• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

May Madness Sale

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser112679

Two things

(1) in past events a few years back there used to be an option to buy the previous Daily Special prize at a set diamond prize. I don't remember what the prices for those were. But if they were at the base price then this would be a discount from that. It's possible the discounts are in part connected to that feature that was removed. Certainly the company would have to decide on a base price before offering at the discounts

(2) See the crossed out 1500 pricetag? The pillar of heroes needed 6 upgrades + base lvl 1. At the time of the event running I bought a 11k diamond package and from what I recall used about 10k to get a second pillar of heroes

1500 x 7 (upgrades + lvl 1) = 10,500 diamonds
995 x 7 (upgrades + lvl 1) = 6,965 diamonds

It might not seem like a discount at a glance but if you base it on what it would have taken to buy that during the event (after all free event currency is used) then it is a discount from that.

View attachment 18975

Hello and thank you for taking the time to respond previously.

See that’s the issue, for players coming in from 2017, 2018, or 2019 we have no recollection of other previous prices of these sales, and even though it mentions that it’s -33% of 1500 – 995 diamonds might seem like a steal, but is it really? How do we know? Is there a chart for all previous items offered on sale event even displayed to the public? if so, why wasn't it displayed in this thread, as well as items that are going to be for sale?

Another example of this would be the Pillar of Heroes as it was offered in this sale, so how do we know that a 1500 discount to 995 is a good deal? Since I’m pretty sure that this is the first time it’s been offered to the public, so why it was already discounted from a set price of 1500? Does this mean all previous event upgrades are going to be 995 from now on, are you able to elaborate?

Regards Cardano.

Boorg

Captain

ANYBODY CARE FOR A FEW RIDES!!!

UNLIMITED FREE RIDES ALL DAY - TODAY ONLY!!!

400px_A_A_MultiAge_ArcheologyBonus19-9.gif

:) :) :)

Havik79

Corporal
Sleigh Builder 995 diamonds?
I put 2 back into inventory as I didn't find them very useful, so it's obvious they are putting up things that where won during past events so maybe they will be of use to newbies who want these buildings to add a bit of glamour.
I think inno are mostly trying to cater for fresh players in this sale offering items from previous events, and if youy think about it, someone just starting out who is sitting in early middle ages would see value in these items, obviously not everyone is on a budget and spending diamonds in early stages of the game does give a boost. But I would be waiting for actual events where these type of buildings become prizes, it's much more satisfying to of won special buildings, even if you spent diamonds rather than buying straight out.

It kinds devalues the effort players put into winning things when after a while others can just buy there way in.
I reckon once inno deem this game non viable you'll be able to buy anything, a level 80 ark, 50,000 diamonds

You don't find 15 goods a day useful, hows Iron Age working for you.

Sleigh builders were probably the most sought after building for higher ages period.

Emberguard

Legend
Another example of this would be the Pillar of Heroes as it was offered in this sale, so how do we know that a 1500 discount to 995 is a good deal? Since I’m pretty sure that this is the first time it’s been offered to the public, so why it was already discounted from a set price of 1500? Does this mean all previous event upgrades are going to be 995 from now on, are you able to elaborate?

If they weren't at the event to obtain the base building then it won't matter what the upgrade costs. They can't utilise it. Not unless Inno also offers the Lvl 1 base at some point. At best it'd be a educated-guess based gamble on previous sales as to whether or not it appears. But even if they do put it up there's no guarantees the player would be online at the right time to buy it.

I'm assuming the lvl 1 will come around at some point, but I don't know if it ever will, when it'd be likely or under what conditions. As such I wouldn't be buying the upgrades unless you either already have a building the upgrades can be used on or are prepared to absorb losses.

Are all previous event upgrades going to be 995 from now on? I'm not privy to that information.

Is there a chart for all previous items offered on sale event even displayed to the public? if so, why wasn't it displayed in this thread, as well as items that are going to be for sale?
Not one that I'm aware of. There are event announcement threads for previous sales. So you could try searching through the forums for previous sales and from that try to work out what may or may not come

Agent327

Overlord
Two things

(1) in past events a few years back there used to be an option to buy the previous Daily Special prize at a set diamond prize. I don't remember what the prices for those were. But if they were at the base price then this would be a discount from that. It's possible the discounts are in part connected to that feature that was removed. Certainly the company would have to decide on a base price before offering at the discounts

(2) See the crossed out 1500 pricetag? The pillar of heroes needed 6 upgrades + base lvl 1. At the time of the event running I bought a 11k diamond package and from what I recall used about 10k to get a second pillar of heroes

1500 x 7 (upgrades + lvl 1) = 10,500 diamonds
995 x 7 (upgrades + lvl 1) = 6,965 diamonds

It might not seem like a discount at a glance but if you base it on what it would have taken to buy that during the event (after all free event currency is used) then it is a discount from that.

View attachment 18975

There is a flaw in your reasoning. What you need is 6 upgrades to reach level 7 and without a level 1 pillar in your inventory or your city this is no "sale" at all. It's like giving a discount on tires to someone that does not own a car.

Agent327

Overlord

Nothing that has been offered is a "good deal". If you compare it to previous items on offer it is a discount, but you are still paying way to much.

Only Madness here tis that they are stupid enough to start a feedback thread for it. Like they will ever get a positive reaction.

Emberguard

Legend
There is a flaw in your reasoning. What you need is 6 upgrades to reach level 7 and without a level 1 pillar in your inventory or your city this is no "sale" at all. It's like giving a discount on tires to someone that does not own a car.
I was basing the discussion on the price for the individual item offered. The upgrades have been requested before by those that were around for the event and for whatever reason have a incomplete building. So for those people it is a sale.

Yes you'd still need the lvl 1 building to utilise the upgrades. However it's the easiest one for me to work out the rough value on due to it being a lvl based item.

DeletedUser99588

Not sure what there is to discuss or give feedback. If you like the offers and have money to burn then fill ur boots. I have an inkling most just ignore the offers due to them being way too expensive but all down to Inno to evaluate sales and adjust pricing to suit while keeping the game balanced. Sounds easy but a little harder in practice.

Agent is right feedback on this kind of subject will largely be negative.

DeletedUser96901

how about an extra large supply package as preparation for the space age mars

Havik79

Corporal
Well now, looks like things didn't go according to plan, so much for everyone gets a chance.

First it was Reno, then Sleight builder, then Medals, now Mill of fall and upgrades, I never got offered the pillar of heroes upgrades.

DeletedUser101009

Are Inno skint? I will be spending absolutely nothing on any of these as some of them pop up in GE and I don't need anymore lol. Looks like it's all about making money and the prices are way too daft.

DeletedUser117445

More upgrade kits for less diamonds would be better .
Medals , forge points and renovation kits no as you can get them from GE an daily tasks .
Special buildings , Base buildings and upgrade kits are always good for my city more of those please.

DeletedUser116525

You don't find 15 goods a day useful, hows Iron Age working for you.

Sleigh builders were probably the most sought after building for higher ages period.
No I don't, I have many special buildings that kill sleigh builders, 7 pagodas for a start, the only good thing about sleigh builders is I plunder them daily