• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Medals reduced!!!!Not Sure whether this is a Bug...

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
  • World: Fel Dranghyr
  • Browser and Version: Chrome/24.0.1312.57
  • Overview of the bug: All count of the past medals won have been lost in the Medal Ranking. Now reduced to the current actual amount of Medals
  • Screenshots: Do not have
  • How often this occurs: First time and just noticed.
  • Urgency: medium
  • Preventative Actions Nil
  • Summary: Recently I got around 25 medals from winning a sector (Northcastle) and when I wanted to check where I stand in the Medals ranking I found that the medals count has been reduced to the current actual Medals 157 whereas I had more than 200+ medals (do not remember the exact amount) when i checked last few hours back. I do not have any of the Great Buildings to gain medals from. All the medals I had got them through PVP Tournaments and battling the extension sectors.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes ...to the best of my knowledge
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:
Did not see any solutions in that.

My ingame system tools information ....

Game Version :0.26.12404 (07.02.2013 12:46),
Player :ddevil (645194),
World :en6,
Locale :en_US,
Flash Version :WIN 11,5,31,139,
OPerating SYstem :Windows 7,
Browser :Chrome/24.0.1312.57,
Viewport Size :1366x667

Really hope this can be solved and I would get back the exact medals count I had won through hard fought battles.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Note that the 0.26 update discussion thread mentioned that points for defeating military units was readjusted, and score from victories was readjusted retroactively. Higher age units give a bit more now, lower age units give less points. Possible connection maybe?

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
None of my guild members have been reduced. I also checked my neighbors in the ranking and I dont see any changes in them too .... Also I did not see anybody complaining or querying with regards to this issue anywhere in this forum ....

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Giving further details after the initial shock of losing in the medals ranking...

My Current Ranking (picture proof) :

Medal Ranking.jpg

I am currently in the 5th level of the new year special contest (Medals for Blueprints) .... so counting those level requirement of Medals itself I should be having a total medal count of 290 (20+40+80+150).... I had taken an expansion using the medals when I started playing the game, so adding that 10 (the very first expansion) makes it 300 and just now I won 25 from the Northcastle sector making altogether roughly around 325 medals whereas the current ranking is showing only 157 medals. The picture of the New years Special Contest given below for proof that I am in the 5th level ...

medals contest.jpg

And picture proof for I had taken the first expansion using 10 medals. The picture shows the current requirement is 50 medals for expansion and that is level 2 expansion :

Medals Expansion.jpg

I have given a rough count of what my total medals count would have been. I am really not sure how much it would be exactly but I am sure it would have been much much more than the current 157 ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser5026

Note that the 0.26 update discussion thread mentioned that points for defeating military units was readjusted, and score from victories was readjusted retroactively.

Hey davidb3, I'd like to quote Blacksmith, one of our Co-Community Managers:

points for troop drops and increase will not be retroactive apparently.

So, nope, there's no retroactive reduction in points, so probably not the source of whatever ddevil is facing. ddevil, I suggest you file a support ticket so that mods can have a look at your account and see if there is something wrong there. To do so, right-click anywhere in the game, and click on "Contact Support".

Cheers,
L.R.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Hey davidb3, I'd like to quote Blacksmith, one of our Co-Community Managers:

So, nope, there's no retroactive reduction in points, so probably not the source of whatever ddevil is facing. ddevil, I suggest you file a support ticket so that mods can have a look at your account and see if there is something wrong there. To do so, right-click anywhere in the game, and click on "Contact Support".

Cheers,
L.R.

Thanks Lone Ranger for the suggestion ... just did that ...filed a support ticket...hopefully they will look into it and will be able to solve it....

DeletedUser6968

Just wanting to say that I have a similar problem with the medals counts myself. Wrote a support ticket and waiting for a satisfactory answer.

Yesterday I exchange 2 k's of medals for an expansion. So the next expansion will cost me 3 k's. No problem there.
Capture d’écran 2013-02-09 à 11.09.43.png

When I looked at the global medals ranking I saw that the 2k's of medals I have used for getting the expansion where deduced from the global ranking of medals. So I am now here :

Capture d’écran 2013-02-09 à 11.11.22.jpg

When before I was about there, don't remember the exact rank.

Capture d’écran 2013-02-10 à 09.25.57.jpg

It's not the end of the world :rolleyes: Just wanted to share this and hoping it will get resolved by support.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Blacksmith has responded that this is not a bug and is intentional.
The devs have taken a look at this and said everything is working as it should.
HOW exactly it is working as intended, is for us to find out.

