Making more items tradeable

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by skaal, Apr 15, 2018.

1. skaal

skaal Private

It would be nice if more items are tradeable between guild members, example, motivation kits, one up kits, Reno kits may be even upgrades for buildings. I have several motivation kits that I barely use. But I am always look out for one up kits. They can be traded between non guild members but at different cost?
    What is the take of other players regarding this?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Migraine of Ord likes this.
  2. Test Ament

Test Ament Emperor

would be nice:
    I give one Wishing Well and I want 10 mass motivation kits

3. Richard of shaw

Richard of shaw Sergeant

I'd take that!

4. Agent327

Agent327 Brigadier-General

Stupid idea that can easily be abused, since you can put no value on those items.

SirFrancis likes this.
  5. Skott Ravenfyre

Skott Ravenfyre Master Corporal

Basic economics: When you give something away for free so often, they become worthless.
    Motivation kits, for example, are very commonly handed out in GE. And are therefore worthless.

The suggestion would also unnecessarily complicate the fair trade system. What exactly is a fair trade between mass motivation kits and wishing wells? Certainly way more than 10, considering motivation kits have no value due to them being free too often and Wishing Wells are pretty rare.

Vesiger likes this.
  6. Test Ament

Test Ament Emperor

there is no fair trade system (for goods)
    only something people pretend to be fair

why must the trade be "fair" ?

two people only need to agree on the prize
    and if both are happy after the trade it was fair for both sides

if you have enough who sell and enough who buy the prize will regulate itself

that is basic economics

if I am the only one selling Wishing Wells I can almost demand what I want

depends on what you have and how you play

in my main world I have 14 Wishing Wells and 28 Fontain of Youth, 12 Terrace Farms and many more buildings other people would pay for
    (selling those for 10 mass kit each would give more than enough for 1 year using and only aiding for events, DC, quests. but maybe I would make an auction and at the end I have enough for 5 year daily using one mass motivation kit)

why don't I build them ?
    no space. I have 150+ SoK and not all are motivated every day
    for me that makes Wishing Wells and all other buildings in my inventory worthless in that world

so for me many mass motiviation kits would change the way I can play
    I wouldn't aid other every day (which takes much time) and still not get enough aid back to have everything motivated
    I would stop aid other, use those mass motivation kits daily and save much time

(one normal motivation kit has a value of what you get from motivating when using. if you say it is be used on a SoK. value 1 FP + coins. if you use it for a tribal square: 5 goods... if somebody would want 5 FP then that would be ridiculous expensive)

the market will make the value

if you offer a Wishing Well and want 100 mass motivation kits and nobody buys it then it was too much

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Vesiger and Migraine of Ord like this.
  7. Agent327

Agent327 Brigadier-General

They are at the moment, but that is about to change.

Wishing Well isn't that reare anymore since there are other alternatives that do the same.

Players influence and abuse the market. A Wishing Well I have on A, I can not use on B. With this I can trade you a Wishing Well on A for say a motivation kit and you return me the favor on B. I now have moved my Wishing Well from A to B.

8. Test Ament

Test Ament Emperor

good for the people that this can't be detected :blush:

9. John12227

John12227 Private

I like the idea!

Would like to see items like coin, supply, defender, and attack boosts tradeable. Motivation kits also.