• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

medal ranking table

• Thread starter DeletedUser5180
  • Start date

DeletedUser5180

Proposal:

My proposal is to overhaul the current medal ranking table which only shows battles won and medals won. the new table would split the medals won into various categories (medals won from battles, from GB's owned, donation rewards, from events, from quests & then a final total of all medals)

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

I have had a look and not found anything which i found surprising hence this thread.

Reason:

At the moment we see many players with hardly any battles won with huge numbers of medals won, this is fine as there are now many ways to gain medals. However when the game began medals were given as rewards in the pvp towers and fighters could see how well they were doing compared to other fighters. This new medal table would allow that as there would be an entry for medals given for battles (ie pvp tower rewards)

Details:

When a player is awarded medals they are added to the respective total depending on what category they have been awarded, and also to their grand total.

Visual Aids: This mock up of how the table would look like would have the total medals in the final column. I have left the existing battles won in the mock up, it shows how players with hardly any battles won are way ahead of very active pvp'ers. the new table would address this problem

medal mock up.jpg

Balance:

As this is purely visual there is no issues.

Abuse Prevention:

No abuse possible

Summary:

It would be a visual enhancement to shown how a player has gained their medal totals, there could be a possibility that the idea be expanded further and that by clicking on one of the headers could bring up a new table showing the rankings for that particular category. With a couple of clicks we could see who has won the most medals from fighting, from gb donations etc

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

+1 from me, I would love this idea to be incorporated into the other two rankings as well! (but that would be a separate idea I guess :p)
The only concern I have is the space for all the totals. So I would like to counter with:
bqF3BUF.png

*Tab names:
- All Medals
- Towers (Medals gained from PvP; won battles will still be one of the columns)
- Produced (any produced from own city via Wishing Wells, Victory Towers, Deal Castle, etc.; total medals will be the column for this one as well as the others below)
- Donation Rewards
- Quests (Chateau boost is included in this one rather than "produced")
- Events

The only thing missing would be the medals gained from certain provinces, but everyone will eventually get those so they aren't too important.

DeletedUser5180

thats a definate improvement over my idea so +1 there Byeordie,

perhaps medals gained from provinces could be attributed to either towers or quests depending on whether a player fights or negotiates. gaining medals from negotiating is, i know, not really a quest but would fit just as well there as anywhere else.? That way 'towers' total would be only for medals won on the battlefield, either pvp, gvg or continent map

DeletedUser96901

theoretically: would be a +1 from me

how do you split the current medals in the ranking ?
it doesn't bring much if you start at day x (somewhere in the future) when the top players in the ranking already have over 1 million medals

so I think it is impossible to split the current 2 year old medal ranking

DeletedUser5180

theoretically: would be a +1 from me

how do you split the current medals in the ranking ?
it doesn't bring much if you start at day x (somewhere in the future) when the top players in the ranking already have over 1 million medals

so I think it is impossible to split the current 2 year old medal ranking

on the server there will be a log of every players medals and how that player obtained them, it would take some coding to split those already obtained medals into new sub-categories but i'm sure it could be done. Perhaps those with coding experience could comment as to the difficulty or easiness of this.?

DeletedUser15432

A very nice idea and well thought out, will be helpful to a lot of players, therefore, a +1 from me

DeletedUser96901

nice if it is possible

so if it would also be possible how about splitting the points ranking too
in points from collecting, points from fighting, points from buildings (except GB) and points from GB

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
This all relates back to the fact that FOE , falls woefully short in the player statistics it produces .
Most of us would like to see , much , much more...
Tower championships won , for starters.

The current medal tables , for me are now meaningless .. i barely look at them .
They used to be a good indication of who fought the most , gained most medals in pvp
Now...with so many ways to get medals , its become a joke tbh.
Who even wants to know ...which crazy has spent a ton of diamonds on events , just to get the big medal packs ...and place their name on a table with about 100 fights to their name .

This sure needs work ,... so +1
But this kind of idea has been touted many times before ... we are still waiting :(

DeletedUser65431

Ranking players according to medals is pretty meaningless, adding categories is even more so. -1

DeletedUser

I won't +1 or -1 this for a simple reason

I like the idea but I don't believe it will be possible. The data probably hasn't been stored historically so there is no way to determine where medals came from on existing servers, and they won't do it differently on new servers because they all run the same version of the software.

DeletedUser5180

I won't +1 or -1 this for a simple reason

I like the idea but I don't believe it will be possible. The data probably hasn't been stored historically so there is no way to determine where medals came from on existing servers, and they won't do it differently on new servers because they all run the same version of the software.

If Starzaan, Kimba or Tracey are looking in here perhaps they could comment if this idea could be feasible ie, if how previous medals were obtained will be logged on the server.?

DeletedUser16126

the idea is not bad, however I fear that historical data to reconstruct this table correctly is not available...
But if I see how people are currently fighting, then a pure fighting ranking is also not fair.
If you gain the points by always regaining the same sector in GvG instead of real fighting then it doesn't deserve some honour.

Last edited by a moderator: