• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Maximum Guild Members?

DeletedUser

Hi there folks. It's me again. :cool:
So here's the thing. I run a guild in Brisgard which is now HUGE!!! We are still getting requests from people wanting to join us but it would APPEAR that there is a LIMIT of 80 members. Is this true? If it is, then unfortunately the only way in for new members will be in 'dead-man's boots' so to speak. :(
Are there any plans to increase the maximum or are we going to be stuck with 80?
All the best...Gaijin :)

DeletedUser

Hey Gaijin,

For next time I'd advise you to use the little search function on the top right of the screen. This is covered in lots of guild questions. ;)

A guild does indeed have a limit of 80 members.
What most successful guilds do is create a sister guild or a clone guild. They give it the same name, but just add the appropriate number to it.
ie: MasterGaijin's Guild, MasterGaijin's Guild 2, MasterGaijin's Guild 3.

If the original guild is recognized enough and has a good rep, players are more inclined to accept an invite to a lower sister guild in order to make it rise next to the original.
Sometimes guild founders add some entry rules when creating a sister guild, such as:
To enter Guild 1 you need this many town ranking, for Guild 2 this many and Guild 3 this many.

- L

DeletedUser3157

L said it all. I just wanted to say that my opinion of 80 member guilds being to large hasn't changed a bit. I would cut them down to 20 or smth if I could, make them more close knit units hence putting more emphapis on team-play and social structure of the game.

DeletedUser

Hmmm...interesting points. Thanks. We are - believe it or not - a VERY close knot guild. We always support each other and we always get involved in any ongoing discussions. I did try to use the search but I'm not very experienced in the whole forum thing yet and didn't know what keywords to try. I tried 'Maximum members' and all kinds but couldn't find what I wanted. :(
I'll take those points under advisement. Thank you. You can close this now if you want. :)

DeletedUser

You could also check the stickied "Frequently Asked Questions"-thread at the top of this forum ;)