• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Memory issues

DeletedUser98451

Is anyone else encountering problems with the game this morning? Its loading even slower than usual and the gameplay is very sluggish, on top of that my computer keeps flashing up that i'm low on memory which forces me to close, clean and relog. It was difficult to collect from even 1 city whereas normally i can do 4 or 5 without issue.

DeletedUser106539

Same here - its like wading through mud - it might be Flash again
upload_2016-10-19_10-44-13.png

DeletedUser109842

ive got the same issue.everything is extremely slow,at one point i was locked out it said update was being done.but i thought that was yesterday.
but even after the update its extremely slow with a huge lag from mouse click to any action.

DeletedUser98451

It has nothing to do with the cache, mine empties every time i close the game which at present is every five minutes. I have reinstalled Adobe flash and tried all the browsers but its the same. it has been getting steadily worse through the day and at the moment there is a full second delay between mouse click and action. If i try to open a second city i get a short of memory warning msg asking me to close the flash player.

DeletedUser99170

I confirm, its loading and playing extremly slow all day long. Not a cache, browser or internetconnection problem, elsewhere in the internet I move with normal speed. It happens to me on Beta Testserver too.

DeletedUser109842

checked the cache it aint thatit only started with me on tuesday.
its mad.
i log on autocollect coin and production and start setting the goods buildings production but the sleep icon remains there and i can sort all the goods buildings and the sleep icon still sits there.i then go to research to spend and the egg timer sits and flashes whilst all the coin etc is deducted one by one for the goods production then i can spend on research.to move the map around during any of this is a nightmare.moving buildings or starting a build is nigh on impossible.it takes 3 attempts to get anything in the right place.all i have done for 2 days is collect stuff produced reset goods production and spend points on research.nothing else is possible today i have set everything for 24hrs and i hope it gets sorted before tommorrow.

DeletedUser102348

Yep same here, flashplayer running at 2 million+ kb, making the game unplayable after a minute or so.

DeletedUser99170

This flash player overload makes the event impossible to play. Since no official is responding to our problem in the forum, I wrote a ticket, if this problem is known and already handled by the gamedevelopers. Hope you all do the same to create some attention.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Same here. Today the game is extremely slow, almost to the point of being unplayable. I am forced to log out every time I want to play another game because of the slowness.

A few hours ago everything was fine. No idea what is going on, but I hope it gets fixed soon.

DeletedUser4195

I've been having these problems, especially slowly adding each collection to the totals, for a few weeks now. Tried different browsers and all are awful. It's getting really hard to play this game now. Shame!

PS getting thoroughly sick of 'internal errors' too.

DeletedUser109842

This flash player overload makes the event impossible to play. Since no official is responding to our problem in the forum, I wrote a ticket, if this problem is known and already handled by the gamedevelopers. Hope you all do the same to create some attention.
i did a ticket yesterday and gott told to empty cache, i replied in short terms that that wasnt the problem,am awaiting a response.

DeletedUser109842

i did a ticket yesterday and got a reply to empty cache.
i replied i had emptied cache several times and even increase the cache limit.
this was the reply..................If you don't want to try clearing your cache, then you could try another browser.

i have repeated in reply that i have emptied cache and i told you i had.it wasnt that i didnt want to empty it it just didnt do owt.
so far i have been polite,another response like the last one and i wont be.

DeletedUser12153

Having the same issues game is slow to load and very unresponsive cache is clear and it's 100% a flash issue
Don't understand why they keep using flash it's dead a lot of things using flash have already switched to things like html5 It would be good if the developers of this game would anounce the intention to stop using flash.

DeletedUser102348

I've been having these problems, especially slowly adding each collection to the totals, for a few weeks now. Tried different browsers and all are awful. It's getting really hard to play this game now. Shame!

PS getting thoroughly sick of 'internal errors' too.

I was using over 3,5 million kb of ram for just flashplayer and it was still building since last night, making FoE unplayable after 10 - 20 seconds.
Someone recommended a browser called 'Torch' (a Chrome derivative) I must say I'm well impressed, no memory leak even though every other browser leaked memory like a bucket with no bottom, and has been working sweet all day no problem once set up.
Tips:
Only use torch site to download, other sites have bundled crap warez. http://torchbrowser.com/
On installing there are a couple of check boxes to uncheck at the beginning (make me default, etc)
And a couple on the finish install page to uncheck.
Get ad block extension as ads will send ram up ( as noticed on FoE wiki)
Has a nice feature of any video your watching just one click and it will download video and a separate audio (aac file) as well.
It's fast and light, might not go back to Firefox if this keeps up :)

DeletedUser109842

cleared my cache again,and its still rubbish,i told them that and got this:

"I am sorry but our system is still not able to find any indication of you having cleared your Browsers cache, may i please ask if you could check and see if you have tried to clear your Browsers cache the correct way? If you are not sure how to do this then you can find a detailed explanation here.

The cause of the lag and slow game play is on Mozilla's Firefox side rather than ours, so if you are not able to use and try a different browser you will, unfortunately, have to wait for a fix from Mozilla."

DeletedUser7001

Dont think it is a memory error but a faulty loop some where in the city screen. When I go to research or one of the maps my CPU slows back down again. Faulty loops can create large calculations in the background.

DeletedUser4195

I was using over 3,5 million kb of ram for just flashplayer and it was still building since last night, making FoE unplayable after 10 - 20 seconds.
Someone recommended a browser called 'Torch' (a Chrome derivative) I must say I'm well impressed, no memory leak even though every other browser leaked memory like a bucket with no bottom, and has been working sweet all day no problem once set up.
Tips:
Only use torch site to download, other sites have bundled crap warez. http://torchbrowser.com/
On installing there are a couple of check boxes to uncheck at the beginning (make me default, etc)
And a couple on the finish install page to uncheck.
Get ad block extension as ads will send ram up ( as noticed on FoE wiki)
Has a nice feature of any video your watching just one click and it will download video and a separate audio (aac file) as well.
It's fast and light, might not go back to Firefox if this keeps up :)

Just tried Torch, so much better than Firefox, Waterfox, Chrome and MS Edge. Speed is up though I find dragging around the city a bit hit and miss. definitely worth a try.

Thanks Grumpy

DeletedUser109842

the latest reply to my ticket is that apparently firefox did something on an update mon/tues that interferes with player.
they gave me a fix that you could go in and do yourself but i am not comfortable doing it as i am a computer user only and dont think i am knowledgable enough to risk it.

so i too have downloaded torch and so far,only half an hour of play, it seems to cure all ills.