• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Message Titles/Topics

DeletedUser101943

Proposal:
Add an optional 'Title' (or 'Topic') when writing a new Message in the Message Center. When browsing your messages, you will see the Title Name in each of the Message Threads.

Reason:
I have found guilds often send and create many message threads to discuss multiple things. Things which are important enough that its not worth posting on the forum about and need to be seen by many and therefore no good using the chat window. This ends up becoming a lot of reading, as you never know what the thread is about without getting into it. By adding Titles to the message threads, guilds can quickly detail what it is about. It means players can be more selective at what they read (i'm sure many don't bother because there is simply so many messages), and it also means people can more easily find the thread they are looking for and want to reply to/join in on.

By having it optional, players who don't want to be forced to do it (for what ever reason), or those who want to make super fast messages, they can simply ignore it.

Examples:
1: Guild Member sends a Message about one of their GvG ages. They could make the Title "GvG EMA". All members related with EMA GvG would know to use that thread for its discussion and also players would ignore it if they do not have anything to do with EMA.
2: Players sends a message to a friend, title would explain the purpose/question/conversation.
3: Player sends a message to a stranger about recruiting them to their guild. They could title the message "Looking for a guild?" or "We would like to recruit you!" etc.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Quickly skimmed it, didn't see anything relating to messages or message center.

Visual Aid:
How the Title would show in the message center when browsing messages.
ygcZI5r.jpg

Balance:
Unaffected.

Abuse Prevention:
I honestly don't know how this would cause or help or allow abuse. The message center shows at least one line of the message in the preview, so any message harassment would still be seen if that was the intention of the sender, so having a title show up would not change much (and such things would be reported surely anyways).

Summary:
I would love to see this (seemingly easy) addition to the messaging system. My guild sends out many messages a day (80 people can talk a LOT). It would be so much better if titles were added, as we would all benefit. We could skim the mail to find what we want, it would help keep/encourage topics to stay in the same thread of messages, rather than there being like 3 about the same thing. Most mail/email/messaging centers have titles and other features included, whether on games or in the real world in general. It seems strange it isn't already there, and i would love for it to be added.

I hope this topic can get support so the Devs see it and consider it. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Hey Sheriden, thank you for putting the effort into this idea, but it kinda has already been suggested here
(also suggested here and here, so you're not alone for sure ;))

DeletedUser98663

Great idea! It takes AGES trying to look through all the messages - most of which aren't even relevant to me...

Would be a very hand fix if InnoGames can implement it :)

DeletedUser101990

Yes this is a great idea, anything that improves the way we manage messages will be a bonus.

DeletedUser101943

Hey Sheriden, thank you for putting the effort into this idea, but it kinda has already been suggested here
(also suggested here and here, so you're not alone for sure ;))

Ah wonderful news (sorry I missed them, i'm still quite new here). Clearly it is eagerly wanted by the playerbase. Hopefully my presentation is detailed enough to persuade the developers to go for something like it in game :D

DeletedUser96867

+1

The option to 'reply' just to the sender, and 'reply all' would also be nice. Sometimes guildwide messages turn into discussions between 2 people and there isn't a need for the other 70+ players to keep getting the messages.