• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Military from a higher era than player?

I am in Contemporary Era, and in a neighbourhood with all Contemporary Era players. I have been attacked and plundered, which would normally be annoying but part of the game, however the attacker has a military start up with Sub Cruisers from Oceanic Future. That is just so supremely powerful that it wipes out my entire defence which is of course all Contemporary with a boost of 100 without suffering a single hit. How is it possible for that player to have Sub Cruisers?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I am in Contemporary Era, and in a neighbourhood with all Contemporary Era players. I have been attacked and plundered, which would normally be annoying but part of the game, however the attacker has a military start up with Sub Cruisers from Oceanic Future. That is just so supremely powerful that it wipes out my entire defence which is of course all Contemporary with a boost of 100 without suffering a single hit. How is it possible for that player to have Sub Cruisers?
He might have won a couple from a quest?
Though how he got/activated those quests is another question, since iirc, it's impossible to trade for the promethium & oricalcum resources which are required at times for both AF & OF.

Maybe send in a ticket to support if you think he's honestly cheated to get that unit/s?

DeletedUser108429

No need to get in touch with support.
Just advance on the continent map and you will get advanced units.
There are so many players with units from ahead their eras, those are rewards from conquering sectors.

DeletedUser112745

It is possible to get advanced units by proceeding ahead of your era in the continent map, which will advance the player's story-line quests.

Players can acquire higher age provinces by doing trade agreements for higher age goods. Or owning a Dynamic Tower, aiding higher age players then trading those advanced goods down on the market.

However if you believe something dodgy is going on, by all means send a ticket to support and we'll look into it. However we can't tell you the findings because of the privacy policy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
No need to get in touch with support.
Just advance on the continent map and you will get advanced units.
There are so many players with units from ahead their eras, those are rewards from conquering sectors.
I know you can get higher era units by simply advancing, but Artic & Oceanic Future eras add new era-locked resources to the game - promethium & orichalcum. They can only be gotten, by my understanding, using the new terminal building that is researched in those eras.
And from what some of my fellow guildies in those eras have said, you need those new resources to negotiate certain provinces on the C-map. (and they cannot be traded for in the market!)

Thus, it would seem impossible for someone in a lower era to suddenly get at least any Oceanic Future units, as they'd hit an impassable wall on the C-map at Artic era?

So if that's indeed true, then something here definitely smells a little fishy...
Unless you can bypass the new resource requirement with diamonds of course? Then you're just sadly stuck with a 'pay-to-win' player. ;)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I keep forgetting that "diamonds bypass everything" in these kinds of games, as FoE is the first time I've played anything outside of JRPG's or Smash Bros and the like. :blush:

DeletedUser110434

I am in CE and have quite a few OF troops. I did this without diamonds. I simply used my Dynamic Tower and Arc to build up tremendous wealth in FP and goods. I used that wealth to negotiate my way through the Arctic map while still in the PME quest line. Once I finished the Arctic Map, I resumed the quests and finished the PME tech, closing out the PME quests. The subsequent flood of already accomplished quests gave me troops all the way up to Arctic, which I then used to fight in OF and work the OF quest line. Those quests rewarded me with OF troops.

DeletedUser117660

But that doesn't explain how you managed to negotiate sectors that required Promethium? Surely you would have to buy these sectors with diamonds to progress?

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
I’m 3/4 of the way through the Arctic map and have not come across any sectors that require promethium to negotiate, My city is in Contemporary era and I’ve received higher aged units from story quests all the way up to Arctic

DeletedUser96901

if a player won Hover Tanks on his way through the main questline he could use it with 7 rogues and manually battle on AF map

with 8 Hover and "normal" 90% it is already no problem doing most battles on auto (have done it a few times)

with 1 + 7 rogues you should fight manually to never lose the Hover Tank

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
It’s gets a bit more Tricky when your opponent has 2-3 plasma artillery they will both target your hover tank first, I know I’ve revived it a few times, lucky the GE pays for the diamond costs when it happens, and roll on Oceanic era and some OF troops before Xmas

DeletedUser112175

yes you can

and buying with diamonds

expensive but not impossible
You can fight to get those sectors, im in FE and my attack/defence bonus is high. I can also fight Sam map. so you dont have to nego the sector. I have alot of AF and OF units. but dont use. as I like my Hover tanks.