• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Make BP trading less random.

DeletedUser4453

Proposal: Change the blueprint trading function to "less" random.
It would be a great improvement if you wouldn't receive a B'P you've already have when trading 2:1. It's hard enough to get the BP's in the first place. You could change it so that:
-If you pay 5 or 10? forge points, you garanteed to receive a BP you do not already have..
-If you choose not to pay, you still receive a random. (no changes here)

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea -> I did, couldn't find it

Reason: Since I'm not a diamond buying player, I have to work really hard to get the BP's I want. It's practically impossible not to receive doubles. And then the "remove blueprints" feature comes into play: trade 2: 1 and receive a BP you've already have or even 1 of the BP's you just trade for..!! This isn't fair.

Details:
In the trade pop-up, add a checkbox for paying forge points to receive a new (non-double) BP. Check box is grayed out if player doesn;t have enough FP's.

Visual Aids:-

Balance/Abuse Prevention: none that I can think of..

DeletedUser

According to you, how long do you think it's reasonable for a player to collect all BP and start constructing a Great Building?

3 days?
a week?
a month?
few months?

DeletedUser

This isn't a bad idea and i can understand the frustration behind why it was formulated. I must say that I think that the balance is perhaps about right if not too good as it is at present. I wouldn't like for ithings to get too easy else everyone will have great buildings and that would make it not so great after all.
~ddrd1981

DeletedUser4453

I'm not so much frustrated by the time it takes, more than a month, about two or three seems about right to collect the BP's.
What I'm frustrated about is the fact that at this momnt in theory, you could never get all nine BP's since it's random all over.
When trading hard earned BP's 2:1 you should be able to receive more than a random BP from the same building....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think your chance to get a bp you need should increase everytime you do an exchange. That being said, I'm not entirely sure that it's not already like that. I have personally had pretty impressive results when turning in duplicate bps, it seems to me that you have a better chance of getting one you need than not.

I had doubts about the trade-in system when it was first released, but now I'm 3 bps away from having 4 GBs, and it happened pretty fast once I could trade in the duplicates. I'm not sure if this has been everyones experience, but I think making it any easier might be too much.

DeletedUser

Sure, if you take the idea of trading alone, you can argue that it's random and unpredictable whether and if you will get a missing BP.
But, don't forget that trading BP is part of the big scheme with the ultimate goal of getting 9 different BP to build a Great building.

And the collection of BP is made possible by:

-polishing/motivating/plundering (wo which they increased the drop rate)
-donating FP to an existing GB
-Quests (Da vinci and a couple of quests with random rewards)
-trading 2:1

So, with all the above considered as a package my personal opinion is that it's too easy to build a GB. So easy, that in my guild the number of players who have a GB dominates by large the number of those who don't.

I expected that someone having a GB would be "Wow" effect. But in reality you you wow when you see someone who doesn't have a GB yet.

So, on top of that, to increase further the chances of building a GB is not an idea i would support.
The easier it is to get, the less value it has.

DeletedUser

I "would" give this idea a +1 if it included fixing what happened to me this morning which is as follows:

I got a BP fo tower of Babel and it gives me a Triplicate so I swap it and it gives me a duplicate of a different part of it which then an hour later contributed to me having two duplicates which I again trade in, again hoping for a random BP I dont have and what happens ?? It THEN, to cap it all, gives me a BP for the Statue of Zeus which I already built ..... talk about a waste of time :mad:

As we can only build each GB once I would suggest that as part of the idea [;ayers shouldnt ever get a BP for a building they have already built. Yes, I know, it would improve the chances of getting a full set for another GB very slightly but it would be a LOT less annoying and frustrating.

SHELOB

DeletedUser

I got a BP fo tower of Babel and it gives me a Triplicate so I swap it and it gives me a duplicate of a different part of it which then an hour later contributed to me having two duplicates which I again trade in, again hoping for a random BP I dont have and what happens ?? It THEN, to cap it all, gives me a BP for the Statue of Zeus which I already built ..... talk about a waste of time :mad:

Do I understand well that when trading in 2 blueprints from the Tower of Babel, you got a blueprint for the Statue of Zeus? Now that is utterly impossible... In this case, you should have received another of the Tower of Babel.
If it did happen, you better submit a ticket to support so that they can check for you (rightclick anywhere on your village screen, choose support, proceed from there).

As for your remark about getting more blueprints of buildings you already have, if you browse through the forums, you will have come across the fact that there will be a use for these blueprints later on :)

DeletedUser

Do I understand well that when trading in 2 blueprints from the Tower of Babel, you got a blueprint for the Statue of Zeus? Now that is utterly impossible... In this case, you should have received another of the Tower of Babel.
If it did happen, you better submit a ticket to support so that they can check for you (rightclick anywhere on your village screen, choose support, proceed from there).

As for your remark about getting more blueprints of buildings you already have, if you browse through the forums, you will have come across the fact that there will be a use for these blueprints later on :)

Sorry no I traded in the second set and got yet another duplicate... Braincells missed out a sentence while tryping it.... but traded 4 BPs for yet another dupe why is that possible ?? And I must have missed the thing about the later uses for a 2nd set of BPs for GBs you already have :(

DeletedUser

Sorry no I traded in the second set and got yet another duplicate... Braincells missed out a sentence while tryping it.... but traded 4 BPs for yet another dupe why is that possible ?? And I must have missed the thing about the later uses for a 2nd set of BPs for GBs you already have :(

Ah ok, I was afraid there was a major bug there!

And yes, it is possible to get other duplicates, as you will get a random blueprint from the same building, but you will not get one of the prints you just traded in.
There are quite a few threads about trading blueprints already, and there it was mentioned there will be future use for blueprints of buildings that you already have. So they're not a complete waste! :)