• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Mobile Chat Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Galechade

Corporal
Nice to see Inno actually making some of the PC player perks available for mobile players. However, please lose the emojis. They take up too much space on the thread and spread the posts out too far. PC users do not have that capability, so mobile users should not as well. Next point.... why are my posts (pc user) limited to a whole lot smaller post than what I am seeing done by mobile users even without their emojis?

Knight of ICE

I’m using the new chat feature on iPad (2019 with latest iOS) for the first time and Guild-chat has me chatting with guild members from a different guild to my own. Surely this isn’t correct?

It's a known bug. They are working on it.

Nice to see Inno actually making some of the PC player perks available for mobile players. However, please lose the emojis. They take up too much space on the thread and spread the posts out too far. PC users do not have that capability, so mobile users should not as well.

PC users can also put in emojis.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Should def add a scaling option then for the chat, or the ability for mobile users to hide it if its that obtrusive. Not entirely sure how you can play with 1/3 of your screen for actual combat with the rest covered by chat

Forwandert

Major-General
Sometimes when I log in the chat button is to the right of the messages button and sometimes to the left. Not sure why it's set like that but ideally it would be to the right permanently.

20201001_133316.jpg
20201001_133332.jpg

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm not clear how this is any more 'instant' than the existing message system; it looks remarkably similar to the normal guild chat thread.

*Negan*

Private
This is getting to the point of real annoyance now!
GET RID OF THE CRAP CHAT TAB
Everytime you think you have a message, NOPE its the chat crap tab !!!!!!!
No thought has gone into this.... it should be left for pc players, No good on cell phones or ipad ...........

joesoap

Major-General
This is getting to the point of real annoyance now!
GET RID OF THE CRAP CHAT TAB
Everytime you think you have a message, NOPE its the chat crap tab !!!!!!!
No thought has gone into this.... it should be left for pc players, No good on cell phones or ipad ...........
this is the reason players shouldnt keep asking for things, inno will eventually give them what they want BUT give it in the most annoying way ever
chat works perfectly well on the pc but app players wanted it too & are now complaining when they get it
the guild forum works perfectly well on the pc but app players want it too & as thats not possible pc players will possibly lose it or at least have it altered in a way that likely renders it pretty useless

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
We tried to use the guild chat for battleground but it’s not fit for purpose. Seems like it was thrown in with little or no thought at all
- takes 2/3 of the screen
- no indicator for new messages
- can’t interact with the map while it’s showing
- defaults to global chat every time

It’s a decent idea but very poorly implemented, so it’s useless and may as well be removed in the current state

Galechade

Corporal
PC users can also put in emojis.
[/QUOTE]
Really, using a PC? How? And a semi colon or colon with half a parenthesis is not an emoji. ;)<---- this is an emoji :P

Riven

Private
Hi, is it possible to make mobile chats to stay on the tab we last used when we close and open it afterwards. It always returns to Global after closing.

It's a annoying to have to tab guild chat every time. Especially during battles.

Thanks.

After the increased chat activity from app user, I receive friends request from Bronze and Iron players almost every day. Sigh. Rejecting most of them. Maybe I should just stop using global chat.

dimondus

Captain
why nobody mention that messages in chat does NOT have a date next to it? Pretty sure that functionality was in ICQ chat 20 years ago!