• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Major game mistakes I'd like to fix

Luchhi

Private
I'm pretty new to the game but made the mistake of racing through the first eras and quests, which now leaves me a bit stuck.

I have advanced to a new campaign map but am not strong enough to fight on it, I can't negotiate very well here either as I don't have those goods... and all my quests are starting to be from Colonial era.

Should I age up and then slow down in Colonial to try to get my GB's levelled up a bit and collect goods. Or should I camp out where I am trying to ignore the fact that I'm a little stuck/trapped?

Extra considerations...

The summer event is about to start
I am in a very small guild
GB's:
Statue of Zeus is at the highest but only level 10
Castel del Monte 4
Lighthouse of Alexandria 2
Cathedral f Aachen 4
St Marks Basilica 2
Saint Basil's Cathedral 2

I have a complete set of blue prints for the ARC but no way of getting goods to build it.

Any advice would be most welcome

Emberguard

Legend
Given how close it is to the event starting I’d stay put age wise until you reach the countdown timer in the event quests telling you that you to come back tomorrow for the next quest

Colonial Age is a decent age to go upto and then reconsolidate your city to what you need. But I would do it further into the event when you’ve done enough to know for certain you can complete the remainder of the event once you age up

Luchhi

Private
Given how close it is to the event starting I’d stay put age wise until you reach the countdown timer in the event quests telling you that you to come back tomorrow for the next quest

Colonial Age is a decent age to go upto and then reconsolidate your city to what you need. But I would do it further into the event when you’ve done enough to know for certain you can complete the remainder of the event once you age up

Thank you Emberguard, I appreciate your advice, I'll do just that

B A M

Private
I have a complete set of blue prints for the ARC but no way of getting goods to build it.
You can search for the best seller in your world. They will sell you goods from any age to build any GBs you want, you pay back by putting your FPs into their GBs.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
I'd start with CF, not arc. At this stage of the game you probably still struggle with goods, CF+recurring quests is a solution.
Basil is a waste of space, don't work on it for now and even consider deleting.
I'd move to colonial from late middle ages (I presume you're in LMA, right?).
And get yourself a bigger guild, the earlier the better. Ideally diamond league GBG.

Luchhi

Private
I'd start with CF, not arc. At this stage of the game you probably still struggle with goods, CF+recurring quests is a solution.
Basil is a waste of space, don't work on it for now and even consider deleting.
I'd move to colonial from late middle ages (I presume you're in LMA, right?).
And get yourself a bigger guild, the earlier the better. Ideally diamond league GBG.

Thank you that's really useful information, I've been trying to collect blue prints for CF but it seems to be taking a while. Yes I'm in LMA and ready to goo to Colonial but will wait until I'm further with the summer event

Luchhi

Private
Thank you that's really useful information, I've been trying to collect blue prints for CF but it seems to be taking a while. Yes I'm in LMA and ready to goo to Colonial but will wait until I'm further with the summer event

II thought St Basil's would be good for the attack bonus but maybe I need to reconsider that

Emberguard

Legend
II thought St Basil's would be good for the attack bonus but maybe I need to reconsider that
If you look at the bonuses on the Great Buildings it'll either be Red or Blue.

Red = Attacking Army
Blue = Defending Army

The reason St Basil's is considered a waste of space is that it only works for Defending Army. This means City Defense and PvP Arena.... when the AI is defending on your behalf from another player attacking you.
  • City Defense you'll only get use out of if a neighbour decides to attack your city. However the only reason to defend is to prevent plunder. If you place the St Basils down then that's a 5x5 spot that isn't producing anything. Count how long it is inbetween each attack. Take whatever you would have put down into that 5x5 spot if you didn't have a St Basils and multiply the output by the amount of days you were not attacked by. That's your "maintenance" cost of just having the St Basils sitting in your city. If you're not getting attacked, and it's not preventing that amount of stuff from being plundered each time, then that's how much it's cost you to have it there without ever factoring in the cost to level it up
    • You should still have a defending Army utilizing Unattached Units as those don't take up any real estate whatsoever. That'll prevent the weakest in your hood from plundering you without any cost in space or maintenance. You just don't need to worry about the boosts for it
  • PvP Arena you'll only get benefit from your defending army for the first 5 attacks against you on a per day basis. Even if you remained at 0% boosts for defending army, chances are you'll gain way more points attacking other players then you'd lose from those first 5 attacks against you. So again, any benefit from having the boost is minimal. You might later on decide it's worth it, but I'd leave that until later on when you're more developed

Anything that is Red Sword or Red Shield you want to place down. You'll always be able to use Red boosts to generate a net profit of income

Luchhi

Private
If you look at the bonuses on the Great Buildings it'll either be Red or Blue.

Red = Attacking Army
Blue = Defending Army

The reason St Basil's is considered a waste of space is that it only works for Defending Army. This means City Defense and PvP Arena.... when the AI is defending on your behalf from another player attacking you.
  • City Defense you'll only get use out of if a neighbour decides to attack your city. However the only reason to defend is to prevent plunder. If you place the St Basils down then that's a 5x5 spot that isn't producing anything. Count how long it is inbetween each attack. Take whatever you would have put down into that 5x5 spot if you didn't have a St Basils and multiply the output by the amount of days you were not attacked by. That's your "maintenance" cost of just having the St Basils sitting in your city. If you're not getting attacked, and it's not preventing that amount of stuff from being plundered each time, then that's how much it's cost you to have it there without ever factoring in the cost to level it up
    • You should still have a defending Army utilizing Unattached Units as those don't take up any real estate whatsoever. That'll prevent the weakest in your hood from plundering you without any cost in space or maintenance. You just don't need to worry about the boosts for it
  • PvP Arena you'll only get benefit from your defending army for the first 5 attacks against you on a per day basis. Even if you remained at 0% boosts for defending army, chances are you'll gain way more points attacking other players then you'd lose from those first 5 attacks against you. So again, any benefit from having the boost is minimal. You might later on decide it's worth it, but I'd leave that until later on when you're more developed

Anything that is Red Sword or Red Shield you want to place down. You'll always be able to use Red boosts to generate a net profit of income

Ah right! Thank you for that! I have a lot to learn :) Thank you for taking to time to explain how it works, much appreciated