• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Marilyn Monroe

Thrawnf

Corporal
other than soks, japanese sets and indian sets, everything else i got from events or GE is sold or stored now. even the speakers corner, chess square, 50 wws, 50 soks, 12 terrace farms, 20 bazaars in inventory, 20 sold, the aviary and all other "special" buildings, and now the rosarium too.

Speaker corner and Chess square provide 20% of attack for 3x6 size...it's AWSOME !

I found the reward very balanced, for each type of player (8h cycle or 24h cycle, farmer or fighter)

The summer event was a good exemple, with Elephant fountain for fighter, and Palace for farmer....such a great reward.

My only complain will be the lack of expansion lol...because so many nice building to display, and not enought space hehehe...so I need to select...

bs0877

Private
I quite like the historical events. Yes I'm a seasoned 4 year + end of tech tree player trying to squeeze as much out of the city area as possible. While placing a culture building has no economic issue to me as I could build and sell a hundred if needed, it does give me the resource management challenge of trying to do it without simply selling some other military building (and then buying it back again).

It would probably be tricky to have quests targets based on your era, but I don't think their purpose is to try and cause the players too much grief, but put a small sparkle into the play and possibly teach you something you didn't know (every day is a school day).

My only grief is that the reward for later players does make them either just pretty or a storage item since the 8hr and 24hr reward is the same regardless of era why build an Oceanic era building when a similar one from many eras back costs less population and does the same (we don't need coin or supplies). I like the idea of maybe the 24hr being similar to wishing well, so even though it may need more spaces its uniqueness may compensate. The 8hr may be similar but less rewarding, say random equivalent of a shrine so you may get FP / medals / blueprint randomly.

time to go an practice my "boo boo bee doo"

Can't agree with you. Every new event slows down already slow game, and make people spend real money which is main reason of this events.
In what way does an ignored event 'slow down the game?'

How are people being made to do anything, let alone made to 'spend real money?' FYI if anyone is being made to do something, that is coercion at best and terrorism at worst: both matters to bring to the attentiion of your police.

DeletedUser110195

In what way does an ignored event 'slow down the game?'

How are people being made to do anything, let alone made to 'spend real money?' FYI if anyone is being made to do something, that is coercion at best and terrorism at worst: both matters to bring to the attentiion of your police.
I think that guy is the poster-child for what freemium games target: People who are so convinced they cannot do without a thing in this game, so they put pressure on themselves to shell out cash to get that thing. That he thinks he's being made to shell out cash for anything shows a lack of patience and forethought, or the realization that you will live without getting the event prize, and your city will continue on just fine without it.

I had a hedge maze in my inventory for a couple months after the event....my city didn't fall into anarchy, or lag behind everyone else(I've even passed my old guildmaster guild founder....lol). For all intents and purposes I did not have a hedge maze....

I think that guy is the poster-child for what freemium games target: People who are so convinced they cannot do without a thing in this game, so they put pressure on themselves to shell out cash to get that thing. That he thinks he's being made to shell out cash for anything shows a lack of patience and forethought, or the realization that you will live without getting the event prize, and your city will continue on just fine without it.

I had a hedge maze in my inventory for a couple months after the event....my city didn't fall into anarchy, or lag behind everyone else(I've even passed my old guildmaster guild founder....lol). For all intents and purposes I did not have a hedge maze....
What!?! No Hedge Maze, no Rosarium!! My GOD, how can you live with yourself?!?

DeletedUser110195

It wasn't easy let me tell you, but I managed to cobble along with some luau's and a few wishing wells

DeletedUser111189

I like all the quests, its a great way to force some to advance in the game. Although I always seem to have a problem with collecting the diamonds rewards when we have to validate our e-mail. Haven t got a clue where to go or what to do to get them. PLZ message me in private for directions on how to proceed. Thanks, love all those new buildings, and like others have mentioned its our lack of space to put them all...

DeletedUser110195

I'm not really thrilled over the Rosarium, as I've said, it's just a smaller Luau.

Last edited by a moderator:
The timing of the option to complete GE encounters was good, giving players who are doing things about as fast as they can the chance to combine this quest with starting the GE.

However, the timing of the end of the quest is poor. Both my ciites have now (Friday) completed the historical quest, with nothing left for the weekend except the end of the PvP tournament and the end of the GE. I know the Historical Quest officially goes on to Monday, which is good for the slower/more occasional players but it does not suit active players.

Perhaps future quests could have another three elements to them, giving active players something to do over the weekend and extending the official deadline to Thursday. Or, possibly a recurring quest at the end that could add a Forge Point (or something) for every completion so long as the prize was not claimed.

I'm not really thrilled over the Rosarium, as I've said, it's just a smaller Luau.
With less than half the population requirement.

If you can imagine something wonderfully different, I'm sure the devs would love some help with their imagination. The next Historical Quest has a prize that looks/rewards different to any other building I am aware of but it quite probably can be compared to something else.

Edit: Actually, the two buidlings are quite different, only having the similarity of offering different things for different timescales. The Luau offers happiness, which the Rosarium does not but against that the Rosarium offers the same 1 FP every 8 hours on its smaller footprint. The Rosarium also offers a choice for medals (more than the Victory Tower per square per day), which the Luau does not.

Last edited:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Jesus Christ man..do the event or don't do the event..but don't complain that you did it within the timescale but they should add some extra for you because you'll be bored over the weekend.
'Hey Inno, I completed GE in 5 days, I'm bored, make extra GE encounters just for me'

Jesus Christ man..do the event or don't do the event..but don't complain that you did it within the timescale but they should add some extra for you because you'll be bored over the weekend.
'Hey Inno, I completed GE in 5 days, I'm bored, make extra GE encounters just for me'
Jesus Christ man..have something constructive to say or don't say it..but don't complain when someone suggests ways to improve future quests and don't make up silly nonsense about people saying things that were never said (like "bored" and "just for me").

DeletedUser107007

I am on quest 10 of 12 in the Marilyn Monroe quest and it is asking me to take control of a province. The only province I can take control of is Fort Buntu. I have one completed sector, 14 to go. By my reckoning I would need 8600 diamonds to buy the items, because some of the items are from the FUTURE and I am still in TOMORROW. I could trade, but then again I hardly see any PURIFIED WATER up for trade. As for buying diamonds, I just don't have £75.00!! In an early quest, the game gave two options to complete that particular quest. So what can I do FoE to finish this quest and the remaining quest?