but after watching the video on my GF`s video, it turned out it can be barely heard on her PC although other videos sound normal. Anyone experiencing something similar?

UPDATE:
Ok, video is re-uploaded with enhanced audio!

DeletedUser

I can't say I remember ever receiving diamonds as a gift in nearly 4 years of playing sadly, though I know it does happen occasionally; but usually to encourage players who have become inactive to return to the game etc. Also, I've never ever seen diamonds given as a reward for reaching a new era. Could it be that you actually received diamonds as a reward for your invited friends reaching new eras? Otherwise, you seem to be extremely lucky :(

joesoap

Major-General
I'm disappointed that I have never been away from the game long enough to have got a free diamond gift from inno, but your video has it a bit wrong....they arent given to the players who log in every day as a thank you for playing & sticking around, in fact it's the opposite, they are given to players who don't play or stick around, but how ironic that the less you play the game the more inno think of you & value you enough to give you 800 diamonds

DeletedUser96790

I can't say I remember ever receiving diamonds as a gift in nearly 4 years of playing sadly, though I know it does happen occasionally; but usually to encourage players who have become inactive to return to the game etc. Also, I've never ever seen diamonds given as a reward for reaching a new era. Could it be that you actually received diamonds as a reward for your invited friends reaching new eras? Otherwise, you seem to be extremely lucky :(

To talk about diamonds as a gift - only once this happened to me when I was actually not playing for a long time, the other times I logged in everyday as usuall and with no particular reason received diamonds.
As I have only one invited player, and she is my sister, I`m well informed when she reaches new age/era, so I know when I receive diamonds form her progress. Bu the last time was when I reached progressive era few months ago. I did not pay attention to this (should have taken screenshots at least for proof and record), so I`m not sure, how many times this has happened to me. Maybe it`s because my progress in tech tree is really slow? I tend to use all my FPS for great buildings, I sit in same ages/eras for months usually.
I don`t make a big deal out of diamonds, it`s only a virtual thing, so maybe that`s why I`m so lucky. :D But I never really had problems with them. For the last week I got 100+ diamonds just by playing as usuall.

Great video however #5 is false! It's also possible to get diamonds from Seed Vault great building by aiding and from Arctic Harbor by sending crew members that has scavenge skill.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This is very frustrating I did not do my research properly. Very good criticism. As Youtube is disabling annotations soon, I won`t be able to add this information directly into the video, but I`ll add a comment and update description about this. Thank you!

I'm disappointed that I have never been away from the game long enough to have got a free diamond gift from inno, but your video has it a bit wrong....they arent given to the players who log in every day as a thank you for playing & sticking around, in fact it's the opposite, they are given to players who don't play or stick around, but how ironic that the less you play the game the more inno think of you & value you enough to give you 800 diamonds

You can read my answer to lady-lexis above, where I explain this is not the case. Yes, the last time I got 800 diamonds I was not playing for a really long time. For 3 months logged in once or twice.
When I received diamonds as a gift before, this happened when I was playing daily.