• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Military GB and one shot kills

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

With a +15% attack GB modifier and expected damage of 9-9, can we now expect to get a one shot kill or will the max damage still be limited to nine per shot? The same applies for 25% attack modifier with exp damage of 8-9, and so on. I am still early LMA so I dont know if at some point there is a possibility of a "natural" one shot kill, but I have never seen a one shot kill opportunity in my experience against units at full strength.

DeletedUser3157

Max damage has never been limited to 9, the odds of making a 10 damage hit have just been low. Most CA units can do 1 shot kills on BA ranged units and other lower long-ranges without any GPs. Even some LMA units can, actually(longbowman on rocks usually kills stonethrower with just 1 shot for example). In theory even crossbowman on rocks should be able to do it to stonethrower(or be very close to it), if you are in HMA and have crossbows, you can test it out urself.

Anyways I use CA melee against monted archer and heavy lower age long-range combos so I see 1 shot kills quite often on enemy catapults/ballistas/stonethrowers if they got any.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When a unit's attack value is ten times the defender's defence then they can do a one-shot kill.

For example: A grenadier's attack is 28 and a stonethrower's defence is 2 so is more than likely to do a one-shot kill.

DeletedUser3157

When a unit's attack value is ten times the defender's defence then they can do a one-shot kill.

For example: A grenadier's attack is 28 and a stonethrower's defence is 2 so is more than likely to do a one-shot kill.

This is generally correct. Only it seems to be less, about 7-8x difference needed for both possibility at 10 shot or guaranteed 0 shot. And stone-thrower will have 4 defense against grenedier due to unit type bonus against heavy melee.

DeletedUser

And stone-thrower will have 4 defense against grenedier due to unit type bonus against heavy melee.

My bad... missed that bit on the stat block... How about this then:

For example: a Ranger's attack is 35 and a stone-thrower's defence is 2 (17.5 times lower) and is likely to do a one-shot kill.
Whereas, a Grenadier's attack is 28 and a stone-thrower's defence is 4 (7 times lower) so will probably do 9-10 damage.

DeletedUser10283

I'm on LMA and have a great building on level 6 (+30% attack bonus).
I was surpriced by a one shot kill on a canon with trebuchet, But now it's on regular base that i got this one hit kill on canon.
It never happens on other units , even a stone trower got max 8 points damage.
I think it's a little pity and out off balance ,So i skipp building canon.

DeletedUser3157

trebuchet killed cannon with just 1 shot? trebuchet with 30% bonus is just as strong as cannon, so this sounds like a bug if true, 13 attack should never kill 4 defense with 1 shot from all I've seen and heard.

DeletedUser7719

Are you sure? Did you use infiltrate or maybe the cannon just happened to be at 9 HP without you noticing?

Surge

Brigadier-General
Byeordie, the Trebuchet's attack power must be 40+ in order to totally annihilate a cannon in 1 shot. Now, stating that, I don't think that, in a million years, any buffed Treb would score goal like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.