• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Making space for construction advice

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Aesthetics over efficiency. Yeah, well, why not? To each their own. I remember someone who expanded the city around the wildlife animations on the map :D
Once I put Dark Tower because it is just a beautiful building, but soon after I realized that efficiency is all that matters, so goodbye my pretty Dark Tower :(

Hey guys, I am pleased with the way things are going to get rid of houses and am thinking to build a Himeji Castle to replace some production/supply buildings.
Is this a good idea because many daily quests want up to 30 + or so completed productions of various times and ages? If I have fewer production buildings will the quests adjust themselves?
Also, I now have nearly 10 wishing wells that rarely give any diamonds, are they worth space that they take?

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Hey guys, I am pleased with the way things are going to get rid of houses and am thinking to build a Himeji Castle to replace some production/supply buildings.
Himeji will serve you very well in lower ages with it's supplies production, but the greatest thing about it are those juicy rewards you can get.
Is this a good idea because many daily quests want up to 30 + or so completed productions of various times and ages? If I have fewer production buildings will the quests adjust themselves?
Unfortunately not, quests are fixed per age, but you can use Blacksmiths for production quests, they are quickest to build and take the least space of all buildings.
Also, I now have nearly 10 wishing wells that rarely give any diamonds, are they worth space that they take?
Speaking of Wishing Wells, I don't recommend using them in your main city at all. They are best when you make separate city in another world specifically for Diamond farming and then make a WWs diamond farm.

Emberguard

Legend
or environmentally friendly.
thats an interesting criteria for placing a building down.

am thinking to build a Himeji Castle to replace some production/supply buildings.
Yes.

If I have fewer production buildings will the quests adjust themselves?
No it's based on your age. You will still need production buildings of some kind. Depending on how high you level the Himeji and what your supply expenditure is like you might want to keep some supply buildings anyway.

I think your main needs can best be addressed with more Exps
Famous last words! YES YES and YES, more exps are always needed.
the larger the Footprint the better. You need to get investments up a pace
While the quickest way of obtaining exps (which also gives INNO income) is to buy diamonds. However, to obtain them yourself (free to play) requires at least a year to comfortably complete GE4 or GvG. Some players get a level 80 arc in just 3 months for max 1.9 thread fp and medal rewards, but this is exceptional, not the norm IMO.
Participating in 1.9 threads really works but noobs don't have enough fps to take the top spots which is why having a city with a strong production of goods or a strong army is required to plough through GE4 or get the best rewards from GVG.
Camping at the end of your age lets you build up FP's but you don't benefit from the stronger armies you get when increasing your age. As you say its best to play FOE the way that suits your personal style, there is no need to rush.
the new generation of EBs arrived
Yes EB's like the governor's villa are better and more space-efficient than most GB's but can be less upgradable in the long run.

Finding a good guild or building a helpful FL takes time with lots of things to consider, there is a lot more to FOE than initially meets the eye. :)

Last edited: