Military from a higher era than player?

Discussion in 'Noarsil' started by Peter at Wyre, May 7, 2018.

1. Peter at Wyre

Peter at Wyre Private

I am in Contemporary Era, and in a neighbourhood with all Contemporary Era players. I have been attacked and plundered, which would normally be annoying but part of the game, however the attacker has a military start up with Sub Cruisers from Oceanic Future. That is just so supremely powerful that it wipes out my entire defence which is of course all Contemporary with a boost of 100 without suffering a single hit. How is it possible for that player to have Sub Cruisers?

2. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Sergeant

He might have won a couple from a quest?
    Though how he got/activated those quests is another question, since iirc, it's impossible to trade for the promethium & oricalcum resources which are required at times for both AF & OF.

Maybe send in a ticket to support if you think he's honestly cheated to get that unit/s?

3. dragos21

dragos21 Private

No need to get in touch with support.
    Just advance on the continent map and you will get advanced units.
    There are so many players with units from ahead their eras, those are rewards from conquering sectors.

4. Skott Ravenfyre

Skott Ravenfyre FoE Team Ingame Moderator

It is possible to get advanced units by proceeding ahead of your era in the continent map, which will advance the player's story-line quests.

Players can acquire higher age provinces by doing trade agreements for higher age goods. Or owning a Dynamic Tower, aiding higher age players then trading those advanced goods down on the market.

However if you believe something dodgy is going on, by all means send a ticket to support and we'll look into it. However we can't tell you the findings because of the privacy policy.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  5. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Sergeant

I know you can get higher era units by simply advancing, but Artic & Oceanic Future eras add new era-locked resources to the game - promethium & orichalcum. They can only be gotten, by my understanding, using the new terminal building that is researched in those eras.
    And from what some of my fellow guildies in those eras have said, you need those new resources to negotiate certain provinces on the C-map. (and they cannot be traded for in the market!)

Thus, it would seem impossible for someone in a lower era to suddenly get at least any Oceanic Future units, as they'd hit an impassable wall on the C-map at Artic era?

So if that's indeed true, then something here definitely smells a little fishy...
    Unless you can bypass the new resource requirement with diamonds of course? Then you're just sadly stuck with a 'pay-to-win' player. ;)

6. Test Ament

Test Ament Emperor

yes you can

and buying with diamonds

expensive but not impossible

7. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Sergeant

I keep forgetting that "diamonds bypass everything" in these kinds of games, as FoE is the first time I've played anything outside of JRPG's or Smash Bros and the like. :blush:

8. Ringo of Javawood

Ringo of Javawood Private

I am in CE and have quite a few OF troops. I did this without diamonds. I simply used my Dynamic Tower and Arc to build up tremendous wealth in FP and goods. I used that wealth to negotiate my way through the Arctic map while still in the PME quest line. Once I finished the Arctic Map, I resumed the quests and finished the PME tech, closing out the PME quests. The subsequent flood of already accomplished quests gave me troops all the way up to Arctic, which I then used to fight in OF and work the OF quest line. Those quests rewarded me with OF troops.