• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Mail System Change - Annotated Recipient List

DeletedUser98465

Proposal:

Remove (or alter) the "annotated" list of recipients when you hover over each mail message. Alternatively (and preferably) have it only show after +5 seconds (or longer) of you holding your mouse cursor over each particular message as it's not a necessity to display immediately and would be infrequently used.

Realistically, you shouldn't actually see any recipient list until AFTER a message is opened (akin to any normal mail system), but it's understood there may well be system or coding knowledge limitations which prevent this.

Reason:

Whilst it is great Inno have now implemented the "Subject Heading" for the mail system, they have also included a "annotated" list of every person that any mails are sent which appears for EVERY message every time one is viewed or your most "graces" each message. This is particularly annoying when you have multiple messages and it constantly flashes up obscuring most of the screen (especially when it shows up to 80 members), more so if you are a laptop user (or have a small screen)

It's unnecessary to have it immediately pop up and didn't need to be included in the update and as one of the most used features of the game is immediately off-putting.

Details

Implement a delay (or longer delay) to the display of the content.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
N/A

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I'm not going to -1 this, but what's the problem with keeping your cursor to the side when you are looking at the message previews?

DeletedUser98465

I'm not going to -1 this, but what's the problem with keeping your cursor to the side when you are looking at the message previews?

Nothing, but it isn't about reading the previews though. In fact my preference personally would be to remove the preview altogether but that's a different issue. This is at the point you actually go to open the mail, i know its only momentarily, but its quite annoying and in your face.

DeletedUser100341

I like the way they've done it. It only appears if you hover over it, so no additional space needed for a distribution list. If a new guild member joins you can see if the email had been sent to them or not. Also if someone leaves the guild you can see if they are on distribution. This prevents you from inadvertently forwarding an email to someone you probably didn't mean to or missing someone.

So -1 for me.

DeletedUser98465

I like the way they've done it. It only appears if you hover over it, so no additional space needed for a distribution list.

Maybe, but it doesn't need to appear so quickly. Are you going to use it every time you open a message? no, it something you would only access for a specific purpose on an ad-hoc basis so it doesn't need to display each and every time I/you/we open a message. :) The only time the tooltip should appear is when you've held it for a set period of time over the message.

DeletedUser1081

Maybe a little button could be added for people who want to see the full recipient list, in which case it could be in C&P'able form. I'm pretty happy with the way it is now, since it certainly beats not knowing who the message is going to, but it's true that it's not always necessary to see, and it would be more useful if we could C&P address lists.

DeletedUser2989

This idea was added with the new system that meant you need to enter the conversation and then access the list via the menu button in the top left hand corner. Marking this as implemented.