• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Memory issues

DeletedUser653

Be very careful with Torch Browser. It looks to be a brouser which comes bundled with ads and this is never a good idea IMHO

If you decide to try it make sure you do custom install and as Grumpy said above untick all the boxes which change your pc settings
Be attentive and never install software that you don’t know or trust, do a search on it before downloading

DeletedUser653

if removing be careful to check all brousers you have for Torch add ons/extensions which the Torch brouser can install, so after removing torch make sure you check each brouser you use for any torch add ons or extensions and remove these too.

DeletedUser109842

yes i saw the previous posts ref torch.ive downloaded the bare minimum and disabled everything else.i am only using it to play the game.i am going to keep firefox as my default as i much prefer it to anything else ive tried for day to day use.
so far apart from a couple of hangups due to poor internet connection its been fine.

DeletedUser99692

the latest reply to my ticket is that apparently firefox did something on an update mon/tues that interferes with player.
they gave me a fix that you could go in and do yourself but i am not comfortable doing it as i am a computer user only and dont think i am knowledgeable enough to risk it.

This is the WORK AROUND that was found
Please note
Of course, this is a solution if you really wish to play the game in Firefox. However, please understand that if you follow the below steps, it is at your own risk. An easier solution would be to switch browsers – e.g. Google Chrome has no issues with this particular problem

Mozilla Firefox released a new version a few days ago, which can interfere quite strongly with at least the latest version of Flash. This can result in loading issues and general performance problems. The problem is that Mozilla enabled a feature that causes this in their latest version. There is a way to solve it on the player side. These are the steps we can take to circumvent the problem (at least for now, let’s hope it lasts):

* In Firefox, type the following in the URL bar and hit enter: about:config
* You will get a warning message that you should not proceed unless you know what you’re doing – accept this and continue
* Search for “dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled”
* This setting has value “true” by default (so: it’s enabled)
* In order to fix the problem, we must disable this. We can do this by double-clicking on it
* Once the value is off (“false”), we can reload the game (or forum), and performance should be better again.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS AN AT YOUR OWN RISK SOLUTION

DeletedUser12153

Flash is dead switch to html5 instead of giving us these use at own risk fixes

DeletedUser108047

In firefox - the new update and its relationship to flash - you can turn off a security option on the plugin page from within your browser. It makes the performance slightly better but it is not a fix.

Chrome is a bit better but there are some cross browser issues such that some options available in Firefox are not available in Chrome.

DeletedUser4195

This is the WORK AROUND that was found
Please note
Of course, this is a solution if you really wish to play the game in Firefox. However, please understand that if you follow the below steps, it is at your own risk. An easier solution would be to switch browsers – e.g. Google Chrome has no issues with this particular problem

Mozilla Firefox released a new version a few days ago, which can interfere quite strongly with at least the latest version of Flash. This can result in loading issues and general performance problems. The problem is that Mozilla enabled a feature that causes this in their latest version. There is a way to solve it on the player side. These are the steps we can take to circumvent the problem (at least for now, let’s hope it lasts):

* In Firefox, type the following in the URL bar and hit enter: about:config
* You will get a warning message that you should not proceed unless you know what you’re doing – accept this and continue
* Search for “dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled”
* This setting has value “true” by default (so: it’s enabled)
* In order to fix the problem, we must disable this. We can do this by double-clicking on it
* Once the value is off (“false”), we can reload the game (or forum), and performance should be better again.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS AN AT YOUR OWN RISK SOLUTION

This fix does seem to help a lot - but only once the city is loaded and drawn on screen. That first stage still takes 3-4 minutes to complete!

I have found that Chrome is no better than anything else.

DeletedUser98451

Support came through for me on this issue and a Mod with the patience of a saint walked me through the fix. I switched from firefox and am now on chrome with increased flash storage and all the problems have disappeared. At the moment the game is playing as well as it ever has, fingers crossed it stays that way.

DeletedUser109644

Windows 10 (x64, Pro)
16 gb ram
i7 4.
nvidi GTX 750 +2gb
Firefox 49.02 (32 bit)
Flash 23.0.0.185

(FOE Sys Info)
1.87.a565aef (21.10.2016 13:07),
AnotherDave (2261806),
en1, en_US, WIN 23,0,0,185,
Windows 10,
Firefox/49.0,
1920x971,
DirectX11 (336 MB VRAM)

Cleared my cache... all my temp files...
Installed latest flash...
Updated Firefox...
Usually I play 3 worlds at a time... and doing that it is *unusable* after about 3-5 minutes.

I just sat... over a period or five minutes... FOE open... but not touching it.

And Flash looks like this in task manager.

2zUaabVCTUhY.png

Kinda looks symptomatic of a memory leak...

It has just hit 1.8 gig... and all I've done is typed in here...
No other flash content running *anywhere*.

So... it's any of Firefox, Flash... or FOE.
Apparently... Whatever it is... it is broken!

Any idea when FOE it is going to get usable again?

DeletedUser109762

e.g. Google Chrome has no issues with this particular problem

twomsuk, that is clearly and ABSOLUTELY untrue.

I run Google Chrome on my PC and (as I reported on my ticket) Chrome crashed last night.

On my ticket I told you upfront I had emptied my cache, ran cleaners and scanners - and still couldn't log in on various browers including Chrome!!

The advice you gave me ?? Empty your cache, and Chrome has no problems.

Well guess what ?? Your advice was useless, if you had bothered to actually read my ticket, rather than assuming, and giving a completely irrelevant response.

I have nothing else running on Chrome, and continuously, I cant see my roads, as they disappear, Chrome is regularly taking up a significant amount of memory, as numerous people have reported.

I lost goods production and FPs, because Inno is failing to recognise the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108240

It seems this have been fixed. Right now I am playing and the game is faster and more responsive than I ever remember :D Thank you Inno.

DeletedUser15501

What happened today? I'm using Waterfox and the game has suddenly become unplayable, my PC is hanging up with RAM usage going crazy. The mobile app is also constantly crashing...

DeletedUser109762

It seems this have been fixed. Right now I am playing and the game is faster and more responsive than I ever remember :D Thank you Inno.
Well, i am really pleased for you, but sadly it is not fixed, today has been as laggy as ever.
Constantly rebooting, as memory leakage gradually slows down game.

DeletedUser107059

Fwiw. In my testing the problem is significantly less (though certainly there) in FF run in safe mode for those who don't want to change browser or tamper with settings...

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I reverted back to 46.01 of Waterfox and Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0 and no memory leaks at all now

DeletedUser109762

Seems as though Inno have fixed this problem CPU usage from my "FoE" browser is minimal.

Thanks !!

DeletedUser109762

Sorry, take that back, misread my CPU usage - same old today :(

eeyore

Corporal
Good morning. I, too, have major memory "leakage".

Inno blame flash or firefox, but as it is only happening with inno games (including elvenar), it must be inno's game algorithms.