• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Mkeen90 Ideas ;)

DeletedUser101214

Hey all am sure alot will agree with me but coins is a pretty scarce thing, yes we collect from houses and various GB's but why not do a new building a BANK i mean how awesome would it be if we could us the BANK the same way we make supplies..... So we use our supplies to craft coins.......... And it could upgrade as the Age goes up.......... i think this is a great idea so lets see if we can get gamers backing this idea :) Lets have a BANK :)

DeletedUser101214

And also for the GB as am pretty sure i could build a few of my GB twice why cant we trade in a fullset of BP for the equivalent in goods required to build it, its just as much effort gathering BP aswell as getting the goods :)

DeletedUser8813

Hey all am sure alot will agree with me but coins is a pretty scarce thing, yes we collect from houses and various GB's but why not do a new building a BANK i mean how awesome would it be if we could us the BANK the same way we make supplies..... So we use our supplies to craft coins.......... And it could upgrade as the Age goes up.......... i think this is a great idea so lets see if we can get gamers backing this idea :) Lets have a BANK :)

coins are only really in short supply early in the game..as you grow so does the coin output..soon you will have more coins than you can use..so be patient it will all come in time

DeletedUser

This idea would also count as making the game easier, therefore highly unlikely not to be considered.

DeletedUser101214

Ahh ok see were your coming from :) thanks for getting back to me :)

DeletedUser101214

Hey star thanks for letting me know, will remember for next time. x

DeletedUser

Hi.

Been a few times we see ideas to make the game easier e.g expansions , bank etc.

I'm not against the idea , however I do believe the use of a bank that produces coins would become redundant after a certain point of advancement in the game.

To receive coins, we already have many different options available in the game:

- Houses (with the possibility to pick short , medium, long cycles to optimise our gain depending on our gaming patterns)
- Possibility to be motivated, which doubles the production
- Increased production when the population is enthusiastic (120%)
- Coin rewards in the world map
- Coin production rewards in GB (Aachen, St Basil, Fontenac,Space Needle)
- Coin boosts % in GB (St Marks)
- Quest rewards and Special Events Quest Rewards
- Special Buildings (Wishing Well, Queen/King)
- Possibility to plunder neighbours (including their King/Queen which can account for a sizeable source of income)
- Edit : (Also the possibility to get premium buildings that produce higher levels of coins for their corresponding ages. I hesitated before putting this as not everyone wants to use diamonds but equally you can get some in quests so let's throw them in the mix )

To me it sounds like it's already a lot !

Now I do understand the frustration for low age players who will fall short of coins on a regular basis and will struggle to update their town in mass due to shortage of either coins or supplies (or both) But the reason why I believe this would become redundant is that at some point in the game, if the person has done reasonably well (not even amazingly well) then the coin reserves become so massively huge (I'm talking about many people having millions of coins...) that in the end, an extra building to produce coins wouldn't be a good value for high players who are in cruel need of space... a building taking space that produces things that we would have in tons? Erm. Not sure. But I do see where you're coming from with the shortage.

On a lighter note though, I believe FoE is a game that mixes strategy, war, city planning, team spirit all together. To my eyes it's a game that takes time and calculations, with a little bit of brain injected into it we can come to the right balance of everything and I think this is also one of the interests of the game and something that makes it worth playing. If it was all too simple then we would probably get bored, (remember before the launch of the modern era, how bored the people stuck at the end of PA were feeling? Bored with only the PvP to really fight for - and not even always) and being able to planify resources (coins, supplies, units) while focusing on war and city planning, all together to fight the right balance is in my opinion, the bottomline of the game.

So I personally do not adhere to this idea but I still respect that it can be voiced.
I can only dare to say : Long live strategy games ! :o :o

Last edited by a moderator: