• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event May Day Event 2016

DeletedUser104833

Is the pole going to be a building like the Cemetery/Confectionery/Tree of Lovers in that it's going to offer a visual upgrade every year for the first few years ?

DeletedUser4727

Thanks for your question. I think it will depend on if the event is considered a success! If it is, I think its likely to become similar to those event specific buildings, yes. I for one would like it t be, Im a big fan of those.

DeletedUser109415

What can we expect in regard to quests and rewards?
Don't play beta so asking here, usually quests differ a bit from the beta, but it is a good indication

DeletedUser96901

What can we expect in regard to quests and rewards?
the usual quests
research
scout
infiltrate
buy sector (with goods)
acquire a province

(not in this order)

rewards
random, random, random, random, random, random, random, .....,
maypole

maypole16.png

(picture from announcement)

DeletedUser15432

Another event that I will probably not complete on all worlds (managed 12 out of 14 in the Yuri event), let us hope that some of the quest prizes will give diamonds as city space is getting rather crowded and I still have premium buildings in inventory on some worlds.

DeletedUser99616

What is the point of this event? Another event which causes lag and for a pointless reward in my opinion.

DeletedUser104843

The point of these events is to give the player more to do and cut up the bog standard mode of play for a while which for the vast majority of players leads to a more enjoyable experience :)

I for one love these events for the above reason and more. It is a chance to get new buildings, a chance to get Diamonds and extra goods. It is also great for new players as they give the chance of getting their hands on buildings which are generally far better than the early standard ones.

Thumbs up for these events. Keep them coming.

DeletedUser96901

It is also great for new players as they give the chance of getting their hands on buildings which are generally far better than the early standard ones.
and 3 eras later they sell them because they are worse than regular buildings
and who really wants to waste a reno kit on a 2x2 cultural building ?

a chance to get Diamonds
for some players that is the only reason they play the event

and after the last 2 events (yuri & leap year) without diamonds from random rewards I really hope this event brings me more luck

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
"And thats not everything - if you complete all the quests, you can also get two new player avatars!"
LOL
got very excited for avatars that at least half of the players would use after finishing the quests. Can you give some free city space instead because cities are overcrowded with GBs and still many of them in the inventory ready to be built.

DeletedUser914

and 3 eras later they sell them because they are worse than regular buildings
and who really wants to waste a reno kit on a 2x2 cultural building ?

for some players that is the only reason they play the event

and after the last 2 events (yuri & leap year) without diamonds from random rewards I really hope this event brings me more luck

Yuri did gave me diamonds.

DeletedUser108359

nice buildings might make your city look pretty, but i think most players prefer more useful buildings.
i generally enjoy the quests, as its something new to d for a while - However they are nearly always the same old, same old, same quests and same rewards.
how about some new useful rewards, like expansions, medals, perhaps goods that we normally would have to get through goods buildings or trades, things that are really hard to get.
i realize the actually quest objectives might be limited, but when you are in the higher ages it can be a real pain to try acquire sectors, provinces and takes days to scout new areas.
I really enjoy this game and play a total of 8 worlds, mainly because unlike most other games, you Dont need to spend cash to play it and advance in it, you just need friends, skill, patience and a little luck.
For folks you cant afford to buy diamonds and packages this is fantastic
So although i have a few things i feel could be improved upon, i say, thanks for a great game, and for trying to improve it.

DeletedUser15372

If the quests are like in beta then the event isn't too bad as there is an alternative to scouting and researching a tech which is to spend some amount of forge points. There is also nothing about acquiring a province. Only 2 things without an alternative relating to the map are infiltration and negotiation but this could be a problem if the only action taken is scouting before anything else can be done and you happen to be in higher ages.
Building 3 decos with no alternatives is also tricky for those who just about started the one of the higher eras.

I saw the questline on foe wiki so I guess that may change a little, right? :?

DeletedUser109508

ANZAC day event would be nice with memorial statue!... the event buildings kind of don't suit the game... for the older crowd which is 99% of people that play this game these events seem to only suit young kinder!... pyramid of giza, roman baths, big ben, ayres rock, opera house, twin towers, footy stadium, race track, boot camp or commando barracks would suit the games context better... avatars of famous generals, rock stars and presidents would be cool i like the Frank Sinatra, Yuri Gargarin ones!...
Really good game! Apart from the events are getting more kiddy and provide buildings that dont suit the game plus most of the man and women players do not like them and they never leave the inventory or get deleted! eg; foeberge shop is good production but looks really bad, the worst prize this year was color guards everyone received to many of those and nearly ruined the event and made it impossible to win a watch tower they are really hard to get! I heard a while ago if you could not win a watch tower you could spend FP's to aquire one! If u could please bring that back that would be great ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser914

"And thats not everything - if you complete all the quests, you can also get two new player avatars!"
LOL
got very excited for avatars that at least half of the players would use after finishing the quests. Can you give some free city space instead because cities are overcrowded with GBs and still many of them in the inventory ready to be built.

These avatars are useful at summer event, the wheel prevents having a second avatar, so if you have already one now, the chance is higher to hit something good on that wheel. :zzz: