• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Memory issues

DeletedUser

Flash player has always had memory leakage problems, it appears to be worse in Win 8 and 10 due to it being embedded in the OS.

DeletedUser653

Guys, I did a lot of testing on the Memeory leakage and over a few hours proved that FOE is a terrible tool for RAM and will keep using more and more especially around GvG. The basic problem is that in the coding for FOE it does release all reserved memory when leaving a page and so over time keeps reserving more and more memory.
Link is here
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...e-increasing-use-of-memory-during-play.32191/

Alas INNO said they will not fix since the fix was not voted on by enough players so I need more players to agree to the bug before FOE will do anything about it. I will bump the tread so easy to find

rjs66

Lieutenant
definite +1
you shouldn't need a vote to fix a glaring problem in the code

if an inno employee breaks a leg, do they have a vote before calling an ambulance ?

also see thread "when are inno going to fix the game"

DeletedUser653

definite +1
you shouldn't need a vote to fix a glaring problem in the code

if an inno employee breaks a leg, do they have a vote before calling an ambulance ?

also see thread "when are inno going to fix the game"

you need to comment on the original thread and get them to agree its a real bug
that link is no longer working so try this one, text version below it if you want to copy and paste it
(just remove the space between the ht tp)
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...e-increasing-use-of-memory-during-play.32191/
ht tps://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/memory-leakage-increasing-use-of-memory-during-play.32191/

DeletedUser111338

The "dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled" setting change no longer works after updating to FF 56 (and even after rolling back to earlier version) because it seems to make the game fail to load alltogether, I'm getting black screen only, the music is on but everything is black.
If there's a newer topic discussing it please redirect me, but searching only brought this thread for me.