• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Maximum Limit - Group Message

DeletedUser99692

I would not be surprised at all. These "Messages" are glorious spam threads. I am not interested in my neighbours New Gbs nor am I interested in their Trade Offers. I deal with pages of messages daily from my guild. I don't know who dreamed up the message all on the app for friends list and neighbours but I have nasty horrible thoughts on how I would like to congratulate them on their ingenuity. As to changing the length of the recipients oh no no no no.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I actually never understood why people play this type of a game that the whole concept is based upon social aspect ... no player can succeed only by himself or with guild alone... and what even more in all this is very concerning is people in the game giving them soo much credit that they consider them self untouchable ... is it such a horrible thing someone asks you for help ???? Is it? Are you going to loss something by being a human beings??? Or is it beneath you ???
People will allways ask and the worst it can happen is a rejection... but even that is better then the attitude some people have twords group mesage....and hostile actions they do when in this situation when they do get one .....

Emberguard

Legend
@ntnete0 asking for help is one thing, spamming inboxes needlessly in a way that feels like it's trying to take advantage of others is going to be met with varying degrees of response

A lot of group messages are simply dumping muds without any words at all onto a bunch of people no one has a connection with except the OP [friends list]. Those kinds of messages rarely go down well and the OP usually already has a guild that should be more then capable to handle the muds

Then there's the messages that ask players to reply or leave the message to show they're still active. Well that's just wasting everyone's time. It doesn't show anything other then you opened your inbox.

One other type of group message is asking for tavern visits to complete a quest. Now THIS type of group message I've only ever seen a positive reaction to. Because it's not wasting anyone's time and is actually relevant to the people it's being sent to without feeling like needless spam

DeletedUser99692

I actually never understood why people play this type of a game that the whole concept is based upon social aspect ... no player can succeed only by himself or with guild alone... and what even more in all this is very concerning is people in the game giving them soo much credit that they consider them self untouchable ... is it such a horrible thing someone asks you for help ???? Is it? Are you going to loss something by being a human beings??? Or is it beneath you ???
People will allways ask and the worst it can happen is a rejection... but even that is better then the attitude some people have twords group mesage....and hostile actions they do when in this situation when they do get one .....

Please do not judge me by my last post. I run three guilds and my hands are always open to them and to my real friends. There are times however when you have to draw the line. A message from a friend asking for help yes I will respond if I can a blind message to 140 players for something that their guild should help with no. Its an easy cop out that should at all times be discouraged.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I never said that there isn't a situation where it is simple spam ... but nevertheless the option could be implemented regardless of how one can use it or would use it ... and even in curunt system there will be people who will miss use it ... :-)

P.S. @twomsuk i don't judge you ;-) .... ;-))))

DeletedUser

Slightly offtopic yet suddenly relevant I think.
I’d love to see a spam filter.
Meaning we can individually disclose ourselves from mass mails of any kind besides being included in guild mails.

DeletedUser99692

Slightly offtopic yet suddenly relevant I think.
I’d love to see a spam filter.
Meaning we can individually disclose ourselves from mass mails of any kind besides being included in guild mails.

Its called "Ignore Player" but I would not advise it's use on guild members it could cause problems with your swap threads and if you are a guild leader it will interfere with your ability to send guild messages.

DeletedUser

Its called "Ignore Player" but I would not advise it's use on guild members it could cause problems with your swap threads and if you are a guild leader it will interfere with your ability to send guild messages.

Since this week I started to report every single one of them.
I avoided it thus far from out a sort of mercy with support but it is a stubborn feature and I feel we need to send a signal every time it happens in hopes for problem solving.
It is abused so often I can hardly ignore every player who does this that’d cripple my game.

DeletedUser

I started with that too.
We are very restricted in sending urls but people may harass us en mass.

Not only that but we get a push a new message arrived too.
In itself I like these “heads ups” but this starts to be a true problem.