• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: message box for gb contribution norms

suethegreat

Captain
Dont kill me but i did search for this before posting and didnt find anything....
With lots of new players getting to grips with the game the subject of contributing to gb's can be tricky. A lot of angst and miffed messaging could be avoided if there was a message box added to players profiles for 'rules' for contributions eg 'guild only contributions' 'levels 1-4 guild only' 'do not level any gb;s' 'all contributions welcome' '1.9 only' etc. Obviously players can merrily ignore such requests but conscientious players in search of fp investments could find it helpful to avoid bad blood? Sometimes messaging gb owners does not get a reply until an opportunity is past. At least if a 'rule book' was shown then a gb owner cannot complain if they dont alert other players.

Yes there is profile message box but many dont complete it or just use as abuse for potential attackers.

If there was a title 'GB contribution rules' default at 'none' it may focus minds and help others?

Where can I vote "no"?
The profile message box we already have is sufficient for messages like that. Not many reads it though. Would they read an additional message box?
Well, at least format your idea properly, before it's thrown into the "unformatted" dumpster.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE