• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Modern Era production chain question

DeletedUser111948

I'm currently at Progressive Era and I'm trying to plan for the future a bit - city layout and such, but I'm a bit confused about how production chain woks IN PRACTICE in the next era - I do understand that you process the lower era goods but I'm not sure how thous goods are supposed to be obtained - are you expected to build let's say a Paper Factory if you want to do Packaging (and have a boost for it)? What if I don't have boosts for Paper (Spruce wood)? Or am I supposed to build low level production for what I do have, trade it for what I need and THAN produce Packaging? Sound a bit complected... Or are you just supposed to relay on your GBs to produce lower era goods???
I would really appreciate some clarification :)

DeletedUser107476

You will get two boosts on the Continent Map in Modern Era. One will be for Bronze Age and one for Colonial Age goods.

The Bronze Age good is the boost for Modern Era Goods and the Colonial age good is for the actual producing of the Modern Era good. Basically the cost in coin and supplies will be less but if you want to make 20 of a Modern Era good you will need 20 of the right Colonial Era good. You can put in both Colonial and Modern Era Goods buildings or just Modern Era goods buildings and rely on Great Buildings.

Great Buildings that produce goods will double the amount they produce to compensate for this, so if you Great Building was producing 20 Progressive Era goods then it will produce 40 Colonial Goods in Modern Era. If you are low on a particular colonial good you can always trade. You will also have boosts for 3 goods buildings at this stage instead of 2 as before in lower eras.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111948

Thank you for the response! :) So basically it's up to luck? Since I get 3 boosts for ME and 3 boosts for Colonial in total at least one should intersect and give me a boost for raw goods I can produce? Am I understanding it right?

DeletedUser107476

Thank you for the response! :) So basically it's up to luck? Since I get 3 boosts for ME and 3 boosts for Colonial in total at least one should intersect and give me a boost for raw goods I can produce? Am I understanding it right?
You will have 3 boosted ME goods buildings, so you should get 2 of those with boost from Colonial Age. That is how it normally works out unless you are extremely unlucky. But with goods coming in from Great Buildings this normally does not matter that much as you should build up a stock of the colonial goods.

dimondus

Captain
To add my 5 cents... I'd advise not to rely on production chain in ME and above. Try to focus on leveling/building goods production GB's (LoA, St. Marks, Albert Hall, Babel, Dresden church). By Modern era I'd recommend having at least 4 out of 5 GB's with level 6 or higher.
When you accomplish that task the Colonial goods won't be a problem anymore because you'll produce MUCH more colonial goods than all 3 modern era buildings require. You'll just have to maintain equal proportion of colonial goods by trading the excess.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111948

Yes I figured this is going to be a good strategy - I'm leveling the GBs atm, before going any feather.
Although if I understand correctly event/guild expedition buildings that produce goods actually will produce proper ME goods, not "unrefined" ones? I was planing to stock up on as much of thous as I can to make the transition easier...

dimondus

Captain
Events/GE buildings produce refined goods BUT only that era they were initially built, e.g. Black tower built in ME will still produce ME goods even in Future unless you will use renovation/one up kit. GBs on the other hand will level up automatically, so in Tomorrow era all GBs will produce ME goods making unleveled special buildings that produce goods redundant.

DeletedUser111948

I need a lot of goods for guild expeditions atm - my guild does 4 maps every week and the last one is not something I even want to try doing with military, so I need current and previous era goods in large amounts. On a plus side 4 maps GE mean that renovation kits are not that big of an issue for me. That and in the future I may actually want some event buildings to remain an age behind to produce refined previous era goods - thous bound to be an issue eventually...