• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

May Madness Sale

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Emberguard

Legend
@weeeben fair enough. I find them useful mainly because they are efficient for size and a production building. So they take care of event quests without needing other production buildings if I wanted to only have sleighs

DeletedUser111428

No I don't, I have many special buildings that kill sleigh builders, 7 pagodas for a start, the only good thing about sleigh builders is I plunder them daily
I agree that Special Buildings (such as the World's Fair) can usually provide more Goods every 24 hours than a building such as the Sleigh Builder...but...one thing that some players overlook is that buildings such as the Sleigh Builder are great when you need to complete some Events Quests (such as "Complete X number of Productions from a Building of your Age") otherwise you end up having to place in your city current Age Production Buildings, which can represent a headache to some players ;)

Example: I am in Virtual Future Era and I do not need to have VF Production Buildings in my city since I get Supplies from various Buildings in my city (and from my Himeji Castle GB)...BUT...during those Events, I am asked to "Complete X number of Productions from a Building of your Age"...of course I can use my Cider Mills that are already there but I use them to get Forge Points ;)

So I place my 3 Sleigh Builders that I have in my inventory, set some 5 minutes productions and collect them until I complete the Quest, then I store them using Store Buildings from my Inventory...of course I could simply place in my city some VF Production Buildings but I would then have to wait several hours for the buildings to be constructed before being able to use them (and this is an easy workaround only if you have unlocked the Bonsai Shop building from the Tech Tree, otherwise you need to build some Production Buildings that need a 2x Road, meaning that you might have to redesign your city just to accommodate those Production Buildings simply to complete a Quest...)

So, long story short, I think that Buildings such as the Sleigh Builder are a great complement to Special Buildings that produce Goods...at the end of the day, it all depends on the way you play Forge of Empires :)

Agent327

Overlord
I agree that Special Buildings (such as the World's Fair) can usually provide more Goods every 24 hours than a building such as the Sleigh Builder..

Can you explain how that works? The World's Fair is 6x4 and gives 10 goods every 24 hrs. A Sleigh Builder is 2x3 and provides 15 goods every 24 hrs. How exactly is that World's Fair providing more goods?????

Example: I am in Virtual Future Era and I do not need to have VF Production Buildings in my city since I get Supplies from various Buildings in my city (and from my Himeji Castle GB)...BUT...during those Events, I am asked to "Complete X number of Productions from a Building of your Age"...of course I can use my Cider Mills that are already there but I use them to get Forge Points ;)

So I place my 3 Sleigh Builders that I have in my inventory, set some 5 minutes productions and collect them until I complete the Quest, then I store them using Store Buildings from my Inventory...of course I could simply place in my city some VF Production Buildings but I would then have to wait several hours for the buildings to be constructed before being able to use them (and this is an easy workaround only if you have unlocked the Bonsai Shop building from the Tech Tree, otherwise you need to build some Production Buildings that need a 2x Road, meaning that you might have to redesign your city just to accommodate those Production Buildings simply to complete a Quest...)

Another rather weird example. There are plenty of special supply buildings you can put down in seconds. Like a Beachbar for instance.

DeletedUser116525

I place my 3 Sleigh Builders that I have in my inventory, set some 5 minutes productions and collect them until I complete the Quest, then I store them using Store Buildings from my Inventory
Yeah that's a good idea although they're a little high in maintenance having to use store building each time and they need one up kits to keep them up to date but I can see the benefit of them during events, yeah.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Even though the building is good for certain things, it doesn't warrant the price tag though, I'd rather spend some space, supplies and coins, then spend thousands of diamonds for a "convenience" :p

DeletedUser111428

Can you explain how that works? The World's Fair is 6x4 and gives 10 goods every 24 hrs. A Sleigh Builder is 2x3 and provides 15 goods every 24 hrs. How exactly is that World's Fair providing more goods?????

Another rather weird example. There are plenty of special supply buildings you can put down in seconds. Like a Beachbar for instance.
Hi Agent...in my reply, I mentioned the following:

1) "...Special Buildings (such as the World's Fair) can usually provide more Goods every 24 hours than a building such as the Sleigh Builder..." I insist on 2 words here from this quote: USUALLY AND SUCH

So, some Special Buildings that can be obtained from Events can indeed produce more Goods than others...for instance, the Athlete Living Quarters (when motivated) can ONLY produce 5 Goods, where a World's Fair produces twice more Goods every 24 hours. Yes, of course, the Sleigh Builder produces more Goods every 24 hours (and same goes for a building such as the Sunken Treasure)...hence...the reason why I used the words USUALLY and SUCH.

2) Not sure why you say that my Sleigh Builder's example was weird; I simply mentioned that those buildings are great when you need to quickly and easily complete Quests, rather than using Productions Buildings from your Age that take some time to build and have ready to produce Supplies...of course there are other Special Buildings from past Events (such as the Beach Bar) that can be used to accomplish this goal but we have to keep in mind that some players do not have those buildings in their Inventory or might not even think about it...

Must ALL Forum Members (including Moderators) cross all the T's and dot all the I's simply to ensure that we will not have to go through some typical replies such as the ones you keep posting? I hope not. Should we, in all our replies, list ALL possible examples and Use Cases when we provide help and guidance to players? Again, I hope not. You have a great day Agent!

Agent327

Overlord
Hi Agent...in my reply, I mentioned the following:

1) "...Special Buildings (such as the World's Fair) can usually provide more Goods every 24 hours than a building such as the Sleigh Builder..." I insist on 2 words here from this quote: USUALLY AND SUCH

So, some Special Buildings that can be obtained from Events can indeed produce more Goods than others...for instance, the Athlete Living Quarters (when motivated) can ONLY produce 5 Goods, where a World's Fair produces twice more Goods every 24 hours. Yes, of course, the Sleigh Builder produces more Goods every 24 hours (and same goes for a building such as the Sunken Treasure)...hence...the reason why I used the words USUALLY and SUCH.

You also used the word MORE and there isn't a special building that producves MORE goods than the Sleigh Builder.

2) Not sure why you say that my Sleigh Builder's example was weird; I simply mentioned that those buildings are great when you need to quickly and easily complete Quests, rather than using Productions Buildings from your Age that take some time to build and have ready to produce Supplies...of course there are other Special Buildings from past Events (such as the Beach Bar) that can be used to accomplish this goal but we have to keep in mind that some players do not have those buildings in their Inventory or might not even think about it...

But they have Sleigh Builders in their inventory and think of those?

Must ALL Forum Members (including Moderators) cross all the T's and dot all the I's simply to ensure that we will not have to go through some typical replies such as the ones you keep posting? I hope not. Should we, in all our replies, list ALL possible examples and Use Cases when we provide help and guidance to players? Again, I hope not. You have a great day Agent!

You give advice do you? The least you can do is to make sure it is the right advice.