• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Marilyn Monroe

DeletedUser4727

Hi guys,

This thread is for feedback and questions around the Marilyn Monroe Historical Questline. Check out the full announcement here.

Check out our Wiki for full details on the quest as well as the Rosarium stats.

Thanks!

Richard and team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112

I will be in vacation and I will not get the rosarium :( . You should not make events in August

joesoap

Major-General
it used to be that we could have a fully functioning city and every so often we had to find some space for an event to build blacksmiths,cultural or whatever was asked in the quest, we have just finished summer event & now another 1 is due, i think we now need to keep spare space in our cities permanently

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
New way to make you spend real money since expansions in the city is harder and harder to achieve. Every new event with new special buildings which you can just keep in your inventory.

DeletedUser4727

I will be in vacation and I will not get the rosarium :( . You should not make events in August
Sorry to hear that! I'll feed back about the timing.

New crapy event. Great job! Keep ruining the game...
Sorry also to hear you're not looking forward to the Questline. Can you give a little more detail on why?
New way to make you spend real money since expansions in the city is harder and harder to achieve. Every new event with new special buildings which you can just keep in your inventory.
With the addition of store building, if you really like a specific building, you can store it for a later date. Not all questlines and events are geared toward the same types of players, and some people simply like special buildings for their aesthetics.
Can it be plundered?
Yes, the Rosarium can be plundered.

DeletedUser110195

Rosarium is just a compact Luau(at least concerning anything that matters in its production). Not at all sure it justifies messing with production, map progress, tech progress or tavern-going.

DeletedUser109966

Looks fantastic... an Aviary with 1fp every 8hours instead of 2fps every 24... certainly better than a Bazaar..

Others may dislike this prize, but it is the perfect size and design for my city, so I for one appreciate this event.

Just one question... is the fountain in the middle animated ?

DeletedUser4727

Looks fantastic... an Aviary with 1fp every 8hours instead of 2fps every 24... certainly better than a Bazaar..

Others may dislike this prize, but it is the perfect size and design for my city, so I for one appreciate this event.

Just one question... is the fountain in the middle animated ?
Yes, when it's producing it certainly is.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
other than soks, japanese sets and indian sets, everything else i got from events or GE is sold or stored now. even the speakers corner, chess square, 50 wws, 50 soks, 12 terrace farms, 20 bazaars in inventory, 20 sold, the aviary and all other "special" buildings, and now the rosarium too.
i would like to keep some event buildings in my city, but why when they are not productive, and just wasting space instead?
if innogames really want to make people interested in events, then they need to give more space and make the unique event buidlings at least a bit better than soks, so people will keep them in their cities. otherwise, except the new players, everyone will put them in inventory or sell them sooner or later.

DeletedUser109966

other than soks, japanese sets and indian sets, everything else i got from events or GE is sold or stored now. even the speakers corner, chess square, 50 wws, 50 soks, 12 terrace farms, 20 bazaars in inventory, 20 sold, the aviary and all other "special" buildings, and now the rosarium too.
i would like to keep some event buildings in my city, but why when they are not productive, and just wasting space instead?
if innogames really want to make people interested in events, then they need to give more space and make the unique event buidlings at least a bit better than soks, so people will keep them in their cities. otherwise, except the new players, everyone will put them in inventory or sell them sooner or later.

Possibly, you feel that way because maybe your playing style has the emphasis on efficiency, but not everyone gets their gaming enjoyment from playing for pure efficiency... the game also needs to make it interesting for the 'new' blood to play. I imagine from the sound of it you have an end of tech tree city... level 80 Arc... maybe higher... probably a few other GBs at similar levels... fields of SoKs... you probably also have a few other cities on other worlds with just fields of wishing wells... but if that is the case, you are the exceptional player rather than the rule, most players aren't that dedicated...

The next part of the new era is about to come out... 90%+ of the players playing this game probably won't ever hang around long enough to experience that 'event' and claim the rewards that come with it... I would go so far as to say that the majority of players actually prefer the release of this event than the imminent OF part 3 for example... think of that as a bonus event just for players like you. :)

BTW, don't read any criticism into my message... I look at cities like I imagine you have with awe at the dedication and effort it took to achieve it... I'm just pointing out that to expect a 'greatest ever' building from a bog standard mini quest, you might be being a bit too hopeful.

However, that said, every single city in my hood would be improved by the reward... one man's meat is another man's poison (or woman's)... :)

DeletedUser12400

Possibly, you feel that way because maybe your playing style has the emphasis on efficiency, but not everyone gets their gaming enjoyment from playing for pure efficiency... the game also needs to make it interesting for the 'new' blood to play. I imagine from the sound of it you have an end of tech tree city... level 80 Arc... maybe higher... probably a few other GBs at similar levels... fields of SoKs... you probably also have a few other cities on other worlds with just fields of wishing wells... but if that is the case, you are the exceptional player rather than the rule, most players aren't that dedicated...

The next part of the new era is about to come out... 90%+ of the players playing this game probably won't ever hang around long enough to experience that 'event' and claim the rewards that come with it... I would go so far as to say that the majority of players actually prefer the release of this event than the imminent OF part 3 for example... think of that as a bonus event just for players like you. :)

BTW, don't read any criticism into my message... I look at cities like I imagine you have with awe at the dedication and effort it took to achieve it... I'm just pointing out that to expect a 'greatest ever' building from a bog standard mini quest, you might be being a bit too hopeful.

However, that said, every single city in my hood would be improved by the reward... one man's meat is another man's poison (or woman's)... :)
Couldn't agree more. Very well written.

DeletedUser102623

Why has the cartoon icon image got MM's beauty spot on her right, whilst the photo has it on her left?

DeletedUser

well someone is moody, what with the hate lol?
we should be lucky for the events , lighten up fgs

Can't agree with you. Every new event slows down already slow game, and make people spend real money which is main reason of this events.