• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Maximum Limit - Group Message

Emberguard

Legend
The amount of people that'd actually have a [legit] reason to message more then a 100 players is pretty small. The only list of contacts greater then 100 currently is the friends list.

However you were talking about guilds co-operating. If that's the case do you really want 200 players in the same PM? I've seen 60-80 players in a forum game environment generate in one month 8k posts and in another month 16k posts - both of which had inactive players within the group. If you have 200 active players all actively discussing the plans then no ones going to get anything meaningful from it. Even if each member only posts 3 times during 24 hrs that's 600 posts per day to skim through plus kickings and additions as the guild members change. Which is likely to generate more posts asking what's going on given the message centre is very difficult to see past discussions beyond the last 9 messages if people are currently talking

So that then leaves having 200 members but only leaders talking plus messages asking others not to talk if they start asking for clarification on something. Why would you need that and risk moles passing on what's discussed with your enemies? You've got 200 members if they leave it a while before passing on info you won't be able to tell who it is that's the mole. That's even assuming you are able to keep the list completely upto date and not accidentally miss someone who left the guild in the chat

TL;DR How often do you even use the current 100 max limit for discussing alliances? Why don't you restrict tactical meetings with other guilds to just leaders? How do you prevent the important info from getting lost in the thread if we increase it to 200 players?

DeletedUser115506

You have a very good point Emberguard. Definatelly, if all members would be to write on it, it would get crazy and a uselless chat, this should be avoided.

Actually, my idea would be to use this chat, let's say of 200 people, not for discussing of all. But mostly as a way to inform everyone of whatever needs to be informed. For example, to post there the list of mission's events, and all would be able to see it.

Or to post a tip or hint of any kind about the game.

Or even to let know an Allied guild is being attacked in GvG, or to inform we are attacking.

Certainly it would be a big work to keep it updated, but it is a trade-off to not having to find other ways to communicate informations between the Alliance or between the group of 2 or 3 guilds.

DeletedUser115506

Sadly I do not agree that guilds should be facilitated stick like this.
It happens anyway via Skype and WhatsApp but I don’t believe InnoGames should support that in the suggested way.

Therefore my vote will be: -1

Yea, Skype or Whatsapp is definetlly the most effective tool for comunication, but unfortunatelly, many players don't like to use it or share it with people from a online-game-enviroment, which is understandable.

Shad23

Emperor
Sennas i'v got a beter idea wich would be about chat not msg center , add a tab to guild chat that apears only once you clicked on guild chat somthing like wisper but would be used only to add guilds not players so you can add other guilds to that chat , lol my guild does'nt eaven use that chat

DeletedUser115506

That's a good idea! But it would be useful mainly during the fights, where people are actually logged in and reading this chat.

Still, we would be missing a way to share information easily to more then 100 people. Yea, we could open two or three different msg chats with 100 max members, but then it would give us a lot of work to keep it all updated. Easier if it were only one.

Emberguard

Legend
Sennas i'v got a beter idea wich would be about chat not msg center , add a tab to guild chat that apears only once you clicked on guild chat somthing like wisper but would be used only to add guilds not players so you can add other guilds to that chat , lol my guild does'nt eaven use that chat
That does sound like a more practical idea in some ways then using the message centre with perhaps some tweaks:
- make the multi-guild whisper something that has to be approved by a leader/founder from the side that's being "whispered"
- the leader/founder from the guild being "invited" to the "whisper" wouldn't see the messages being sent until it's approved, it'd only be approving an opening of the channel between guilds and it'd list which guilds are apart of the multi-guild whisper
- the multi-guild whisper would need approval from one leader/founder of each guild currently in the chat before any additional specified guild can have their invitation sent
- each guild can only be apart of one multi-guild whisper

The multi guild whisper would be in addition to the current guild chat that you can find among the global chat tabs

(I'm probably starting to make this a little complicated but it'd ensure integrity of info if you want more then two guilds sharing the info and less risk of guild members mixing it up with the regular guild chat)
That's a good idea! But it would be useful mainly during the fights, where people are actually logged in and reading this chat.

Still, we would be missing a way to share information easily to more then 100 people. Yea, we could open two or three different msg chats with 100 max members, but then it would give us a lot of work to keep it all updated. Easier if it were only one.
For that with current limitations it'd be easier to just have leaders in the discussion thread - then copy paste into their respective guild only thread as that can easily use the "update all guild members" button

I'm wondering if instead of the message centre it'd be better to have multi guild communication in the guild forum feature? GvG is desktop after all. There's this handy pop out button at the bottom right hand corner so you could [hypothetically] have the forum on a separate monitor if you have two screens, or you could put it in a separate tab to the side with the game in your main set of browser tabs

Edit:
Of course if you like any of this - you'll need to do a quick search to see if it's been proposed before and if not create a new idea thread for it in the Ideas section

Last edited:

Shad23

Emperor
Already there
capture-d-cran-de...11-26-09-55a1828.png
capture-d-cran-de...11-26-09-55a1828.png
[/url][/IMG]
i think he was talking about that forum Agent and not this one
that forum only your guild members can see it you can't add other guilds to that forum
he wants somthing to give info to all members of allyed guilds who are allys with his guild

Agent327

Overlord
It's a she and it's already is an option on the Guild forum. You can share a forum part with other Guilds.

Shad23

Emperor
lol am leader and my room-mate is founder and neather of us can see your option to add other guilds to forum

Shad23

Emperor
yes but no option to add other guilds there only things i can do there are change the rank every forum is in and create new forums delete option to but no option to add other guilds

Shad23

Emperor
thanks got it
i think forum is seen only by PC users though not sure
but i think that is exactly what he was looking for when he created msg , maybe add this forum on app would solve his problem if it ain't seen on app

Shad23

Emperor
Sennas somtimes asking the right questions get you the answers you need if app players can't see the guild forum a thing you might consider is changing your idea to implement guild forum on app this would solve your problem