• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Military unit and battle issues with 1.86

Amy Steele

General
Following the update to 1.86, we are unfortunately experiencing several issues with military units and battles. We will list them here, together with any possible workarounds of which we are aware. We will also use this thread to keep you updated on the issues and possible workarounds.

1. Can't collect units
There are some instances where a unit which has been trained and is ready to collect where players are unable to do so. They are receiving an internal error.

Workaround: None found so far

2. Internal error 'loop' while in battle
It is possible to get stuck in a loop when in battle, where you can neither continue the battle nor retreat - either option leads to an internal error and reload.

Workaround (browser): Open chat during the battle, and visit another player's city from within the chat. This will get you out of the loop, but the battle will still be in progress, so there will be some actions you cannot perform, such as polishing/motivating other players. This workaround also does not work for some players.

Workaround (app) :
1 Perform a 'hard reset'
2 If after pressing continue battle, you can very quickly press auto battle, the battle will complete normally

3. Diamonds resurrection issues
There are some cases where it is not possible to heal units with Diamonds. In other instances units that have been healed with Diamonds then turn into a different unit. This is mostly (but not exclusively) happening between the 1st and 2nd wave in 2 wave battles.

Workaround: None so far, but if you experience issues with resurrecting units using Diamonds, please contact support and we will replace the unit you lost, whether that was due to inability to heal or it being transformed to a different unit in the process.

4. App only - Unable to remove injured troops
Some app users have been unable to remove an injured unit and replace with a fresh one. This seems only to be happening with the 8th unit

Workaround: None found so far

5. Only injured units are shown in army pool - added 2016-12-10 - FIXED
For at least some players, where they have more than 20 injured units of any type, no healthy units of that type will be shown in army pool

Workaround:
1. It may be possible to gain access to your healthy units by toggling the age and type filters.
2. Also it may be that by exiting army setup and re-entering, a different selection of units, including healthy ones, will be shown

You can help us to help you by letting us know in this thread if you experience these issues in any circumstances other than described above (eg on browser for an app only issue) or if you find an additional workaround.

Our apologies for these issues, which we are working very hard to resolve.

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser5180

will diamonds be refunded where used to heal troops and the healing did not take place?

DeletedUser97688

I'm starting to doubt that champions' boosts are actually working too...

DeletedUser109268

huge super long loop in a second fight in GE... I could not continue the fight and I had to give up the attempt...

PromethiusTM

Corporal
If you healed your unit and it dissapears the mods will replace the unit but not the Diamonds as its been Healed.

Eden7c

Private
I also cannot seem to heal a unit (Champion from Tomorrow) when I try (one bar only 4 diamonds needed) the game hangs after the diamond deduction.

Work around is exit the browser, coming back your unit is still not healed but the diamonds are back.

Amy Steele

General
If you healed your unit and it dissapears the mods will replace the unit but not the Diamonds as its been Healed.

PromethiusTM is correct - we will replace the unit that was lost through not being healed, or indeed by transforming to another unit.

Added the above info to the initial post above :)

DeletedUser16166

Tickets raised due to Bug Reports 1 and 3 above but on PC (not on App). In addition, I have experienced the loss of goods from inventory: first level moderator checked records which showed trades out of my account that I have not made (not showing on my event history by way of proof). Bug Report 1 means that one of my barracks has been out of use for three days because no work-around or fix can be found.

Amy Steele

General
Additional workaround for issue 2 (Internal error 'loop' while in battle)
If after pressing continue battle, you can very quickly press auto battle, the battle will complete normally

*This is only known to work on app (Android) so far - if it works for you on browser or other platform, please do let us know :)

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm still experiencing issue 4 with an uninjured unit that isn't in the final slot - I've got a sniper that just won't go. Removed for me by support yesterday, then when I tried to use snipers again later this one got stuck in my army again...

DeletedUser109268

Additional workaround for issue 2 (Internal error 'loop' while in battle)
If after pressing continue battle, you can very quickly press auto battle, the battle will complete normally

*This is only known to work on app (Android) so far - if it works for you on browser or other platform, please do let us know :)
But why should I use autobattle?

I prefer fighting manual.. so that workaround wouldn't be applicable..

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm still experiencing issue 4 with an uninjured unit that isn't in the final slot - I've got a sniper that just won't go. Removed for me by support yesterday, then when I tried to use snipers again later this one got stuck in my army again...
It does make the guild expedition rather more difficult when I've got a unit that has to take part in every battle whether appropriate to the opposition or not, and have to wait between every battle for it to heal without being able to swap it for an uninjured one...

Vesiger

Monarch
It does make the guild expedition rather more difficult when I've got a unit that has to take part in every battle whether appropriate to the opposition or not, and have to wait between every battle for it to heal without being able to swap it for an uninjured one...
I'm also beginning to suspect the unit is unkillable; it keeps getting left with just one point of life at the end of a battle. That might not be so bad! ;)

DeletedUser106696

How come we are seeing this on the live servers????
These unfinisheable battles were causing huge issues on Beta, where it took the techies ages to fix them.

DeletedUser108841

How come we are seeing this on the live servers????
These unfinisheable battles were causing huge issues on Beta, where it took the techies ages to fix them.

Astonishing! Agreed, these errors should never have made it to the live servers. As for having to find out from a forum page that these issues are known, incredible!

I currently have a Rogue that is unable to be collected from a Hideout and have also had numerous other strange errors including units turning into completely different units including different age units, Rogues starting second wave battles as other units, units disappearing and myriad other issues.

When will Inno be sending an in-game message to alert people to all these problems and to save them from wasting their valuable resources trying to fix something that is a game-fault?

DeletedUser108179

I try to collect any unit build, get "Internal Error".
I go GE, start battle window, click "Attack", get "Internal Error".
Earlier today it was still working, so this becomes worse.
Why not return back to 1.85, fix all what doesn't work, and THEN update to 1.86 ??

DeletedUser109658

My Ordnance Factory is now unstuck. Looks like this particular bug has been squashed, at least.