• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Mailbox search and filtering option.

• Thread starter DeletedUser6461
  • Start date

DeletedUser6461

Improvements Format

Proposal
There should be a search option in the inbox and outbox messages.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
I have searched the ideas, some have suggested near to this idea but no clarity in their proposal and may be that's why correct reply from the mods.

Reason
I have a guild of 30 members only, and within a week my inbox and out box will be having 10 or 15 pages and it's not viable to delete all the messages, because i don't know which one will be needful later.

Details
This search option should be made in such a way that a word contained within a) message from a particular person and b) the Entire Guild messages and c) a period of time dcan be searched for.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
No one can exploit benefit or cheat out of this idea.

DeletedUser

The whole email should be updated I think. Like if reply to the incoming, then delete it, outgoing deletes as well. Also maybe create check boxes, or select all, to delete several emails, instead one by one.

DeletedUser1094

A big + from me. I have more than 65 pages of messages. I want that search option, thanks... ;)

DeletedUser7719

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this before; yeah, definitely +1 from me

DeletedUser65

i like this however as its mail related id like to make an addition if you don't mind OP
the ability to add/remove players from group mails

reason being if a player leaves a guild he can still access the mail so an option to remove him is needed
likewise if a new player joins the guild a new group mail needs to be started to allow the new player access

DeletedUser

Proposal
There should be a search option in the inbox and outbox messages.

Details
This search option should be made in such a way that a word contained within a) message from a particular person and b) the Entire Guild messages and c) a period of time dcan be searched for.
I agree to this idea! +1

Also maybe create check boxes, or select all, to delete several emails, instead one by one.
I agree to this addition as well! +1

the ability to add/remove players from group mails

reason being if a player leaves a guild he can still access the mail so an option to remove him is needed
likewise if a new player joins the guild a new group mail needs to be started to allow the new player access
Why not add this too...? +1 :p

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

P.S.:
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this before [...]
So am I... :D

DeletedUser

+1 from me.

I've got 110 pages of mails, so it's a complete nightmare to find one mail.
We definitely need to have some kind of mailbox management.

DeletedUser2206

Try being on all 7 servers, and logging on first thing in the morning, to 40 or 50+ pages, and all mail can now be accessed, and answered, from ANY server. Really confusing first thing in the morning, particularly if some servers have the same members in your guilds. Don't you just love it when you have to figure out which server you have to log into to see if you have enough of x goods to trade with a member who is in 3 or 4 of your guilds? hahaha

Try being on all 7 servers, and logging on first thing in the morning, to 40 or 50+ pages, and all mail can now be accessed, and answered, from ANY server. Really confusing first thing in the morning, particularly if some servers have the same members in your guilds. Don't you just love it when you have to figure out which server you have to log into to see if you have enough of x goods to trade with a member who is in 3 or 4 of your guilds? hahaha

In other GF games, the messaging system is specific to the world in which one opens it - not sure why they haven't done that here. I have the same problem as you (only 5 worlds, but lead a guild on one of them) and it's driving me buggy! PLEASE GF - fix it so we only see messages relevant to the world we're playing at the time!!!

DeletedUser

+1 from me, i've got 343 pages of outbox
80% of that could be inbox if is didn't constantly delete it

DeletedUser6461

So many requests and still no such option.
I think it's high time for the Devs to look after this mail search option.
Hope it will get implemented soon :)

DeletedUser

I have to agree with kingjoseph - it would be nice if we would've had at least an explanation why they don't want to 'touch the chat system'. I have a feeling that there already has been such an explanation but i have missed it out.

DeletedUser1094

So many requests and still no such option.
I think it's high time for the Devs to look after this mail search option.
Hope it will get implemented soon :)

I have to agree with kingjoseph - it would be nice if we would've had at least an explanation why they don't want to 'touch the chat system'. I have a feeling that there already has been such an explanation but i have missed it out.

Additions to the In-game message-system has low-priority. There's a lot other items that has to be put up front... things that directly has an influence on the game-play. The message-system works, not as well as we would like it to, but it works... that's why it has a much lower priority. I'm sure there'll be improvements in the future... so just keep them ideas coming. But don't expect any changes done in a hurry... the devs have much to do in finishing the game-play and fixing the bugs that occur, before they, for real, can start "polishing" it.
All these... or most of the ideas in here are being written down for future use. All I can say, is what I always says : Please, be patient... :)

DeletedUser

Additions to the In-game message-system has low-priority. There's a lot other items that has to be put up front... things that directly has an influence on the game-play. The message-system works, not as well as we would like it to, but it works... that's why it has a much lower priority. I'm sure there'll be improvements in the future... so just keep them ideas coming. But don't expect any changes done in a hurry... the devs have much to do in finishing the game-play and fixing the bugs that occur, before they, for real, can start "polishing" it.
All these... or most of the ideas in here are being written down for future use. All I can say, is what I always says : Please, be patient... :)

This answered all of my questions regarding the chat system. Thanks Dael!

DeletedUser65

As much as id like to see the mail improved , we know the devs are hard at work at other things so if given a choice between "Industrial age" or "improved mail", well that's a nobrainer

DeletedUser99438

+1 This needs implementing asap.

There have been some nice changes to the messaging centre and it has improved greatly, but it falls short here. I can search through pages and pages of messages (a boring task) and can miss a message and have to try again. It wastes sometimes 5 mins or more of my time. Time should not need to be wasted on searching aimlessly for messages in the inbox, it takes from the time required to be spent on other important aspects of the game. More often than not, I don't succeed and have to ask someone with a less chaotic messaging centre to find the thread for me. This system is an absolute nightmare for anyone with any type of responsibility in a guild.

Likewise, it is a disaster for players who are in guilds that are extremely active and communicative. Players can miss important guild updates and daily threads that express the requirements/needs of the guild/guildmates. The messaging system is a frustrating challenge, even in a guild that has a highly organised, consistent, minimalistic and well labelled messaging system. Thus, a search function would make for a more pleasurable experience with regard to game communications (which has an imperative role and is at the very heart of a social game) and it sees that a player, with an overactive inbox, can look up the threads that they know they are required to be up to date with, instead of trawling through pages of messages.

Additionally, it would be great to be able to search inside a message thread too.

A side note: It would also be nice to be able to edit your own message, instead of having to re-post another one, which only sees that the thread gets longer and longer (with repeats and add-ons, etc) and makes for an unnecessarily chaotic thread. Additionally, being able to choose sticky thread messages would be great and prevent missing important messages.

Considering the messaging centre is the backbone of the communication of this game, these changes are imperative.

PS not having this function is such a nuisance, I actaully came here to start the idea had it not already been started. That's something I wouldn't usually bother to do! Glad it was already posted :) Thank you for taking the time to post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111337

I also think this is a good idea.

A few other ideas:
1) have an optional description for the thread. Many noobs don't understand exchange threads (I didn't a couple months ago and got quite frustrated because I didn't understand. Many others have stuffed up the system as well, assuming and not asking). Instead of people explaining it over and over and over again - it gets old... anything that gets old and repetitive doesn't make for a fun game
2) Message must retain, what your have previously written in the message and not wipe clean if you click off or have to check something. How many times have you written a huge long message only to click out of it (especially on the app) for it o all disappear and have wasted your time?! Not thinking to copy to clipboard after each sentence...

Is there another thread that cover this?