• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Military Questions

DeletedUser6965

That's right, there's not an equal chance for each variable of damage in the damage range.
ie: 0-2 ≠ 33% for 0, 33% for 1 and 33% 2. It's probably something like 60% for 0, 35% for 1, 5% for 2. (purely speculating + depending on what you face)
Standing on a Field Bonus, this might shift the % up a bit, if I understand Anwar's response.

- L

uhm... so the display "0-1" is useless, because it's e.g. in 90% 0 damage? Can't believe it, because all experinces I had were like my example : "0-2" damage -> 50%for 1 and 25% for 0 or 2 damage. But u can't see it clearly which procent...

So it's still statement against statement and all in all you say, that we can't figure it out exactly...
If this is true.. okay. But we can't check, if it's true,becuase you say we can't figure it out...
--> it's draw.
I can say whatever I want, i can't prove that ur not right :D

DeletedUser653

One final note: If your unit get's an attack bonus from terrain but the damage range doesn't increase, it will still have a higher average within that range.

Anwar

I suspect this quote explains that its not black and white and you will have 75% or even 90% chances of a score depending on defense and attack numbers. so you could get a 90% chance of damage with a rating of 0-2 and most of the time get 2, but sometimes get 1 and even rarely get 0.

DeletedUser6965

As King Dael said, and I said in the other thread where you respond to this exact quote too.. it's 10 times, not 10 more.
An archer will always deal 0-1 damage to a Grenadier, because it takes 110 defense to take absolutely 0 damage from an Archer.

Keep in mind that damage output has a range and as Anwar said, this range doesn't necessarily have to be increased by a Field Bonus. The bonus can also simply increase the avarage within the displayed range.

- L

!! I thought about it, i overlooked something !!
I said:
-A grenadier (attack 28) is not able to kill a stone thrower (def 2) -> damage "9-9".
And u said:
it's 10 times, not 10 more.

So? I think att 28 is more than 10times more then def 2 !?! So here it should be 10damage.

BUT
I fought with muskets(attack:35) against Slingers(def:3). Here is the damage "9-10" =) =) and it's definitly not a 50:50 chance... so in most cases u are right Lodroth ;) Thanks for beeing friendly :)

Only the stone thrower-thing seems not correct.. i will test it again... =/

DeletedUser3157

so u want to say, if there is written "0-1"damage, then it's not a 50:50chance?? hm, that would be against all my experiences and i don't think that's right...

Think of all the fights when you have had 2-5 or 3-5 estimate damage hits. Now think how many times did your unit actually did do 5 damage, it is very rare to do 5 damage when hitting with a much weaker troop like that. Take ballista vs spearman for example. Estimate is 3-5, but you usually do 4 or 3 damage. Odds of doing 5 are only about 5% in that example.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6965

Think of all the fights when you have had 2-5 or 3-5 estimate damage hits. Now think how many times did your unit actually did do 5 damage, it is very rare to do 5 damage when hitting with a much weaker troop like that. Take ballista vs spearman for example. Estimate is 3-5, but odds of doing 5 damage are only about 5%.
That's not correct ^^ (but u can't say it "clearly" because it's procent...) My experiences were with a ballista and 3-5Damage as i said before: 25% 3 damage, 50% 4 damage , 25% 5 damage ;)

But as I said before ur post: with musket against slinger it's "9-10" and my experince is, that this is not 50:50 ^^

DeletedUser3157

Your experiences were a little different than mine then. I fought with ballistas quite a lot, I'd estimate more than 1000 battles and about half of them back then were against broze age armies which very often had spearmen units. And seeing ballista do 5 damage to spearman was something that almost never happened. It was so rare that by when Anwar said odds of that happening are 5%, I was suprised that those odds were so big, I thought they were even smaller.

DeletedUser6965

Your experiences were a little different than mine then. I fought with ballistas quite a lot, I'd estimate more than 1000 battles and about half of them back then were against broze age armies which very often had spearmen units. And seeing ballista do 5 damage to spearman was something that almost never happened. It was so rare that by when Anwar said odds of that happening are 5%, I was suprised that those odds were so big, I thought they were even smaller.

hm, could be, could not be.. because of procent u can't say it clearly with testing =/ I fought about 1000 fights with 8 ballistas, too...

Anyway it is like u all said ;) it's not a fixed odd, like I thought before ;)

DeletedUser653

Are you guys serious, "about 1000 fights with ballistas" and 500 with ballistas !!

I can honestly say I probably have only had 2-300 fights with them or even against them over the whole time here, including in PVP today, so i guess there were only 100-200 battles max while in those ages.

DeletedUser6965

Lodroth?
Now I tested the spearfighter against grenadier and it's, as I said, 0-0 damage and not 0-1 ;)

Conclusion as I said before:
A spearfighter(att7) is not able to deal damage to a grenadier(def40), that's not 10times greater.
So "10" is not the right number...
But grenadier has Def 50-60. So the number could be like ~7 , not 10.

As I pointed out, it's not always this scheme, see here:
-A grenadier (attack 28) is not able to kill a stone thrower (def 2) -> damage "9-9".
But I also found out:
I fought with muskets(attack:35) against Slingers(def:3). Here is the damage "9-10"
So here could be the right number for 10 damage sth. like... ~11 or 12

---> If Anwars statement says the way it should be, than I pointed out, that it's not as it should be.
That's everything I said all the time :D
But I learned, that there is a different odd to get 0 or 1 damage when it's "0-1" :)

PS:"Are you guys serious, "about 1000 fights with ballistas" and 500 with ballistas !!"
If u play on 3-4 servers, then it's normal ^^

PPS: Even a Soldier (ATT 9) makes 0-0 damage...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7359

is there also a table letting you know the defence/attack scores for the military units?

for example, i just built a new barracks for new units, only to discover, once i had recruited the first one, that they weren't want i wanted at all!

i would have liked to have known this before i went to that expense!

any info you could point me?

DeletedUser7359

thank you, done that. will post reply if it answers my question

DeletedUser7359

The answer is... No, you can't.
as follows:-

"Thank you for contacting us :)

I'm afraid there is no way ingame to find the statistics of units before building them at the moment.

However, you could head over to the general forums, and check out the guides sections. There is a lot of information available there about these units!

Hope that'll help you :)

Sincerely,
Pendragon
senior moderator"

DeletedUser

Another question. I have a substantial Colonial Age army ready to go. Another player attacked me and I olny defended with 2 spearfighters. I don't even have any spearfighters!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I tried to get revenge, the player defended with cannons and bowmen. Why does HIS army defend, and mine not?????
This seems unfair, to say the least!!!!!

DeletedUser

50north,

since my answer in the ticket is here anyway now, I better give you the link to a good guide as well:
click here ;)

tuff,

the default defending army for your village is two spearfighters. However, you can move units to your defending yourself (click on the button with the helmet at the bottom left of your screen :)

DeletedUser

That's true forem, and a great idea to check there.

But there's no information about them in the research tree, or in your building menu :)