Modern era goods

Discussion in 'Odhrorvar' started by Universae -, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Universae -

Universae - Private

Whats up everyone!
    Im wondering if anyone can lend some advice.

Currently I am in the early Progressive era, so my next stop is the modern era and the new goods system.

My enquiry is about what goods buildings I build when i get there?
    Do I build the ones I have the deposit for, or do I build the ones that require a raw good i have the deposit for?

Or do I just build the goods buildings I have the raw goods and deposit for?

Many thanks!

2. SFM-ByeOrDie

SFM-ByeOrDie Senior Forum Moderator FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator

It matters on your trading partners and GBs. I personally would never want to build a good building I don't have a deposit for, regardless if I have the boost for the raw (unrefined) goods. Check the trade board and see which ME goods are most needed (ones you want to build), and most offered (ones you don't want to build). Now, note the buildings you have the boost that are needed. If you don't have the boost for both the unrefined good and that building, check to see if you can get the unrefined goods from the trading board before building too many of that goods building. If not, stick with the building you do have both boosts for, but you still may be able to gather the unrefined goods for the other building from your GBs that are now producing unrefined goods (you will need to do the math there).

3. IGM-markp27

IGM-markp27 Major FoE Team Ingame Moderator

Disagrees with ByeOrDie on this one. During this period, if you have reasonable GB's you will be stockpiling colonial goods on the way through and won't even need to build a colonial goods building, so not even worth checking. So build ME goods buildings based upon your Bronze Age boosts.

4. Cardena

Cardena Chief Warrant Officer

yes, with the right GBs high enough, you will get enough Colonial goods for producing modern goods
    (if you do not rush through modern era of course)

5. Steve Savage

Steve Savage Private

I recently reached Modern Era and thought this would be a problem but my GB's have the situation well in hand. I am even deleting my CA and PA Oasis, Fishing Huts and Caravansaries as they only give 5 goods a day and are not worth the space they take up. Make sure you have as many Goods Producing GB's as possible.
    Don't build GB's that only give a combination of population, gold, supplies, happiness .. Make sure they give other benefits worth the space to warrant construction.