• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event May Day Event 2017

DeletedUser110419

We can probably argue for months what is a strategic vs a tactical choice.

Conceptually, I feel that there is a world of difference between strategizing to develop a city and conquer known continents and tech trees, and reacting to what the devs choose to put in an event (unpredictable and often at short notice).

What you say is to some extent true. In other City Builder games, you might have to cope with disasters - which are unpredictable and often with no notice. Every game is different. In this game, you must make choices about how you intend to play the game. It is not up to the game designers to accommodate your choices.

When it comes down to it, participation in events is likely monitored by the game designers. They know participation levels, but they also know things like diamond usage - and purchases. The goal of the game designers is to generate revenue for Inno. Poor design choices will result in players leaving the game and lost revenue. Good design choices will result in continued player participation and increased diamond purchases.

I would posit that the increase in events is a direct result of the metrics from past events.

DeletedUser103902

OH the second tasks is the Mayday in Lochgelly..home of my grandmother the the name of my city here in MK !!!!! Nice surprise!!!

But yes sorry agree with the rest, research a tec or even scout is too much for these little events.....please change them or give us 4 big events a year and do away with the rest.

DeletedUser110363

TWO Research quests to get the main prize!?!!.... wont be doing this event then.

I reluctantly have to agree. I like doing the quests and to finally succeed in getting all parts of the cherry garden on the nerve racking seventh attempt at the final piece was great, but it would be sheer stupidity to lurch unprepared into another age so soon. I haven't had time to rebuild supplies, coins or forge point tokens after the last age gain and would be looking at weeks of poor performance in GE etc if I pushed into another age unprepared.

DeletedUser16112

In other City Builder games, you might have to cope with disasters - which are unpredictable and often with no notice.

Agreed, but disasters seldom happen all the time, as events have this year.

As a player, I don't really care what sells more diamonds*, I care about the quality of my gaming experience. When it's no longer good, I leave, just like you say. Until then I will make my voice heard to try to keep it good.

* Other than it be enough to keep the game going.

DeletedUser108179

Quest 3 = Research a technology = Mandatory, no alternative = GAME OVER !!!

Besides, just one level added on SMB gives you more boost than this sh***y Maypole wasting another 3x3.

DeletedUser96901

Besides, just one level added on SMB gives you more boost than this sh***y Maypole wasting another 3x3.
yes because 5% on 90 collections per day is more than 14% on all collections (OF) :rolleyes:

DeletedUser109966

yes because 5% on 90 collections per day is more than 14% on all collections (OF) :rolleyes:

haha... spoken like a player with a lvl10+ St.Marks... to the rest another level on the St.Marks is a better option.

DeletedUser110179

As a player, I don't really care what sells more diamonds*, I care about the quality of my gaming experience. When it's no longer good, I leave, just like you say. Until then I will make my voice heard to try to keep it good.

* Other than it be enough to keep the game going.
Can the quality of our gaming experience be assured without diamonds?

UNIX-LicencePlate640px_zpswbehl1rq.jpg
Unix was much touted as a free operating system (also created in part, by free collaboration) but could FoE even survive without some financial support from the players. While many players really can't afford to pay ... a mindset that encourages other players to buy diamonds may, in fact, result in our collective gaming experience being improved.

Anyone can play for free and leave when the experience is longer satisfying but sometimes you need more than a good voice to make it better. ●

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16112

Can the quality of our gaming experience be assured without diamonds?
Of course not, and that is not what I wrote.

While many players really can't afford to pay ... a mindset that encourages other players to buy diamonds may, in fact, result in our collective gaming experience being improved.
And on the other hand, countless freemium games have failed and faded into oblivion because they took the microtransactions too far.

There are more options than just the extremes "everything is free, zero money for development" and "new events every day, because diamonds!".

Just because I think too many events is a problem does not mean that I want all Inno employees fired, development halted and the game turned into a torture device.

I want FoE to continue being a good game. If the devs get diamond-blind and ruin the game then we don't get a good game, and they don't get diamonds. No one wins. Not that the recent increase in events is ruining the game, but if they step it up further it's going to be a problem when the game is more about events than anything else.

Vesiger

Monarch
If participation in events declines, does that actually worry Innogames?
(Apart from all the wasted effort on graphics etc.)

I can't imagine it's particularly significant yet, but we do seem to be approaching something of a tipping-point of cheesed-offness where multiple players as opposed to a handful are considering simply not bothering...

DeletedUser108179

No one needs 90 coin collections, not even 30 times 3 on 8-hour cycle.
One level up on SMB are 15% - sometimes even 20%. So scrap the useless Pole thing.

Cinnebar

Private
I would like to see quests that cater for a wide range of players of FoE. Its 5 years on lol so i'm sure there are many that are at the end of the tech tree or on techs that take weeks to complete. There are also very few branches on the tech tree (or ones that dont join up) so there is little leeway to hold one in reserve even. A alternative option in a quest that has hard edges would help (even if its still a hard one) or has FoE gone the way of many commercial enterprises and ignores its veteran players .. considering them so loyal they dont need or want goodies ? We dont all have a load of diamonds to race a tech in or is this whats needed now to keep Inno happy ?

I