- L

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Blacksmith has responded that this is not a bug and is intentional.
The devs have taken a look at this and said everything is working as it should.
HOW exactly it is working as intended, is for us to find out.

- L

Dear Lodroth & Blacksmith, I am not sure if its a bug or not but i m pretty sure this is not the way it should work... I really do not understand how the total medals achieved count can be reduced and the developers can say its working as intended ... does it mean that I never achieved those medals?? Or does it mean that I should have never achieved those medals??? If thats the case how did i manage to reach level 5 in the New Year Special Contest (Blueprints for Medals) which will need about 290 medals???? And if whatever medals I have spent on that contest have been deducted from total medals achieved (dont understand the connection between spent medals and achieved medals ???????) how come my total medal count is now showing 157 whereas I have already spent the 150 on the same contest??? Need explanation buddy because this is so very confusing .... and I haven't seen any of the guild members or my neighbors being reduced even though i m pretty sure they also spent on the blueprint contest....Please do find out how its working as intended and do inform me ...I just do not understand how they (the developers) don't accept its an issue with the game to be looked upon....

I have filed for a support ticket and Pendragon answered for it. I have given enough explanation over there and from what I gather pendragon has completely understood my issue and to the best of my knowledge has accepted it really is an issue in the game ... Hope the developers too understand and accept it ...and do something about it ... Thank you.

DeletedUser

Blacksmith spoke to the devs and they have stated it is working as intended.
Since they developed the system and said it's working, I guess it must be working.

I'm a player too and I have no idea how it's working as intended, so I'm on your side on trying to figure this thing out. :p

- L

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Blacksmith spoke to the devs and they have stated it is working as intended.
Since they developed the system and said it's working, I guess it must be working.

I'm a player too and I have no idea how it's working as intended, so I'm on your side on trying to figure this thing out. :p

- L

LOL Lodroth ... I know u r also a player and are trying to help both the players and developers by being a mediator ... But Maybe it was not properly explained to them or maybe they did not understand the issue properly .... Because we do have an issue here and they just cannot refuse accepting it ...I see there's another person (bloodandtears) also getting affected with this issue ... Atleast they should give an explanation / reason for deducting the medals count?? they just can't say everything is working as intended ...if deducting my medals was their intention I would like to know the reason why it has been deducted ... I am not going to get any undue advantage in the game by complaining about this ... I am just a rising player just about trying to grow in the medals ranking and thats why i feel so bad about losing the count ....And now i lose all my interest in the game because if i keep losing stuff like this in the name of beta updates and the devs keep saying everything working as intended then there's no use at all, isnt it???...anyways thanks for trying buddy ...

Regards

ddevil

DeletedUser6968

I'm still trying to understand how that's supposed to work but having a hard time to find the answer :rolleyes:

I can not find any logic on why the total of medals earned will drop if you use medals to buy expansion !

DeletedUser

I believe this has been fixed as of today. is anyone still having the wrong medal count showing in the rankings?

DeletedUser276

yes since it was confusing any missing medals that appeared to be missing were given back today or corrected in totals. Mostly the correction was to fix confused players. Hope all is happy :)

DeletedUser11781

Yep, I had the same problem, seems to of been resolved today. :D I dropped down from 7th to 21st.. Now I'm back up there.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I dont think the issue has been resolved for me ...And I am the person who started the post about this issue...LOL... Its still showing the reduced medal count for me ... Request to please check about my account ...

Thanks

ddevil

DeletedUser6968

Yup medals where given back today and issue will be permanently resolve in a further update.
Thanks to Pendragon for his help with this.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
My current count is 507 in the medal ranking ... I currently have 357 medals with me now all won through PVP after this incident...that day when i was having only 7 medals the total count was showing 157 ... today for 357 medals the total count is showing 507 ....so i dont think there's been any change in my total count ...hope u understand ... can give picture proof if required....

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you feel there is still an inconsistency in your medal count, please contact support in game by right clicking anywhere and selecting "Contact Support". Then we can investigate your situation further.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like I am uninterested in your issue. It is just that often forum names are different from in game names, and we can't usually tell which world you are playing on from a forum post. In game tickets go straight to the support team and contain information that helps us investigate the problem much quicker. We all want to get these things resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible!