• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

May Madness Sale

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Emberguard

Legend
First offer:

upload_2019-5-17_17-32-58.png

So roughly 663~ diamonds per reno

Looking at first offer of the sale and yup you'd have to be mad to pay these ridiculous prices
What kind of price range would you find reasonable?

First offer:

View attachment 18974
So roughly 663~ diamonds per reno

What kind of price range would you find reasonable?
Considering reno kits are easy to come by from Daily Challenges and GE, but fully understanding that not everyone will have been able to get them I would say 200 - 300 diamonds is a reasonable price that I would contemplate paying if I really needed them. The current prices just make me laugh and I immediately close the pop-up never to open the offers again

Havik79

Corporal
Oh its a bundle of 3, that is not too bad.
If only I knew if renos were still coming in the event, or been ditched for the lords manner or kiosk, or event what else is to come in the sale.

DeletedUser115806

Yeah. I'm not mad, just ticked off and disappointed. 1995 diamonds for a mere 3 renovation kits? I only have 1845 diamonds and have spent too much on this game already. I'd have considered buying more diamonds if the offer was 10 kits for that much. I'll just have to do without. Waste of a sale.

DeletedUser115806

Oh, and pillar of heroes? What is that? Not worth 995 diamonds, that's for sure.

DeletedUser116525

Oh, and pillar of heroes? What is that? Not worth 995 diamonds, that's for sure.
Might be handy for those that played the 2018 forge bowl event and were one short of a level 7.
But then again, it would of been much more economical to buy footballs with the diamonds at the time to get all the other bonuses on top.
I imagine a colossus upgrade might come up as well, might temp those poor sods that have a level 9 wrapped in scaffolding that looks real sad.

DeletedUser112679

Only thing I find madness about this sale so far has been the cost for some of these deals, like especially the reno kits, it's crazy :(
tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112679

It's the standard price for every "sale"

Why quote in the thread then "bag yourself some awesome discounts on some popular items from previous events!" If this is the standard discount price for every sale across all sale events, then it's not really a sale to begin with? anyways I'm just expressing my two lovelaces on the topic. Cheers

Why quote in the thread then "bag yourself some awesome discounts on some popular items from previous events!" If this is the standard discount price for every sale across all sale events, then it's not really a sale to begin with? anyways I'm just expressing my two lovelaces on the topic. Cheers
Some things like the Pillar of Heros upgrade isn't available anywhere else, so some people will buy it if they didn't complete the building, that part is true at least

DeletedUser112679

Some things like the Pillar of Heros upgrade isn't available anywhere else, so some people will buy it if they didn't complete the building, that part is true at least

Yes that part is true, and people may or may not be prone to upgrading such a building. But In my own opinion I find that 995 diamonds per a upgrade can still come across as a bit much, especially if in which it was advertised as a sale. Why not offer X3 upgrades for 1492 diamonds or 497 for one? show that you have reduced the price from a higher diamond amount, or offer the perception that it had been reduced from a previous sale event - not referring to the Pillar of Hero's in this case but other sale event items .

Yes that part is true, and people may or may not be prone to upgrading such a building. But In my own opinion I find that 995 diamonds per a upgrade can still come across as a bit much, especially if in which it was advertised as a sale. Why not offer X3 upgrades for 1492 diamonds or 497 for one? show that you have reduced the price from a higher diamond amount, or offer the perception that it had been reduced from a previous sale event.
Personally I have never bought anything in a sale, even when there was an item I really wanted/needed as the price was stupidly high, for once I actually agree with @weeeben :

Hardly a sale at all, you'd think they would make it enticing enough to make non diamond buyers consider buying some but it's almost a slap in the face instead.

DeletedUser116525

Sleigh Builder 995 diamonds?
I put 2 back into inventory as I didn't find them very useful, so it's obvious they are putting up things that where won during past events so maybe they will be of use to newbies who want these buildings to add a bit of glamour.
I think inno are mostly trying to cater for fresh players in this sale offering items from previous events, and if youy think about it, someone just starting out who is sitting in early middle ages would see value in these items, obviously not everyone is on a budget and spending diamonds in early stages of the game does give a boost. But I would be waiting for actual events where these type of buildings become prizes, it's much more satisfying to of won special buildings, even if you spent diamonds rather than buying straight out.

It kinds devalues the effort players put into winning things when after a while others can just buy there way in.
I reckon once inno deem this game non viable you'll be able to buy anything, a level 80 ark, 50,000 diamonds

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
We have no idea on what the things to buy are, and no idea on the exact diamond prices plus diamonds are not on sale?
Interesting surprise but unless you are one of those people with loads of diamonds saved up.... xD
Unless it is actually cheap enough for us to afford with less diamonds and the stuff is really good of course :D

And of course, I knew I was going to be wrong here, but I so hoped that it would actually be affordable stuff. This is just like their usual "sales" where they charge you thousands upon thousands of diamonds to get anything, 2k for 3 reno kits? 1k for a Sleigh builder?

Cool building, but sif pay that price when you can get it all for free during the events? Just like the "sales" during events though, and how bad they are... Man I so hoped this would actually be a sale and not just overpriced stuff.

Emberguard

Legend
Why quote in the thread then "bag yourself some awesome discounts on some popular items from previous events!" If this is the standard discount price for every sale across all sale events, then it's not really a sale to begin with?
Two things

(1) in past events a few years back there used to be an option to buy the previous Daily Special prize at a set diamond prize. I don't remember what the prices for those were. But if they were at the base price then this would be a discount from that. It's possible the discounts are in part connected to that feature that was removed. Certainly the company would have to decide on a base price before offering at the discounts

(2) See the crossed out 1500 pricetag? The pillar of heroes needed 6 upgrades + base lvl 1. At the time of the event running I bought a 11k diamond package and from what I recall used about 10k to get a second pillar of heroes

1500 x 7 (upgrades + lvl 1) = 10,500 diamonds
995 x 7 (upgrades + lvl 1) = 6,965 diamonds

It might not seem like a discount at a glance but if you base it on what it would have taken to buy that during the event (after all free event currency is used) then it is a discount from that.

upload_2019-5-17_21-55-12.png