• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mobile Video Ads Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzzzzzz...

Private
I just had the dubious pleasure of scrolling through recurring quests while an ad quest was on. It goes like this:
* Open quest window
* See 4 quests (3 recurring plus ad)
* Abort one recurring quest
* Result: See 3 quests (2 recurring plus ad)
* Close quest window
* Open quest window
* Rinse and repeat until you find the quest you want

Do you actually want people to play this, or are you done with FoE and just wait until the last player has left?

Malynn

Corporal
As I said in my original reply. Ads need to work properly - not freeze, not cause the game to freeze/crash not cause players to have to reboot the game. If they don’t work properly players are going to get annoyed and frustrated and stop playing. I’ve seen many Games where ads freeze and cause the game to freeze/crash resulting in frustrated players.

It seems some players are already experiencing such problems judging from replies above!

Zugz

Private
I’m good with funding Inno and its staff with paying to play, revenue must be made or no game. How much to become add free on mobile? I’m pretty sure that FoE is not real but having adverts makes it a bit obvious. Don’t watch any TV channels with adverts......

I just had the dubious pleasure of scrolling through recurring quests while an ad quest was on. It goes like this:
* Open quest window
* See 4 quests (3 recurring plus ad)
* Abort one recurring quest
* Result: See 3 quests (2 recurring plus ad)
* Close quest window
* Open quest window
* Rinse and repeat until you find the quest you want

Do you actually want people to play this, or are you done with FoE and just wait until the last player has left?
Aborting recurring quests is bugged and has been for a while.
Sometimes it stops when you abort a row of RQ's. You click "abort", but it doesn't move on to the next quest. To get it moving again, you have to leave the quest window and refresh it by "doing something else" (go to GE, GBG or whatever - or maybe even restart the game)
Not sure if this bug has been forwarded, but it's been reported a couple of times now.
As it's been assumed in other posts, maybe this bug is related to all the other bugs recently, where you are not abe to move on to the next step in a line of actions (production/military carousels, message centre pages etc).
All these (related?) bugs started around the time when the A/B test on Aid All etc was launched. Not fixed yet apparently.
If all these bugs are somehow related to Aid All, video ads etc, it seems a little rushed to release the new features to all players without fixing the bugs first.

Last edited:

RikF

Private
Clearly, Inno has to get its funding somewhere and advertising is one way of doing that. However, it is also the most irritating option for many users. There are ways that Inno can do this in a more player friendly way. The original notice mentions that “players that have purchased regular in-game items” will not see ads. Brilliant, I thought, I’ll buy some diamonds and the ads will go away. Sadly that wasn’t the case and it seems that the crucial word in the above quote is “regular”, which is maybe deliberately vague. I contacted support who advised that I had not reached the purchase “threshold”. However, they are currently unable/unwilling to reveal what the threshold is. What is Inno scared of?
I’m happy to pay a reasonable fee for an ad-free experience, but we need to know what that fee is!
Until Inno are willing to give us that, I suggest that a Dismiss option is required so that we can get rid of these annoyances without having to pointlessly watch the ads.

First of all I would like to thank the community manager for the excellent explanation that was sadly lacking when the initial A/b tests started on the live servers; after reading some of the more negative feedback I decided to play for an hour this morning on my mobile app.
My first task was to see if i could play ad free and was surprised that simply by not using the new aid all feature I could do all aids manually just like before and I did not see any incident chests that i had to click on.
Tbh i didn't find the ads too annoying but they were easy to avoid.
A couple of comments about its functionality, You need to watch the complete video and make sure you quit it before aid all even starts.
This might be improved so that aid all functions in the background for as long as the video is played. If you then quit the video early then aid all could stop at the same time.
Overall any negative effect of watching ads are rewarded by the new excellent aid all feature which saves 1000's of clicks, if you don't like ads you can still do it manually so I don't see what the problem is. Good job Inno.. :)

Back when the mobile app was brand new, Inno pestered mobile players with a video ad + small reward option after log in. It didn't last long. The feature was ditched after a short time.
Now mobile players get even more - a lot more - of the same annoying feature that was cancelled and trown in the dumpster a few years ago.

Last edited:
One of the attractive things about this game is that it has been ad-free for 10 years now. Wish it would stay that way.
It still is if you don't want aid all, tavern bonus or don't click on the incident chests.
Mind you I suspect a lot will. :rolleyes: for me its a fair trade off but you don't need to see any ads "ad free" even now!

It still is if you don't want aid all, tavern bonus or don't click on the incident chests.
Mind you I suspect a lot will. :rolleyes: for me its a fair trade off but you don't need to see any ads "ad free" even now!
Sure, you don't have to watch the ads. But it's not an ad-free environment. The visibility of the ad buttons litters the playing field and encourages you to tab on them. They distract your focus on the game.
Well, I play on bowser only, so I'm not affected by it, luckily. If they bring it to browser, I would probably NOT watch the videos. Actually, I think my ad-blocker plugin might make them malfunction.

Last edited:

BaaadDaaad

Private
If you continue to shove these ads down our throats on mobile I quit playing, simple as that. It used to be fun and now just fking annoying to play the game. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Just stop it.
Possible compromise - make the interaction with any ad no more than 5 seconds and no more than 2 clicks - one to start and one to collect.

Queen Cebula

Private
I have no issue with the introduction of ads but some things I’m not very happy with. I have clicked the watch ad by mistake a couple of times when trying to reach my Tavern room in the Tavern. My main aim for going in there is emptying my tavern and its kinda annoying to get to a boost page first (ad boosts or other boost page doesnt matter).

I have tried the aid all button but that just ain’t worth it yet. I still have to go through all my friends to sit in their taverns and get the chance of fps. If that would be fixed I think I would use that one every day.

The incidents are annoying. I always clear my incidents cause I dont like to see them and if I don’t want to watch ads I have to let them be and just stand there annoyingly staring at me… :) Maybe just those could be optional to even see.

What's the point on browser with the "Activate" button in the Tavern Boost window, when all the boosts get activated when you click on the tavern? It's just a greyed out, unclickable button.

tavernboost.JPG

The whole Tavern Boost tab seems a little silly on browser. No actions available. Just an overview of the active boosts and a 4h countdown to the next time you can activate the boosts - by simply visiting the tavern.

Well, - in general for browser players with this update, - nice with free boosts and rewards and easy aiding that mobile players need to watch videos to get.
Did someone say "unfair"?

Last edited:
What's the point on browser with the "Activate" button in the Tavern Boost window, when all the boosts get activated when you click on the tavern? It's just a greyed out, unclickable button.
Ah, I think I get what the "Activate" button is there for.
If you are visiting the tavern when the boost time runs out, the button highlights, and you have the option to click on it. Great. Much needed. Or not. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Yes that's true but it's still annoying to have the tavern open with what seems to be tavern boost all the time.
More and more, starting to feel like this new 'tavern boost' is the new pier. Pretty, but basically useless - and if there was a chance to send feedback for its removal, I would definitely agree. As it is, the tavern boost feels more like an irritant than a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.