• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Mars Ore exploration

I’ve come to the end of the Mars continent map, and still need to carry out explorations so that I have enough Mars Ore for SAAB.

If I stay within the Mars tech tree, but start exploring the SAAB continent map, will I still be able to explore for Mars Ore on the Mars continent map?

If I stay within the Mars tech tree, but start exploring the SAAB continent map, will I still be able to explore for Mars Ore on the Mars continent map?
Yes.
And it's actually a really good idea to explore all of the SAAB map before aging up to SAAB on the tech tree.
You'll collect a lot of SAAB goods from the map, which makes it easier to pay for the SAAB techs, and all the map quests from the SAAB questline are already done.

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I’ve come to the end of the Mars continent map, and still need to carry out explorations so that I have enough Mars Ore for SAAB.

Have you researched the technology that unlocks Mars Ore Synthesizer?

Have you researched the technology that unlocks Mars Ore Synthesizer?
That's a SAAB tech. And it's not needed. You can stay in SAM and collect plenty of Mars Ore from the colony, while you conquer the SAAB map. No problem with that.

I completed all the maps when I was still in AF. When I got to SAM, I camped for a while to collect Mars Ore and the other resources needed for SAAB. Never built the Mars Ore Synthesizer. And I still have plenty of Mars Ore in stock.

Last edited:
Thanks all, exactly what I needed. And the big question then becomes, will we need Mars Ore on Venus!? I certainly hope not. Mind you, I think I‘ll be heading to SAAB after the spring event so I should have about 20k ore at that point.

Should be enough. You need 11,500 Mars Ore for the SAAB techs.

Probably. AF promethium and OF orichalcum are needed for SAAB, so why not Mars Ore for Venus?
I think my hope is that Inno’s thinking is that promethium can be gained from buildings on the main city, and goods can be produced easily on the main city. Whereas Mars Ore either requires a rocket that gets you to Mars or synthesizers that are Horribly inefficient, and cumulative effect in a few eras time of mars ore, then saab ore, then venus would break the game. So they won’t expect mars ore above SAAB. Well thats my hope anyway!

Last edited:
goods can be produced easily on the main city
Yes, no need to build goods buildings in the SAM and SAAB colonies. You can get all the goods required from special buildings in the city, CF reward boots etc.
I only built residentials in the colonies. Nothing else needed.
Promethium and orichalcum are not a problem. Just send the ships out for more.

Last edited:
Yes, no need to build goods buildings in the SAM and SAAB colonies. You can get all the goods required from special buildings in the city, CF reward boots etc.
I only built residentials in the colonies. Nothing else needed.
Promethium and orichalcum are not a problem. Just send the ships out for more.
Yeah agreed. Sorry my original post should have read. I hope Inno’s thinking is that....

willy65

Private
Hello willy65 and welcome to FoE EN forum,
Are you trying to collect Mars Ore while being in Space Age: Mars or Space Age: Asteroid Belt?
yes im in the space age just arrived but do not know how to collect mars ore i have heard its in the mars continent map but dont know where that is thank you

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
yes im in the space age just arrived but do not know how to collect mars ore i have heard its in the mars continent map but dont know where that is thank you
Space Age: Mars continent map is just like the other continent maps, you access it just the same way as the other continent maps, all you need is to scout it's sectors one by one to conquer it. Some sectors contain "Exploration sites" where you gain the Mars Ore.

If you can't find the Mars World Map, it makes me wonder, if you have completed all the previous maps, VF for instance. If you haven't, you still have a long way to go before you can access and explore the Mars map for Mars Ore.
Sounds like you've rushed ahead through the tech tree without following along on the world maps.

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
If you can't find the Mars World Map, it makes me wonder, if you have completed all the previous maps, VF for instance. If you haven't, you still have a long way to go before you can access and explore the Mars map for Mars Ore.
Sounds like you've rushed ahead through the tech tree without following along on the world maps.
This might also quite possibly be the case.