• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Mars Ore Requirement For SAAB Research

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Who is the genius that thought it'd be a good idea to require Mars ore to complete SAAB research?

I have to build a production building and 2 lane roads, I haven't had either in 4+ years...This is regressing, get rid of this or give us special buildings that get around this nonsense.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Or better yet, move the Mars Ore Synthesizer to the SAAB colony, and same for all other eras that require special goods you can't buy/trade or get thru special buildings.

Knight of ICE

You could have known about this since SAAB started more than a year ago. All you had to do was build a supply. Also techtree shows you the research costs for an era. All you had to do was check before you moved into SAAB.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
You could have known about this since SAAB started more than a year ago. All you had to do was build a supply. Also techtree shows you the research costs for an era. All you had to do was check before you moved into SAAB.

Well look at that, i've been told, and checked for accuracy, that even SAV research requires Mars ore. A lot of good your 'advice' will do for someone in SAAB that saved up enough Mars ore just for SAAB research.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight of ICE

Well look at that, i've been told, and checked for accuracy, that even SAV research requires Mars ore. A lot of good your 'advice' will do for someone in SAAB that saved up enough Mars ore just for SAAB research.

Yes and the age after SAV will need them as well. Since the start of the game you will need goods of a certain age up until 3 ages after that age. So last age you need Bronze Age goods is High Middle Ages and so on. Nothing new there. You do not save up for one age. You save up for 3 ages. Only exception is Promethium and Orichalcum, but those ships you can keep sending.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
What's the big deal? I rushed through SAM and had not enough ore when entered SAAB. But additional space allowed me to build synthesizers, it was an easy choice to move or sit and stockpile ore.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
That's not the problem itself, he somehow thinks having 2 lane streets is regressing. City space is increased, so it can't hurt his stats.
I'm afraid we need to go deeper :)

Forwandert

Major-General
Some players just don't see the need for 2 lane streets later on. You don't need them to produce troops your traz works even if barracks arent connected and in later eras its not as likely you need any production buildings, cultural buildings or residential that require 2 lanes as you rely a lot more on special buildings and gbs.

I did the whole year of SAAB with a barracks as a building site not connected with no 2 lanes. I have added 1 section for barracks this time around because I had a little more room to play around with but if at any point last year I needed to slot in a two lane and build other buildings it would have been quite a major reshuffle to ensure everything fitted and looked pretty neat/tidy.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
Colony space is increased not city space
think what blitz meant is that he didnt knew how many mars orgs he needed for SAAM, and he didnt gather enough orgs for the tech. and in SAAM over, he has to build 3#3 mars org synerlizer to get them, and he is upset on the fact he's out of space

Andrew420

Major
think what blitz meant is that he didnt knew how many mars orgs he needed for SAAM, and he didnt gather enough orgs for the tech. and in SAAM over, he has to build 3#3 mars org synerlizer to get them, and he is upset on the fact he's out of space
Thats his own fault
The info is there you just have to be willing to look for it then plan accordingly
Just like @Knight of ICE already mentioned

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
And that is the problem because 2 lanes give less happiness than 4x 1 lane? :)

Happiness? Is there anybody in this game that has played a year or more that still even worries about lack of happiness? It's been 6 years for me, out of curiosity I just checked my stats - Provided Happiness - 597,641 Demand - 309,890. Happiness hasn't been a consideration for me for ages.