• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Monastery Era: Change Monastery's Era to "All Ages"

Do you support this idea?

• Yes.

• No.

• It hardly matters, but I wouldn't mind the change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser116654

Hi all,

My suggestion: Change Monastery's Age/Era from Early Middle Ages to All Ages.
Why?: The building is very similar to Watchfires and Ritual Flames, and both of those buildings are written as "All Ages". The issue is quite small, I agree, but I think it is a good change to have.

Abuse: The change will just be 'cosmetic', so I see no way that this could be abused.

Thanks for reading, and support the idea if you see nothing wrong with it!

Agent327

Overlord
Monastary you can only get one of. It it in no way similar to watchfires and ritual flames that you can get all through the game.

Why does every suggestion youi make has to come with a poll? You are like a kid that has figured out a new trick.

Only for that

DeletedUser

-1 it is an unique building not worth it’s space in the mean while yet a nice memory.
You can’t even take it in inventory.
Just for the trip down to memory lane I like it and as such you haven’t my positive vote.

DeletedUser116654

Monastary you can only get one of. It it in no way similar to watchfires and ritual flames that you can get all through the game.

Why does every suggestion youi make has to come with a poll? You are like a kid that has figured out a new trick.

Only for that

Poll is a good thing. If you don't like it, don't vote. You're a certified pessimist in my eyes so I don't ever expect anything good like +1 to come from you.
no it is not

the monastery is from the early middle age bonus questline
and for that reason it is early middle age
So what?? It's bonus doesn't change through the ages, so what's the point of it being from Early Middle Ages?

-1 it is an unique building not worth it’s space in the mean while yet a nice memory.
You can’t even take it in inventory.
Just for the trip down to memory lane I like it and as such you haven’t my positive vote.
I see no reason for -1 but okay.

Not sure why you want to change it.
Because it's bonus is the same throughout the ages, to me there is no logic of it being of the Early Middle Ages. It would be logical if Watchfires, Rogue Hideouts, and Ritual Flames also remained of the age you got them in.

DeletedUser

I thought I had a reasonable explanation for my -1 @Mightyaryan the fact you don’t like it is something else.
At least I took the time to clarify why I gave my -1 :(

DeletedUser114342

Poll is a good thing. If you don't like it, don't vote. You're a certified pessimist in my eyes so I don't ever expect anything good like +1 to come from you.

So what?? It's bonus doesn't change through the ages, so what's the point of it being from Early Middle Ages?

I see no reason for -1 but okay.

Because it's bonus is the same throughout the ages, to me there is no logic of it being of the Early Middle Ages. It would be logical if Watchfires, Rogue Hideouts, and Ritual Flames also remained of the age you got them in.

@Chalinna has already explained why it is EMA. Also, why change it if the defense bonus stays the same? To me it doesn’t make sense. So yeah, my vote remains-1.

DeletedUser96901

what is the point in giving a building that you get from the early middle age bonus questline all ages ?

does that makes sense to you ?

Because it's bonus is the same throughout the ages
funny point

tell me one building with an age that change its value

actually the bonus stays the same because the buildings stays always in the same era

Because it's bonus is the same throughout the ages, to me there is no logic of it being of the Early Middle Ages.
to me there there is no logic in giving a building which clearly is connected with an age "all ages"

btw:
if this idea would be implemented the next idea for the monastery would be
it has different eras so it should have different values :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I can’t appreciate the above classifications either but that’s your call.
Still I’ll try to treat all your proposals with respect and will judge them on their merits.

Edit: And you too Quintense
*eyeballing you

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
The only way I'd want it to be All Ages is if it increases the bonus it gives the further along the tech tree you go. Otherwise it makes no sense to give it a All Age status.

For Ritual Flames and Watch Towers All Ages means something. Aside from Wishing Well any All Ages building doesn't need a road. Even if this changes you can still get those buildings in any age whereas the monastery is only available in EMA

Agent327

Overlord

You're a fool.

Exceptionally within the 'Popular' popular subforum we use a system denoting how popular an idea is, based on the balance of +1s and -1s. The idea being that players will quickly and easily be able to identify how popular an idea is.

You're poll will achieve the opposite. Players just voting in the poll do not count.

If there was an achievement for comming up with the most useless ideas, you could put it in your profile by now.

DeletedUser116654

I thought I had a reasonable explanation for my -1 @Mightyaryan the fact you don’t like it is something else.
At least I took the time to clarify why I gave my -1 :(
Maybe it was your bad explanation, or it was just me not understanding your decent explanation.

Just for this -1 other than that I can’t care enough.
My mom shell be treated with respect one way or the other.
I don't understand these twisted statements, but whatever.
@Chalinna has already explained why it is EMA. Also, why change it if the defense bonus stays the same? To me it doesn’t make sense. So yeah, my vote remains-1.
Change it because the bonus remains the same. If the bonus is the same why should it have an age? For example: a SoK without any bonus gives 350 coins in Bronze Age, and 16530 in Virtual Future, so the age of the building changes the values.
A Watchfire acquired in Bronze Age gives + 4% defence boost, and the boost remains same even in Virtual Future, hence the age doesn't matter, so all ages.
what is the point in giving a building that you get from the early middle age bonus questline all ages ?

does that makes sense to you ?

funny point

tell me one building with an age that change its value

actually the bonus stays the same because the buildings stays always in the same era

to me there there is no logic in giving a building which clearly is connected with an age "all ages"

btw:
if this idea would be implemented the next idea for the monastery would be
it has different eras so it should have different values :rolleyes:
I explained myself in the previous point.
For all your current and upcoming ideas -1.
I have had it with you!
Okay. You don't even know me and you should first see what the other guy wrote before commenting.
I can’t appreciate the above classifications either but that’s your call.
Still I’ll try to treat all your proposals with respect and will judge them on their merits.
Thanks.
The only way I'd want it to be All Ages is if it increases the bonus it gives the further along the tech tree you go. Otherwise it makes no sense to give it a All Age status.

For Ritual Flames and Watch Towers All Ages means something. Aside from Wishing Well any All Ages building doesn't need a road. Even if this changes you can still get those buildings in any age whereas the monastery is only available in EMA
I am not sure if Wishing Well an all ages building. It clearly is stated as the age you are in when it is placed in your city ( when you hover over it). In the inventory it is stated as all ages.
You're a fool.

You're poll will achieve the opposite. Players just voting in the poll do not count.

If there was an achievement for comming up with the most useless ideas, you could put it in your profile by now.
I don't want to get in an argument with an internet random of your level.