• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Moderator suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Seekhunt, I appreciate you have a difficult task, one I would not enjoy. Please take the following in the right light.

First of all the nature of feedback in a beta game will invariably be negative - or I would prefer so say critical. Any such criticisms if written are done so for the benefit of the mods so they can improve the game. Ergo the negative comments are actually constructive criticisms. Judging by the comments there is a lot that needs to be done but players appear to be still willing to contribute their thoughts - so please accept them and encourage this feedback after all we should all benefit in the longterm from them.

Second point - the search engine when I have used it so far to find topics has yielded zero results. You may want to enter the word military or units and see what I mean. Therefore I do not search nor do I have the inclination to do so, I am not being paid to do so. This forums front page is the latest input and I read and comment on it and post threads.

Thirdly if we got feedback on our comments occasionally say once every few days then topics would move on. Example I have said in several places I would like to have control over unit movements in battle and have a counter that shows remaining moves before opponents turn etc. There has been no response to this so I will continue to spam this around until someone does reply.

Fourth it is a beta game that takes cash off you if you decide to go down that route. I have spent some money and feel that I have a certain right to as part of the process to hearing from mods, or see others comments being taken on board.

Fifth you close threads too quickly given the above comments which alienates those willling to contribute and ultimately those that will make or break the game. Right now alienation and interactivity should not be discouraged.

Please take the above as a constructive criticism and not another negative comment.

DeletedUser1081

+1
thanks Nehebkau - i've been thinking those same things lately.

DeletedUser

Hallo Nehebkau.

First of, thanks for your post. NOW every kind of talk, good or bad is welcome on the forum. No questions ask.
BUT the thing i would like from all of you is to have 1 single place for all this talk, instead of 10 topics with nearly the same talk. The talk nearly always wind up with being about the same. Thats actually why I my self, have created >this thread<
where all that kinds of talk could take place. Maybe "negative" is a strong word. But the most important thing about this thread is that the forum as a whole does not get filled up with "bad" talk.
I have seen and received letters from new players who was being scared away because of all this. Instead of they could make their own opinion.

2. Talking about the search engine, i am also talking about your self, and scrolling down on the forum threads to see if there should be a similar thread. And mostly there is actually 2 or more of the same kind, on the same page.

3. If no one answers your thread. i would not recommend continue to talk about it. If no one writes in the threads that is being posted. Well you might be the only one with the thought or meaning about said thread, and the talk should not be continued.

4. That you pays money to play, is your choice only. I am not the one to say that it gives you the right to... well anything really. But my point of view does not give you right to anything. Again i like every one and every post in here. But sometimes, we most close, move etc. the threads posted to keep a decent forum.
Paying player or none paying player. Everybody will get the same treatment.

5. Again about closing etc. I only close threads if there already is a talk going on that is similar, or if the talk in some way have gone off topic, or other reason that will need to close the thread.

Lastly again thanks for your post. I hope you can use my answers back :-)

DeletedUser

Thank you seekhunt I think our points have been made effectively

DeletedUser

Nehebkau,

I understand your concerns, and i myself have those. But, this is very early stage for the game's development so being strict is vital and you ought to know how many crisis the mods undergo...

Arul.

DeletedUser

Well thank you both. And yes we do have a lot going on.
But please know that all of us mods, look at the post before we do anything, and always try to help / guide the best we can :-)

DeletedUser812

Suggestion. Could you when you close a thread due to there being a thread with a similar topic, could you maybe post a link to said thread. Also maybe try with a little less arrogance would be nice.

DeletedUser812

And remember if there was no one making mistakes on the forums you wouldnt have a job.

DeletedUser1081

Suggestion. Could you when you close a thread due to there being a thread with a similar topic, could you maybe post a link to said thread.

that would be very helpful indeed - please and thank you!

DeletedUser

Merging similar threads is the key to a proper and clean forum, along with providing them with a meaningful title. Dozens of locked threads shed a negative light on the operators. Of course this is a lot more work than posting "No talk about this, we have other threads. Closed." But IMHO worth it.

And I hope I misunderstood this statement:
4. That you pays money to play, is your choice only. I am not the one to say that it gives you the right to... well anything really. But my point of view does not give you right to anything...........
Are you saying paying customers don't have any rights? I hope not, please clarify ;-)

DeletedUser

Leave him alone. You won't get anywhere anyway..He's obviously insecure and being a "moderator" makes him feel important. :)

DeletedUser

Merging similar threads is the key to a proper and clean forum, along with providing them with a meaningful title. Dozens of locked threads shed a negative light on the operators. Of course this is a lot more work than posting "No talk about this, we have other threads. Closed." But IMHO worth it.

And I hope I misunderstood this statement:

Are you saying paying customers don't have any rights? I hope not, please clarify ;-)

Haha of cause not. i mean that paying players have the same rights / will get treated the same, as none paying players :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.